RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:08:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Andy's "Real" Football Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Andy's "Real" Football Thread  (Read 3010 times)
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: August 06, 2006, 03:26:23 PM »

The football season has kicked off back here in Blighty and if there is one thing I am more passionate over video games over is football, or as you may know it "Soccer". Anyway I am a avid follower of Burnley FC, who Im sure veryone outside of the UK will never have heard of. We aren't your Chelsea's or Manchester United's of the world we're a much smaller team slugging it away in the championship which is the league below the Premiership.

Yesterday we won our opening game against QPR 2-0 with both goals coming from Steve Jones on his Burnley debut, a free transfer over the summer from Crewe Alexandra. I don't think we will be pushing for promotion this season but I feel we should do well so I thought I'd keep an account of this season on here and share my joy's of being a Burnley fan with the rest of the wider world. 

Anyway here's a link to all of our action from yesterday:

Up the Clarets.
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:04:57 AM »

I've got Fox Soccer channel here over in the states and have watched that quite a bit in the past year or so.  Not much at all since the World Cup though.  I do prefer the Premier League to the MLS though.  Wink

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 05:53:07 AM »

Burnleys second game of the season away at Leicester City ended in another victory with the Clarets running out 1-0 winners. Andy Gray notched his first of the season with a well placed header at the end of the first half.

We are currently second in the league and haven't conceeded any goals. Lets hope we can carry it on for the next 44 games.

I didn't manage to travel down to the game as I am currently poor and didn't fancy travelling all the way to Leicester mid-week, but I'm going to go watch Burnley away to Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday. So Come On You Clarets.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 04:22:23 AM »

We played away at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, I was planning to make to trip to Yorkshire but became engulfed in a decorating frenzy so had to make do with the radio.

It sounded as though we were wuite poor and went behind in the second half to a MacClean penalty. Burnley managed to get back in to it shortly after with substitute James O'Connor netting the equaliser.

The game ended in a draw and the point for Burnley saw us move back to the top of the table. Now we're there, we just have to stay there.

Anyway, here's a link to the goals:
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:38 AM »

This doesn't sound like "real" football to me Wink.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 11:35:57 AM »

"real"? As in real boring?   Tongue

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 04:09:21 AM »

Burnley Vs Wolves on Saturday ended in our first defeat of the season. We went down 1-0 to a first half Jemal Johnson strike. Wolves had only signed Johnson a couple of days prior from our biggest rivals Blackburn (Bastard) Rovers, which kinda hurts slightly, he's also an American, so don't know if any of you guys have heard of him. Something not quite right with the away fans chanting USA at the footy.

Anyway we've now fallen to seventh in the table and face Crystal Palace on Saturday in the league so hopefully we can get back to winning ways. We play Hartlepool in the league cup before then, so hopefully we will be going into Saturdays game with a big victory over the Monkey Hangers under our belts.
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:31:01 AM »

The Clarets took on Crystal Palace away yesterday, and we managed to come out with a 2-2 draw. Quite a respectable draw as we usually do quite badly down at Selhurst Park. Mahon and Lafferty scored their first goals of the season.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 07:15:05 AM »

Football is officially gay

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length