RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:34:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Whos about sick of democrats and republicans 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Whos about sick of democrats and republicans  (Read 6269 times)
SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 08:36:27 AM »

Thats funny as hell, because I got my hard work ethic from an immigrant who rose the economic ladder through hard work.

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 08:38:27 AM »

The poor and middle class should work hard, not try to get as much as they can for as little as they can.  THat is why they are the poor and middle class.

The words of a man who was never poor?

When i was younger my mom made something like 5$s too much a week to get welfare. So she couldn't get daycare for me and my younger brother while she worked waitressing.

She was told to quit working so she could get welfare by the workers.

These programs don't need to be eliminated they need serious reform though.

Average/rich people bitch about programs that help undeserving people who don't try to better their lives. From personal and views it seems to be set up that way on purpose.

And hardwork doesn't always = success. Knowing the right people does.

I speak for the poor who try to get out. I would like to kill those who don't to screw the system and ruin it for those who really need it and those who are paying into it.

I hate political bullshit.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 09:04:07 AM »

exactly
SFS
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 09:16:06 AM »

The poor and middle class should work hard, not try to get as much as they can for as little as they can.  THat is why they are the poor and middle class.

When I was a kid, our house wouldn't have water for a couple months out of the year.  We couldn't afford the keep the heat (oil) on more than 3 or 4 hours a day total.  Every single item of clothing was second hand.  I got ripped on at a school that was 50% black and poor because of the POS car my mom drove.  I've lived in Bosnia for 4 months on 1,000 dollars.  I know what it is like to be poor.  That is why I have the work ethic that I do today.

exactly
That is no excuse.  If you want to know the right people, you ask people what they do when you meet them.  Whenever I meet people old enough, I ask them what they do for a living.

Immortal Technique
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 09:26:16 AM »

When I was a kid, our house wouldn't have water for a couple months out of the year.  We couldn't afford the keep the heat (oil) on more than 3 or 4 hours a day total.  Every single item of clothing was second hand.  I got ripped on at a school that was 50% black and poor because of the POS car my mom drove.  I've lived in Bosnia for 4 months on 1,000 dollars.  I know what it is like to be poor.  That is why I have the work ethic that I do today.

Then you should also be able to understand where i am coming from.

Not everyone can make it out no matter how hard they try.
Then there are others who fuck the system generation after generation.

I one up you on the school though , i was the only white kid in my class for a few years in a row. The rest of them there were 5-10 of us though. Wink

Then again bosnia...

SFS
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 09:41:08 AM »

And Maybe there are people who can't "make it out" no matter how hard they try.  However, all the poor people I know are that way because they try to get as much for nothing.

I have no problem in supporting those who work hard.  The outside workers at the winery make only a dollar less at their unskilled job than I do at my other job, and way more than what I make per hour at the winery.  I pay people out of my own pocket who work for me.  The only difference is, I am hungry enough to work too jobs. 

In any event, I am VERY serious about asking people what they for a living.  This is some of the best advice I have ever gotten in my life

Immortal Technique
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 10:33:32 AM »

huh?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 10:42:15 AM »

Going to the Greek Orthodox church, where about 90% of the elder generation were poor migrants, I see a whole lot of people who made something from nothing. Whether it be restaurants or whatever these people worked hard, and maybe they weren't millionaires but  they made enough money to support their children and give them an education.  And now, because those lower class immigrants worked hard to give their children the best, those children have become, for the most part, a successful middle class.

But if the lower class is to lay around while the government, AKA the taxpayers, gives them freebies what are they doing for the next generation? Well, since they will never pull ahead by simply recieving welfare, they'll be spawning more losers that will lay around while the government gives them freebies.

When shall his new form be revealed?
SFS
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 11:06:52 AM »

huh?
You want to know people.  Then ask them what they do every chance you get.  Later, (or even then) you have somewhere do go when you want something accomplished.

Immortal Technique
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 11:37:26 AM »

exactly
That is no excuse.  If you want to know the right people, you ask people what they do when you meet them.  Whenever I meet people old enough, I ask them what they do for a living.

Two things I hate talking about....politics and religion...but, I gotta jump in here just real quick.

Problem is, these "right people" that we are supposed to "get to know" typically want nothing to do with the "little people."  If the people you are talking to actually don't look down on you or don't consider you some sort of charity case, then you're real lucky.  Most of the "right people" are too self-absorbed to give a damn.

And it is a sorry fact of life that it's not what you know, but who you blow...er, know. Wink
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 11:39:00 AM by Pop Culture Portal » Logged

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 11:40:16 AM »

Going to the Greek Orthodox church, where about 90% of the elder generation were poor migrants, I see a whole lot of people who made something from nothing. Whether it be restaurants or whatever these people worked hard, and maybe they weren't millionaires but  they made enough money to support their children and give them an education.  And now, because those lower class immigrants worked hard to give their children the best, those children have become, for the most part, a successful middle class.

But if the lower class is to lay around while the government, AKA the taxpayers, gives them freebies what are they doing for the next generation? Well, since they will never pull ahead by simply recieving welfare, they'll be spawning more losers that will lay around while the government gives them freebies.

thats great, but that was a community of people that worked together, and you could get by with a lot less because of the support from others.  

in todays world, a person and their family is all the support they have.  a person needs a job to support themselves, and therefore they are at the mercy of an employer.  if one day, a new boss comes in and doesnt like you, forget about it.  

its awfully easy to say "get a new job" if you have only worked easy jobs, and have no real responsibilities, but getting a real job in the real world is very hard, and it can be taken away from you awfully easy, no matter how much hard work you put in.  
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 12:24:54 PM »

My thing about the goverment is its pretty much limited to the wealthy. why if you had millions of dollars would you spend millions of your money to get a job that pays a hundred thousand a year. The main reason IMO that they want office is to make themselves richer..Im not speaking for anyone but myself but the way I see it its like the special they ran several years ago about the goverment paying 5 thousand dollars for a hammer and hundreds for a screw..Im sure those items were purchased from some goverment offical who owned the hammer company or had his hands in the cookie jar somehow.My main point to the thread is our country is getting divided by the two partys with people taking sides when I belive neither party sincerley cares about anyone but themselves and their buddies...
Just like gas prices I think the Oil guys who helped Bush got their cookie by raising the price of gas over the past 6 years lining their pockets..now that election time is near they were told to drop the prices til the election is over to make the republicans look good..which im sure as soon as the election is over the prices are going back up.

Then the democrats are trying to win votes complaining about the war..but I feel the happy slappy days of peace love and happiness are over and to many people dont relize the radical islamist are serious about taking us out..Do they think the Iran president is just kidding when he makes the statements he does.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
SFS
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 12:54:26 PM »

Problem is, these "right people" that we are supposed to "get to know" typically want nothing to do with the "little people."  If the people you are talking to actually don't look down on you or don't consider you some sort of charity case, then you're real lucky.  Most of the "right people" are too self-absorbed to give a damn.

And it is a sorry fact of life that it's not what you know, but who you blow...er, know. Wink
You missed the point.  Ask this to everyone you meet.  You have a question about roofing nails, ask somone who is a roofer.  Its called networking.

Immortal Technique
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 09:21:56 PM »

You missed the point.  Ask this to everyone you meet.  You have a question about roofing nails, ask somone who is a roofer.  Its called networking.

Asking someone about the complexities of roofing nails is not networking.  You completely lost me.  I thought we were talking about knowing the right people in order to advance in society.  Huh

Ah well, I've grown to hate thinking anyway.  Time to go play a game!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 09:26:48 PM by Pop Culture Portal » Logged

SFS
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2006, 10:55:06 PM »

"net‧work‧ing [net-wur-king] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.   
a supportive system of sharing information and services among individuals and groups having a common interest"

Immortal Technique
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length