RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:56:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 10/15/06 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: How much do you like the Sega CD?
I loved it!  The games were awesome.   -7 (33.3%)
It was all right.   -9 (42.9%)
It was way before its time.   -2 (9.5%)
It sucked!  It should have never came out.   -2 (9.5%)
What is a Sega CD?   -1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 10/15/06  (Read 2850 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:05:05 PM »

How much do you like the Sega CD?  Welcome to my 1000th post!!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 08:40:29 PM »

Like all systems it has some GREAT games and some CRAP games. The thing that killed it was Sega themselves.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 08:10:35 AM »

it was a nice platform for experimentation.  most developers didnt know what to do with all the extra cheap space, and simply made direct ports of genesis games, with slower load times and redbook soundtracks.  and while most people think FMV games are crap (most are), some were kindof fun, and the idea of FMV did live on in the form of cut scenes (which i despise for the most part).  there are a few gems on the system (sonic cd, snatcher, lunar) that couldnt have been done on a stock genesis or snes.

the sega CD was not the failure everyone makes it out to be.  it wasnt a runaway success, but it did have a shelf life of more than 3 years, it had well over 100 titles, and it sold several hundred thousand units - not shabby numbers in the early 90s, and by far it was the best selling console add-on of all time.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:09:29 AM »

I'll give you one guess...

When shall his new form be revealed?
Kevincal
Donor
United States
Awards: RFG Promoter

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 10:58:19 PM »

I just enjoyed some Mickey Mania CD a couple of days ago.  Smiley  I think it's a cool system and for being one of the first CD systems, I think it did a fine job.

Cherish the most important things in life, your health & family.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 02:36:19 PM »

its sega..... need i say more.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »

its sega..... need i say more.

Yes

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 06:12:01 AM »

I said I loved it!  I mean come on!  Sonic, the Working Design RPG's.  The system is awesome.  The FMV games like Dracula Unleashed, Prize Fighter, Tomcat.  I loved them games and those were one of the first console games with "live actors and video".  Give it your love!

SMS set complete!
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 12:54:15 PM »

My Sega Cd gets regular use playing Vay, and Lunar.  I still enjoy a good game of Night Trap and Tomcat Alley as well.  The wife loves Sonic Cd

Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 08:53:09 AM »

I loved my Sega CD.  The FMVs were some of my favorite.  I could sit and play Sewer Shark for hours.  Vay and Lunar introduced me to Working Designs.  I remember playing Lunar for 3 days straight with very little sleep.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 06:53:08 AM »

Man, Vay and Lunar are still awesome games.  Working Designs was a kick ass company!  Too bad they went away.  And Sewer Shark.  I remember that fat guy eating spaghetti and chewing your ass out.  What a Fat Fuck!!  I liked Dracula Unleashed and Sherlock Holmes except the damn games were too hard!!  I needed a guide for both of them!  Any more memories people?

SMS set complete!
shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »

I had to respond with "What's Sega CD" because honestly the only game that I have ever played for SCD was Sewer Shark, and I don't think that it was the premier game on the system.  It was good for a few giggles though.  Another system that I need to try.

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length