RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:17:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | wildlife vus car accidents 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: wildlife vus car accidents  (Read 2117 times)
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« on: October 16, 2006, 12:55:45 PM »

Anyone ever run over any thing while driving.Me and the wife were coming home last night when a red fox ran across the road in front of us.He made it past us then for whatever reason he doubled back and thump thump. Our whole family was in the car once when my wife hit a deer totaled the whole front end of the car..Since driving Ive either been with my wife or I have run over unfortunitly a deer,several rabbits,racoon,possum,skunk ,cat and a owl of all things flew into the front of my truck once. And of all things possible a   mountian lion and her cub ran out in front of us back in 1992. Luckly we didnt hit her or her cub. I do hunt but I really hate to see anything get run over and just left. During rut for deer its not uncommon to see 1 to 4 deer killed on the 30 miles of interstate I drive back and forth nightly. Its been the but of a lot of jokes but we have a roadkill law here stating if you run over a deer or turkey you can take it home and eat it..but if youve ever seen a deer get hit bu a semi there isnt much left.

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:37:42 PM »

I have never hit any thing. I think a bird hit me once. If I do hit anything I am going to feel like shit for some time.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 01:53:54 PM »

My family has hit two deer, both times caused massive damage to the car, the second time the stupid thing ran into the front left bumper, so it was more like it hit us. A starling once got into the way of my headshield once, I've been in the car when we hit a possum and once we bumped a dog on the head but it was fine.

Now here's the best story, once while riding my bike through a suberb an old LeSabre came driving down the road towards me. It was being driven by one of those old guys who see out the window by actually looking through the wheel. Always a bad sign. Anyways I was on the right side of the road, the car was coming towards me and there were two squirrels chasing each other around in a yard to my left. Right as the car was passing me the squirrels ran right in front of the car. The old guy didn't notice but he squished a squirrel and I got spattered with squirrel blood which was really nasty, and the squirrel just kinda flopped around for a minute and then stopped moving. It's playmate just kinda stood there. I just kept riding with the blood on my clothes so I could show my mom.

When shall his new form be revealed?
SFS
I eated the purple berries
Neo Geo AES
Russian Federation

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:17:18 PM »

Once I started to swerve to avoid a rabbit, and then I remembered I don't care, and just ran over it.  It made a weird sound.

"It rains acid, one day the earth will cry from a stone
And you'll be lookin' at the world livin' inside of a dome
Comperized humanity living inside of a clone
This is the place where the unknown is living and real
Worm went to planet X and the seventh seal"

Immortal Technique
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 01:13:06 AM »

Yeah when we hit the possum everything just felt right for a second. Maybe the roads should be made out of live possums.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 04:52:18 AM »

Funnily enough, I was in the car with my dad the other day when a stupid pigeon walked out into the road on the other side. The car on the other side slowed a little then sped up when the pigeon was past. Then it walked in front of our car so dad braked sharply. He thought it was gone then we felt a bump. I looked in the mirror and all its guts had come out.

Survival of the fittest and all that.
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 06:16:02 PM »

Once I started to swerve to avoid a rabbit, and then I remembered I don't care, and just ran over it.  It made a weird sound.

That's probably the best thing you can do...don't try to swerve wildly to keep from hitting it.  I've know a few people who have swerved from hitting a small animal and ended up in the hospital for weeks.

Let's see, I've hit:

A couple of opossums,

A coyote,

An armadillo,

Many rabbits,

And I think a cat Sad

I've hit ALOT more non-living things before, like one of those giant stereo consoles from the 60s when it fell out of someone's truck.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

If I know anything about giant stereo consoles from the 60s, which I don't, then it was probably just putting itself out of its own misery.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 11:17:15 PM »

Driven over (not hit) squirrels & chipmunks, almost hit a deer, hit a flying matress(many racial slurs took place), hit a few birds(why do they fly low to the ground and try to weave across lanes of traffic?).

I was in the car with my aunt when she hit a turtle. That was actually kinda strange/cool. It made an awesome poping sound.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »

Here in Indiana its common to hit several things every year.  Mostly birds and possums.  I have never killed a possum but ran over several.  They get up and look at ya and start hissing.  This year I have racked up several birds, several field mice and one huge deer.  Never seen him until I plowed him.  My 2005 silverado had 5000 dollars worth of damage to the front end.  Ironically enough I never found the dear, he ran off.  He probably died in the woods somewhere.  I Had my baseball bat ready to finish the job 8-) and chuck em in the truck.  A 5000 dollar deer steak sounded good.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 01:03:16 PM »

You saw the field mice before you hit them? Or did you find them flattened against your tire?

Hehe baseball bat to finish the job, a friend of mine hit a deer once and after pulling over started trying to track it so he could finish it with his pocket knife. But he never found it either.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 03:19:52 PM »

You saw the field mice before you hit them? Or did you find them flattened against your tire?

Hehe baseball bat to finish the job, a friend of mine hit a deer once and after pulling over started trying to track it so he could finish it with his pocket knife. But he never found it either.
I live amongst cornfields with dirt roads between them.  As your driving along mice and other things run into the road.  I've never intentionally hit anything.  The mice are everywhere vultures circle the road and let you do the job then they swoop down and snag the remains.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length