RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:51:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Well is the Wii any good? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Well is the Wii any good?  (Read 3531 times)
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 01:00:16 PM »

how is availability, i havent had a day off since vets day, so standing in line on saturday night wasnt an option.  I should get off at a reasonable hour this evening, would a trip to target or gamestop be fruitful?
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 02:35:20 PM »

Probably not, but it probably would not hurt to call around. Apparently everyone underestimated how popular the Wii was going to be, except for Nintendo.

Hello World.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »

It pained me when I played Red Steel.  It's bad...

Ken

I heard that too, luckily I didn't buy that POS.

On the plus side, the WiiConnect24 is pretty cool.

What's so bad about it?  I haven't played it but the previews didn't have much gripe about it.  I haven't seen a review for it yet, though.  How bad is the game?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 02:39:05 PM »

Honestly I don't know, and if this was a fine upstanding site with a high editorial code my comment would be out of place, luckily this place is not when it comes to reviews.

For the record, Famitsu gave it stupidly high marks, 1up and Gamespot gave it really low marks.

Hello World.
chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »

Probably not, but it probably would not hurt to call around. Apparently everyone underestimated how popular the Wii was going to be, except for Nintendo.

stupid news reports, on saturday night, they were reporting that demand for the PS3 was much higher than for the wii, i was under the impression that there were bigger shortages of the PS3, not exactly bigger demand
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 10:31:22 PM »

Well, I did expect to get a Wii at all....then parents said they wanted to pick one up for me for Xmas....amazingly they walked into EB and got one without a preorder....so, i had the Wii and Zelda waiting for Xmas....I came home today for Thanksgiving, and low and behold, they gave me the Wii and Zelda as an early birthday (Dec. 1) gift.....

so, my thoughts....

So far I am loving the system....takes about 5 minutes to get use to, after that it is very intuitive...

Wii Sports - fun game, but more of a tech demo than anything.....
Zelda - I'm only an hour into it, but what I have seen so far has been impressive....
Shop - I have 2000 points, but I'm waiting to get a classic controller before I get any classic games.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length