RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:39:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Beaten in 2007 Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: The Beaten in 2007 Thread  (Read 27494 times)
Tan
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 01:13:07 AM »

RTC: Shogun Empires for the DS
Splinter Cell DA for the Xbox
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 10:14:05 PM »

01/14/07:  New Super Mario Bros. DS

I've got to say that it was actually a little too easy.
JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 04:27:52 PM »

01/15/2007  - Yoshi's Island DS

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 05:32:11 PM »

I've beaten the following games...(with unlimited continues and in co-op mode with Tondog from the forums here)

Metal Slug 1 (Wii)
Metal Slug 2 (Wii)
Metal Slug X (Wii)
Metal Slug 3 (Wii)
Metal Slug 4 (Wii)
Metal Slug 5 (Wii)
Metal Slug 6 (Wii)
These are from the Wii version of Metal Slug Anthology.

Mario Kart 64 (Wii Virtual Console)
R: Racing Evolution (Xbox)
E.T.* The Extra Terrestrial games 3, 2, and 1
*Trademark of Universal City Studios, Inc.
... and the game still sucks.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox)

Noah's Ark from Bible Adventuresv1.4 for NES.  I know people beat down on this game for being repetative and tend to group it with the other second rate bible games... but this one is decent.  A tad bit easy though, so no big accoomplishment.  You do get a rockin' fugue while you watch a flood destroy humanity if you beat it, so... the ending's worth it.  The Baby Moses game always sucked.

Jungle Hunt for Atari 2600
once again, I've been playing this for 15+ years and don't know why I haven't beat it before.

Katamari Damacy is cleared!  Now for the collection pieces...
Rolled up the sun on We ♥ Katamari.  That's about beating it.

Shadow of the Colossus on Normal mode.  Got to the Gecko on Hard, these are getting too repetitive.

Simple wins on Sneak King and Big Bumpin' again, this time for the Xbox 360.

Halo and Halo 2 single & co-op, varying levels (Normal-Legendary) multiple times.

9/25/2007 8:30AM Halo 3 Normal co-op with my bro, yeah, a little slow because I replayed the first two hours with a friend first, plus setup and delivery time.

Halo 3 Legendary - single
Gears of War Casual single, Hardcore Co-op
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 02:55:41 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 07:29:35 PM »

CTRL C CTRL V much?

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 01:30:23 AM »

Cut/Paste ninja OatBob.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 04:30:45 AM »

21.1.07 Resident Evil 4 (PlayStation 2)

A truly awesome game. Miles bigger than what I first anticipated, initially I was expecting a very short game without too much of a difficulty, but how wrong was I. There were numerous levels which I didn't think were in there and some of the end of level bosses were pretty tough. The story and FMV sequences were good, apart from the stereotypical "Ashley" character but it all adds to the sub-humour running throughout the game, and infact the series. Upon completion a few extras are unlocked such as movie-viewer and a arcade style point shooter. I may muck about with these features before I start on my next game.

28.2.07 Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PlayStation 2)

After around a month of playing I've managed to win the treble, the Masters League, The Division One Cup and the European Cup with Chelsea. Pro Evo is my favourit sports series ever, undoubtedly. Each new game is little more than an update of the previous incarnation but never the less I will still buy each one and do exactly the same thing each year. There really isn't much more to say than I'll probably be posting a similar tale regarding Pro Evo 7 this time next year.

31.5.07 Dead or Alive 3 (X-box)

Completed with all characters. No unlockables or anything so not much replay value. Very similar to Dead or Alive 2. Good while it lasts but can be completed very easily with each character in very little time, probably less then five minutes per character. I'm not the biggest beat 'em up fan anyway and do tend to just plough through them without learning any special moves or combos or anything, but lifes to short and there are too many games to be played without having remember stuff like this. Overall I would say this was worth purchasing and playing if you manage to get it cheap.

8.7.07 Final Fantasy XII (PS2)

Finally decided the time was right to complete FFXII, I knew I was reaching the last stage of the game so decided to try and complete the side quests before I did it. I managed to complete the majority of the mark hunts with the exception of the level seven ones which began to get slightly ridiculous in the amount of time you had to spend searching for the marks. I also collected 9 out of the twelve espers before I decided to call it a do. The game itself is good but nowhere near on a level with FFVII. The combat has been dumbed down to appeal to more people as the turn base battles are now real time. The story was also very sketchy and pretty hard to actually understand fully what was going on, the characters accents didn't help this cause much as I couldn't tell what half of them were saying. This apart I always enjoy final fantasy games and this was no exception. I would recommend to all RPG fans.

27.8.07 Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (PlayStation 2)

Another great game in the GTA series. More of an extension of Grand Theft Auto 3 than any of the other games as there is no new ground eally covered here. Everything it throws at you we have seen before but as the old addage goes if it ain't broke don't fix it. I only managed to achieve 59% upon completion of all of the story missions, but I really can't be too bothered to go back and get the things I've missed. The majority of which seem to be hidden packages, unique jumps, taxi misions, vigilante, fire fighter etc, etc, etc. Going through this game whets the appetite for GTA 4 when it's released early next year and I canhardly wait. Hopefully they will have loads of new ideas as we need some new territory to tread but in the mean time I always have Vice City Stories to play through.

23.9.07 Far Cry Instincts Evolution (X-box)

A great follow on to Far Cry Instincts, this game cannot be considered a sequel as there is so little new from the original, the only new addition is the ability to feral climb surfaces such as walls or trees, this just adds a platforming element to proceedings and can actually get a little repetetive. There are no new weapons from the previous game either. Evolution is also rather on the short side and was completed without too much trouble. The graphics again are stunning as in the previous game, they could have put a little more in to the however. More guns, more interesting feral abilities, maybe more sub-bosses, it could have done with a story line you could have been bothered following. Overall this game is still well worth a look.

22.10.07 The Warriors (X-box)

Another excellent release from Rockstar. A bloody and violent game constantly rewards with macarbe duty. Yes this game does have stumbling points, the graphics aren't too great, using the Manhunt engine the game was always going to be dark, and this does add to the game but it hardly pushes the hardware. The controls are a little cumbersome at times especially when trying to target a new enemy as opposed to continually kicking the same opponent whilst he's on the floor. The story is excellent to follow and charts the events leading up to the movie, and also has various flashback levels showing how each member o the Warriors joined the gang. After completing the game there is a bonus game to unlock titled "Armies of the Night" which is a homage to the 16 bit age of scrolling beat 'em ups. The game i worth playing through just too unlock this added bonus. Overall yet another classic from Rockstar.

2.11.07 Medal of Honor: European Assault (X-box)

Not the greatest first person shooter ever. Medal of honor games seem to have not evolved very much over the years though this instalment does try some new ideas. This time around you have some basic squad leadership to perform, this does become pretty pointless as your men are useless and don't do very much. This game has also had the difficulty upped quite dramatically following other Medal of Honors and can get quite tough in the later stages. The mission structures can get quite repetitve and each level follows the same or similar set up to the previous. This does indicate though what does need doing on the level so you know if you've achieved everything. The graphics and collision detection aren't the best either, not very realistic and bullets can some times hit invisible walls and definate "head shots" can sometimes appear hit and miss. Anyway, all achivements have been completed unlocking every medal for every mission, it's not often I 100% a game but this time I actually have done.

1.12.07 Command & Conquer + Covert Operations (PC)

The first and original. Completed from the First Decade compilation. The game still retains the qualities which made it great ten years ago. There are faults however which thankfully have been rectified in later incarnations. One of these issues is the speed of the game. Jesus is it slow. When you run out of credits you are waiting ten minutes before the harvester gives you some more, slightly tedious. This game definatley laid the foundations for what was to come and the inclusion of the Covert Missions definatley adds some variety to the bones which were already there. Onto the next game on the disc then. You can't beat a good game of Command & Conquer.

16.12.07 Shadow of the Colossus (PlayStation 2)

Shadow of the Colossus is a game which has received critical praise for the last couple of years, I concur that a lot of this is warranted, but there are also areas of this game which will turn off the modern day gamer. First the positives. The graphics are amazing for the PS2, and the colossus' themselves are breathtaking. The logic required to kill each monster is also excellent as there is a great variety in doing so. The perceived cons however make the game feel quite empty and shallow with nothing to do between each enemy other than actually finding it. This emptiness is however explained once the game is completed. Sure sidequests and pointless enemies could have been added, perhaps levelling up system and intertwining story lines, but that's not the point of this game. It is simple and goes back to the basics of what videogames once were, but adds a next gen sheen 8-bit systems could only ever dream of. This really is a game for the ages, and don't be put off by its shortness just take out as much as you can whilst playing. This game is made to be enjoyed, so enjoy it.

31.12.07 Gears of War (X-box 360)

Completed on casual single player. Will be being replayed on higher difficulty level and co-op. An excellent semi-tactical shooter with awesome graphics to boot. The game isn't particualarly long are difficult to complete but whats in there is good, and needs to be savoured. Some nice original sections also keeps interest up as the end of each chapter usually has some twist to figure out to get things completed. The X-box achievements also offer good replay value as more Gamerpoints are distributed for completion on higher difficulty levels. Definatley worth a pop for any shooter fans and I'm more than happy this was the last game I completed for 2007.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:16:43 PM by AndyC » Logged
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 08:58:08 PM »

1/27/07: Def Jam Fight For NY (Xbox).
3/10/07: Def Jam Fight For NY (Xbox). 2nd time.
April '07: Guitar Hero 2 (Xbox 360) - Easy Tour.
April '07: Guitar Hero 2 (Xbox 360) - Medium Tour.
7/15/07: Guitar Hero 1 (PS2) - Hard Tour.
8/05/07: Guitar Hero 2 (Xbox 360) - Hard Tour!
11/02/07: Guitar Hero 3 (Xbox 360) - Medium Tour.
12/08/07: Mass Effect (Xbox 360) - First playthrough, normal difficulty.
12/23/07: Mass Effect (Xbox 360) - 2nd playthrough, hardcore difficulty, same character. 

« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 09:15:31 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 01:25:19 AM »

Only a couple this year so far...not much time for gaming.

Superman (NES) - 1/1
Zen: Intergalactic Ninja (NES) - 1/16
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 08:54:42 PM »

2/4/07 King Kong for PS2
2/24/07 Geist for GC
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 11:34:29 AM by shaggy » Logged

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 04:50:58 PM »

Super Mario 64, finally with 120 stars. The most I ever had was 106 or so, playing at my cousins house when he had n64. Figured it was high time for me to get all 120 stars, so I somehow convinced my cousin to let me borrow his cart and went to work.

nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 12:15:29 PM »

Well I beat Dragon Warrior II for NES last night. I'm really happy to have it finished too because that last section was making me want to throw my computer at the wall. They really upped the difficulty right there at the end.
Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2007, 03:43:07 PM »

Trigger Heart Exelica on Normal Arcade mode. Unlimited continues, prolly used 17 credits...

Grim Fandango
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »

I beat Metroid: Zero Mission a week or two ago, I just didn't want to double post.

At 63 percent I think in 5 and one half hours.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2007, 11:17:38 PM »

Just hit edit bro. Check out the lists from years past.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length