RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | Game or Hardware Entry not in the database? Submit It! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Game or Hardware Entry not in the database? Submit It!  (Read 17048 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: January 01, 2007, 06:24:45 PM »

We strive to make RF Generation one of the best video games databases out there, but we are not able to do it alone! We need the help of all of our members and staff to make this site great. Perhaps you love the site, but find that certain titles are missing from the database. Well, don't fret, for you can submit those entries for addition to the database! How do you do that you might ask? Well, it's quite simple! In the navigation bar under search is a link called "Submit Site Info". If you can't find that link you can also click here. There you will find links to do any of the following:

• Submit Games Entries
  • Submit Games Variations
  • Submit Games Regional Variations
  • Submit Games Images
  • Submit Hardware Entries
  • Submit Hardware Variations
  • Submit Hardware Regional Variations
  • Submit Hardware Images

Once your submissions have been made they are subsequently reviewed by a member of staff. If the staff member finds the submission to be acceptable then it is added to the database; otherwise, it is rejected. If you find the submission system a bit confusing then I recommend that you see this FAQ to learn more about the system. If you can't figure it out you can pose a question here.

It's a team effort to keep the database up to date here at RF Generation, and we welcome and encourage member submissions. With your help we know that we are THE classic and modern video games database.

Hello World.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 10:31:41 AM »

Dont forget, that when you submit these types of infromation, you are forever credited with adding this information. Wink (So you can see your name on that page)

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.c..._nintendo&folder=Coll
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 07:23:40 PM »

I might finally get started on the rest of my JPN Saturn and JPN PS2 collection. I've been gone from most of the game related sites I visit for a few months due to work. But... look out now cause the work load has slacked off once again!

Slowly building an ammo fort.
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »

Question about adding hardware.

I'm looking to add some JPN VMUs and controllers. Should I submit them under Submit Hardware Regional Variations or Submit Hardware Entries? Sorry to be stupid about this! To me the VMU should be region free, but have a country.

So here is what I think it should be (might not be the correct format, but you get the idea):

Title - Visual Memory Unit [Segagaga D-Direct limited edition]
Console - Dreamcast
Region - Region free
Country - Japan

Right or wrong?

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 08:23:05 PM »

Region Free currently can't have countries added to it. I guess perhaps that the region free region should be WORLD rather than region free.

That having been said, I honestly don't have an answer other than that current restriction. That restriction could change, but it would require a bit of coding and testing to do so. I've notified Tynstar and AndyC of this question, perhaps they can answer it better than what I would be able to.

Hello World.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »

I've pondered this a bit more, and I am going to say that I feel that it technically has a region of Japan, as that is where it was released though it is region free. If that is the case then more than likely the US and PAL VMUs would also be Region Free, as would most every controller and such. I think that most everything in the current system for hardware has a region that implies where it was released, rather than where it works. So in that sense, this release should have a region of Japan, much like the US GameCube controller is in the US region, rather than region free.

If anyone feels that I should change region free to world please let me know.

Hello World.
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 08:33:07 PM »

In that context I feel you are correct. I was looking at the compatibility aspect of region, not where it's from.

When I add JPN DC system, all that come after the first will be under Submit Hardware Variations right? I swear I'm really not this stupid... it's just 10 straight 13 + hour days at work.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 10:26:22 PM »

In that context I feel you are correct. I was looking at the compatibility aspect of region, not where it's from.

When I add JPN DC system, all that come after the first will be under Submit Hardware Variations right? I swear I'm really not this stupid... it's just 10 straight 13 + hour days at work.

I agree with Dave on the region free. I say the region is where it was released not just where it works. I think a lot of the earlier video gaming consoles really had no "region".

About your question for the DC systems you are correct. The first one then all variants like different pack in games and different color consoles are all variants.

AndyC
RFG Friend
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 02:28:45 AM »

Just for my two bobs worth, I agree with Scott, the region is where the goods are released. The majority of the entries in hardware would work worldwide to some degree.
Tan
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 06:23:05 AM »

I'll pipe in my piece here too. I figured Region Free was a simultaneous single worldwide release. Like for example how the Atari ST had game releases that came as one language/packaging throughout the world, yet a region free DS game has specific parts numbers/packaging per region.
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 08:50:06 AM »

About your question for the DC systems you are correct. The first one then all variants like different pack in games and different color consoles are all variants.

When I add them, do I put the [variant] in or do you? Meaning do I type Sega Dreamcast [Hello Kitty Pink] or just Sega Dreamcast Hello Kitty Pink?

Just trying to get it right the first time.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 10:35:49 AM »

It would be like these

http://www.rfgeneration.c...p?ID=U-071-H-00010-A&

and

http://www.rfgeneration.c...p?ID=U-071-H-00010-B&

Tan
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 11:14:14 AM »

You don't need to type  the [ ] though, put Hello Kitty Pink in the "Variation Title" tab and your good to go.
Funk_Buddy
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 02:04:26 PM »

Thanks, that helps my tired brain.  Tongue

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats