RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:28:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Sick of Halo 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Sick of Halo  (Read 5650 times)
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« on: August 25, 2004, 10:10:34 PM »

My freinds and I have been playing system link Halo since it came out and yesterday I finally said no more. Not until Halo 2. I can not play another game of Halo or my head will explode. My freinds dont have good PC's, so that discounts the PC version. Shame, that one has some great stuff to kill the sameness.

Anyone else having this problem?

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 10:31:41 PM »

Thats funny becase i got sick of Halo about 2 months after getting it. But i never got to play it multiplayer so at least you got tons of gane play out of it.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 07:28:09 AM »

I'm not having that problem with Halo, but I am with Super Smash Bros. Melee.  My friends and I have well over 1000 hours on that game and I just don't want to play it anymore.  Of course that could be because no one can handle the force that is Jigglypuff.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 09:26:25 AM »

I'm not having that problem with Halo at all.  I got bored with it after about a half hour, but maybe I should give it another try on PC (I've only played the X-Box version in multiplayer).  I do, however, have that problem with Warcraft III tower defense levels.  They're a lot of fun, but I've played so many games of it at LANs with my friends that I just can't stand it anymore.  It's kind of like listening to Michael Bolton records, only I'm sick of Warcraft after the 9 billionth time, and not the first.

IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 02:12:29 PM »

Ah.. War Craft 3 is great.. Then again I havent played it TOO much yet.
War Craft 2 got kind of tired after 2 years. Especially when you know you're
opponent so well, and he knows you, that you're matches last for a literal 8 straight hours.

retrogamerGeoff
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 12:15:45 PM »

I got fed up with XBox Halo when I played through it for first time. After you get the past the "Ooooooh pretty" factor, it becomes repetetive. I almost threw the controller out of the window during the Monitor mission.

Multiplayer extended the appeal but even that reached it's limit a few weeks ago.

Halo is up there now with my list of "overrated games" along with Splinter Cell and soccer games.

Geoff
Reliving my days of owning a Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore Amiga. Also enjoying my PC, XBox and Playstation 2.
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 12:23:24 PM »

It looks like I might have to start playing Halo alot more.  A bowling alley by my house is having a Halo tournament.  I think I might get a team together to storm through the competition.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 12:33:56 PM »

Best of luck. Is there some sort of prize?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 12:34:05 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 12:35:08 PM »

There is a cash prize for the top three teams and top three individuals, but I'm not sure how much.  I just saw a flyer for it on my lunch break.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 12:37:48 PM »

Cash is cash for just playing a game. Which is something you like to do anyways...i should hope.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2004, 06:50:07 PM »

Naw, video games suck.  I buy so nobody else will have to play them either.   |D
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 07:14:27 PM »

Halo is up there now with my list of "overrated games" along with Splinter Cell and soccer games.

I couldn't agree more, especially when it comes to Splinter Cell.  That game has AMAZING lighting effects, and great graphics all around, but I hate it.  It's just not fun.  There are way too many buttons (on PC anyway) and playing it is more of a chore than a good time.  I don't understand the obsession with this game at all.

IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2004, 05:41:04 PM »

I actually had a lot of fun playing Splinter Cell personally. I really liked how it rewared you for patience and being very meticulous.

Speaking of overrated games though. I dont really see the appeal of the newer Mortal Kombat games(sorry, Izret) I agree they're fairly well done, but I cant really see why its so big when there are much better fighting games out there. (then again, I've been playing Street Fighter 3 since the Dreamcast)

Oh and why the hell does Sub-Zero now look like The Shredder from Ninja Turtles?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 05:44:29 PM by IceBladeX » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 06:59:57 PM »

You mean like this?

* MKD_Sub-Zero_HIREZ.jpg (250.62 KB, 750x995 - viewed 260 times.)

IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004, 08:44:50 PM »

Yes, exactly. Look at him, hes thinking about dining on turtle soup tonight. Muhahahaha!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length