RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:45:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 1/14/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Best system of 2006?
PS2   -4 (16%)
PS3   -1 (4%)
PSP   -0 (0%)
Xbox   -2 (8%)
Xbox 360   -3 (12%)
DS   -12 (48%)
GBA   -1 (4%)
Gamecube   -1 (4%)
Wii   -1 (4%)
Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 1/14/07  (Read 2898 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: January 14, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

Which system was the overall best in 2006?  Which had the best games?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tan
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »

I voted for DS, although my 360 gave me some fantastic games in 2006, our DS's get daily useage without a drought in games like the 360 had.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 05:13:22 PM »

I voted Xbox. I'm sure this would warrent lots of arguements, but I think the Xbox is my favorite system all time. Good games, great controler, linked multi-player play. Now its not like I haven't played my fair share of older/other systems, I have ten different ones myself, and I might pick any of about 5 other systems as my favorite on another day, but today it's the Xbox.

And I realise that the argument could be made the 360 is an upgraded version of the Xbox and, yes, I do know what run-on sentences are.
JWKobayashi
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 05:29:50 PM »

DS for sure.

This is the system that got the most play from me, even after I purchased my Wii.  So many good games!

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 09:02:04 PM »

I put in my vote for the 360.

There were some MONSTER games for almost every system, but for the types of games that I play, the 360 fits best.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 10:36:53 PM »

PC!!!!! Medieval 2: Total War was the pwnt.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:41:40 AM »

i decided to go against common favorites.  the gba got mine simply because of the number of rpg's and strat games that came out for it.  with games like super robot taisen 1 and 2 as well as summon night 1 and 2 (btw, wtf is up with atlus releasing both series less then 3 months apart from each?) i couldnt help but feel this was a nice change.  finaly we get an english SRT game.  finaly we get some of the summon night series.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 04:33:41 AM »

I voted for the 360 but I was typing up a reply and realised I had more fun with the DS, so I changed my vote. The 360 got me into the nextgen and while the graphics are good, they aren't entirely impressive. The DS is a lot of fun. It's even caught the interest of a 58 year old man from work. I often have two player WiFi games with him at the weekends.

I've got one duff game out of twelve on the DS and one and a half duff games out of five on the 360. They're Spyro: Shadow Legacy, Just Cause and the half one is Dead Rising. Dead Rising is a good concept but it's too hard to have fun with.
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2007, 05:33:36 AM »

I voted the Gamecube. The reason behind this is because the Gamecube is the system I had the most fun with in 2006.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 11:29:32 AM »

Xbox 360

I played it the most over the last year. Lots of good games.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2007, 01:22:43 PM »

It was between the DS and the PS2. The way I looked at it, the DS had New Super Mario Brothers, Metroid Prime Hunters, Yoshi's Island 2, Tetris DS, Elite Beat Agents, Final Fantasy III, Portrait of Ruin and a few others. Nothing really new or exciting besides EBA.

The PS2 on the other came out with Okami, FFXII, Bully, Valkyrie Profile 2, Disgaea 2, Shadow Hearts FTNW, Xenosage III, Tales of the Abyss, MGS3:S, GH2, and Kingdom Hearts 2 (wow, looking back on it that was more impressive than I thought).

Anyway, I voted DS simply because I prefer games I can simply pick up and play without having to get into.

[edit] You know what, I take back what I said, it doesn't matter what type of games I prefer, the PS2 had an amazing year. Too bad I already voted.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2007, 03:43:44 PM »

It was tough.  I couldn't go with the PS3 or the Wii simply because they were only out for one month of last year (like I would have voted for the PS3 anyways).  My final answer was the Nintendo DS.  The system is so innovative and has come out with a lot of "different" games not mention mention New Super Mario Brothers and the such.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »

But New Super Mario Brothers wasn't good. It was essentially the original Super Mario Brothers all over again minus any semblance of difficulty which is what made the original so much fun.
This Dude Abides
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2007, 01:45:57 AM »

DS, with the Wii a close second.   I bought nine games for the DS and I was impressed by each one (even Asphalt: Urban GT).  Too bad the same couldn't be said for the rumble pack.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length