RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 12:40:01 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Hardest system to complete? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Hardest system to complete?  (Read 6764 times)
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:38:27 AM »

Yeah, so I blantantly ripped off nester's topic (sorry nester...  Tongue) , but I figured this would be an interesting thread as well...

I'd have to give this one to the Atari 2600, and then the NES, and probably don't really have to explain why.

I'd have to say the Original Game Boy would be pretty hard as well,  just because it was no where near as popular as the NES, yet it had a long life cycle, and pretty large library of games. Plus finding Game Boy games CIB seems to happen alot less than finding games CIB for alot of other systems.

I regretfully don't have a Turbo Graphx 16 anymore, but I would imagine that would also be a difficult console to complete as well, because most people threw their cases and just kept the HU-Cards because they took up so little space.

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 01:56:27 AM »

I think PS1 would be crazy hard just because of the number of games.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:30:15 AM »

I'm going to say the Neo-Geo because prices alone would make it extremely difficult.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 09:06:19 AM »

Neo Geo & 2600

OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:40:21 PM »

This would make a good poll methinks...

Atari 2600.  Every game sealed.  Do it!  Now!
just kidding  Roll Eyes

Ummm.... Playstation or Playstation 2 for shear volume of games.  The other one I think would be hard just to assemble a list for would be all the home pong consoles and all their clones.

An expensive and space consuming one would be arcade machines I guess.  That would be one heck of a game room though. leo

Of course, there is always some extra challenge building a collection from a different region, too.

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:30:39 PM »

I'm gonna have to say either PS1, PS2, or CD-i.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 08:09:43 PM »

Volume doesn't mean it is hard.

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 08:26:44 PM »

GB or neo geo systems
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »

PS 1, PS 2 for number of games.

Neo Geo AES for costs.

GBA - Just Because I don't see it dying out anytime soon. And number of Games
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 09:05:58 PM »

Volume doesn't mean it is hard.

Indeed, most of the time when you find PS and PS2 games, they're usually complete, and though there are alot of rare/scare PS and PS2 titles I doubt many of them are as hard to get ahold of as some of the older boxed cartridge titles. Plus from what I've seen, alot of the PS titles go for close to nothing.

I recently got a Famicom Disk System, as some of you know, and I've discovered that collecting games for these things is very VERY frustrating. It only had about a two year life span, but having to sort through an enormous amount of bootlegs, and not being able to read Japanese, makes it pretty difficult.
Most of the Fami Disks you find are not complete, and only come as sleeve and game, and Nintendo had there own Disk Writing units put into stores in Japan, and had it set up to where you could copy over a game with a new one, which makes it even more difficult to get a genuine title. Some of the games were ONLY released on the Disk Writing units. Also the info on Famicom Disk system games is lacking to say the least. I'd say having a CIB FDS library would be a real feat.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 09:08:29 PM »

I'm going to have to rip off my own sarcastic post in the "easiest system" thread and say DOS games or just the PC in general. Normally I consider PC's completely different from "normal" game systems but OatBob threw out Pong clones and arcade machines...
wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 11:50:06 PM »

I think atari 2600 is hands down the hardest if you want the games complete... espicially if you think of air raid  as far as ive heard theres only one unkown person who maybe has a complete copy... neo geo  if you have the money it wouldnt be that hard to complete a collection...thing with the 2600   even if you have the cash to buy  it may take years and years  to try and track down some of the boxes and manuals

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Tan
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 12:05:28 AM »

I'll throw the Vic-20 into this list as well, finding anything loose, new, complete, or even hardware and accessories is a chore in itself.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 02:07:12 AM »

I think atari 2600 is hands down the hardest if you want the games complete... espicially if you think of air raid  as far as ive heard theres only one unkown person who maybe has a complete copy... neo geo  if you have the money it wouldnt be that hard to complete a collection...thing with the 2600   even if you have the cash to buy  it may take years and years  to try and track down some of the boxes and manuals

As far as I know no box or manual has been found. Then again some say Air raid is just a pirated game.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 02:10:14 AM »

RDI Halcyon maybe.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length