RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:06:17 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | wisdom teeth 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: wisdom teeth  (Read 5290 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: September 02, 2004, 11:26:17 AM »

I went to the dentist yesterday. They told me my top wisdom teeth have already grown in all the way and my bottom ones are about to come through my gums. I have to go in on the 17th to get them removed.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 11:56:37 AM »

That sucks. I heard it actually hurts less eventually if you won't get drugged. What'll you do?

I'll have to get  5 holes filled one of these days. All secret hidden holes that'll only show on xray. I'm up for some pain.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 12:16:46 PM »

Getting teeth pulled isnt that bad or filled isnt that bad. I had 4 pulled for braces and 1 filled for a cavity. My wisdom teeth are all about half way in. The biggest problem with getting a tooth pulled is the blood and you arn't supposed to eat certain things because they might get stuck in the hole and cause an infection. But other than that its no big deal. Heals in 1-2 weeks.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 12:32:59 PM »

IZRET, have you asked your dentist about your wisdom teeth? You may not need them pulled if you already had teeth pulled for braces.

I just had mine pulled last Thursday. I'm still popping Advil like it's candy. I'll tell you how to go about it though.

First off, don't go to the dentist. Go to the Oral Surgeon. The difference is that a dentist can't give you the kind of drugs the Oral Surgeon can. Oral Surgeons can pull teeth like you wouldn't believe too. They can have all 4 of those things out in 20 minutes or less.

So, when you get in there you need to be like Cypher going back into the matrix. Tell them you don't want to remember ANYTHING. Make them knock you out. They'll hook you up to an IV and all the shit. Bam! Gone! Out! You won't remember anything. The whole mess takes about an hour out of your day.

You'll be really groggy though, so make sure you have someone to drive you home.  Then just lay around and watch movies all day.

They say to be careful what you eat but it's really just a comfort issue. I know a guy who was back to work and eating pork chops the same day he got his teeth pulled. I wouldn't try that though. You don't want to get food lodged in the holes before they've had a few days to heal.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 01:21:03 PM »

I'm 36 and still have all my wisdom teeth. at this point I can't imagine I'd ever need them out, but you never know.

Zimbacca
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 01:33:58 PM »

That sucks. I heard it actually hurts less eventually if you won't get drugged. What'll you do?

I'll have to get  5 holes filled one of these days. All secret hidden holes that'll only show on xray. I'm up for some pain.

I'm going to have the put me out.  
They told me the take 600mg of ibuprofen the night before the surgery
600mg the morning of the surgery
600mg three times a day after the surgery for three days.
Then whenever my mouth is hurting I have to take the big pain pills. The problem is, I hate taking any kind of drug, even if its medicine

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 08:14:18 PM »

All 4 of mine grew in a while ago.  I got a piece of food stuck between one of them and the gum a few years ago, and it got infected.  The tooth had to be pulled at that point.  The dentist just gave me some local freezing (but he couldn't freeze all of it because apparently, I have an extra nerve in there) and he yanked it out.  Done and done.  Now my mouth is lopsided with both wisdom teeth on the top, and only one on the bottom Smiley

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 09:08:01 PM »

Getting regular teeth pulled isn't all that bad.  Getting wisdom teeth pulled though is a major pain in the butt.  LOTS of blood, lots of pain, lots of food stuck in the holes, lots of time spent laying around not being able to eat any meat (and since meat is superior to other foods, this is problematic).

Zimbacca
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 09:26:11 PM »

When my older brother got his taken out he swallowed some blood and got really sick for a few days. That's pretty much the only thing I'm worried about.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 09:36:53 PM »

You should beat Ninja Gaiden. If you can beat Ninja Gaiden, you're ready for anything.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2004, 12:22:50 PM »

I'm going to have the put me out.  
They told me the take 600mg of ibuprofen the night before the surgery
600mg the morning of the surgery
600mg three times a day after the surgery for three days.
Then whenever my mouth is hurting I have to take the big pain pills. The problem is, I hate taking any kind of drug, even if its medicine

JESUS CHRIST.
Some of my family members have taken thoughs for things like a slipped disc and getting major neck surgery. You cant be bigger than the people i know who have taken them and gotten groggy so i figure
one pill it is gonna knock you right out, or just make you really useless for a few hours.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 08:51:57 PM »

Good luck man! When I had mine pulled a few years ago it SUCKED big time. All 4 at once and I'm a smoker. If you're a smoker and you've had teeth pulled you're prolly familiar with dry jaw socket. I got that and you wanna talk about some fucking pain! I've had many many teeth pulled and consider myself something of an expert on the subject...lol

Freak, here's what to do man:

eat carefully, rinse with 50/50 listerine and water after you eat anything. It won't hurt if you remember to water it down and it will help clean the crap outta there. Also ask your dentist/oral surgeon for an empty needle thingy (don't know how to spell it..lol) so you can sqwirt water on the areas affected with more accuracy in the instance that you do get food stuck in there. Just remember not to sqwirt water in there with any amount of decent pressure cause then you'll remove the clot.

if you smoke (don't recall), cover the holes with gauze before you light up.

if you start to bleed put a tea bag over the hole and hold it there for 15-30 minutes. Tea bags and gauze soaked with clove oil (that's what the dentist would give ya) will hinder and eventually stop the bleeding. Something in them promotes clotting Wink

For pain if motrin works for you then more power to ya. I am immune to the shit so I got extra strength vicadin. Unfortunately it makes me sick as a dog after the initial high. If you get the stuff and that happens try to eat something when you start to feel queasy. Something along the lines of crackers or bread and drink OJ.

DON'T use straws under any circumstances! Dry jaw socket is caused by sucking air into the mouth and in turn into the holes and drying everything out. Non-smokers CAN get it but it's uncommon. Using straws is a surefire way to put a serious hurtin on yourself. The only way to get rid of the pain from dry socket is to go to the dentist and have them remove the clot and repack the hole with gauze soaked in clove oil.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 07:43:31 AM »

I haven't had to get my wisdom teeth out, but call me a wierdo, I can't wait for it.  I think the excrutiating pain that I will go through will be worth it when I can pop Vicoden like candy and play video games until I pass out.  Plus, I would still get paid for it!
Zimbacca
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 04:29:42 PM »

eat carefully, rinse with 50/50 listerine and water after you eat anything. It won't hurt if you remember to water it down and it will help clean the crap outta there. Also ask your dentist/oral surgeon for an empty needle thingy (don't know how to spell it..lol) so you can sqwirt water on the areas affected with more accuracy in the instance that you do get food stuck in there. Just remember not to sqwirt water in there with any amount of decent pressure cause then you'll remove the clot.

if you smoke (don't recall), cover the holes with gauze before you light up.

Nah, I personally find smoking nasty.

I haven't had to get my wisdom teeth out, but call me a wierdo, I can't wait for it.  I think the excrutiating pain that I will go through will be worth it when I can pop Vicoden like candy and play video games until I pass out.  Plus, I would still get paid for it!

It's not that weird. I can't wait to get mine out. I know its going to hurt like a fucking bitch but right now my teeth hurt really fucking bad, and the pain from the surgery will go away.

Zimbacca
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2004, 05:06:49 PM »

Well I'm back from getting my wisdom teeth taken out.   I got out of the dentists at noon and my gums just now stopped bleeding.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length