RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:51:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Non-Loading NES 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Non-Loading NES  (Read 1159 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: February 21, 2007, 12:31:18 PM »

my NES is being a git, i haven't used it in a a while it does live in its box so should be nice and clean BUT it  is really hard to get it to load a game.

I have cleaned the carts connectors and some games do eventually work but most no matter how they are put in all i get is a flashing power light and a gray screen ( the same as when you don't have a cart in), Does this mean i have to take the NES apart and clean the cart port or is it the loading mechanism not engaging right and then not even reading the caretridge?

or is it all bust and time to ring Nintendo and get it fixed?

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 12:38:23 PM »

Sounds like the pin's on your connecter inside of the system have been pushed down over time here is a link on how to do the work yourself. http://www.ericbookout.com/nes-geek/ufix/

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 12:55:16 PM »

If you buy a new 72 PIN connector, make sure you buy a new one and not a refurbished one.
Replacing the connector is very easy.

Good luck

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 01:13:16 PM »

thansk alot for the link, i'll have a read and see if its with im my limits to have a go

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »

I bought an NES from someone here/Digital Press in the Summer. It was fine for a month but then it suddenly started blinking. No warning, it just stopped playing games. Obviously not the sellers fault because it was flawless until then. After cleaning the connector loads of times I decided to bend the pins back into place but I didn't do it properly, so it didn't work. I considered buying a new connector from egay. Egay UK had the standard ones for £10 delivered so I looked on .com where the gold ones were £9 delivered. It seemed kind of extortionate so I had another go at bending the pins. It turned out there was just one pin I hadn't bent properly.

It helps to have a bright light shining into the connector when you're trying to look for out of line pins. This site has got some good pictures of what to do.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk...nintendo/nes-blinking.htm
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 02:31:51 PM »

Thanks for the links fellas.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 03:53:20 PM »

Just give the cartridge a blow, or maybe the magic tap.

When shall his new form be revealed?
MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »

I was using a top loader the last 5 years or so, and I finally decided to pop open a toaster to see what a good cleaning would do.  99% of the time, you don't need a new 72 pin connector, just bend back the pins and cut the lock out chip.  I have done this to 4 systems now and they work better than new, no blinking screen ever.  Here is a pretty good link for getting rid of that pesky lock out.

http://www.retronintendo....amp;pa=showpage&pid=7

No lock out chip means no blinking screen, its that simple.  If you don't feel like doing it, I have a complete Action Set I'm looking to unload where I have already done the region mod, let me know if you want it!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length