RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:09:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Time to remove some NES games from the collection list... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Time to remove some NES games from the collection list...  (Read 2673 times)
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: March 17, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »

Alternatively titled, "I'm the victim of theft".

Yeah, we travel back and forth between our two houses in two states. We come to this one only to find we'd been robbed. Nothing too major. They did leave a MESS, though.
I first walk into my room and notice that the old Roland is gone. Eh, whatever; we just got a new Yamaha Motif ES8, not to mention that the Roland was falling apart anyway. No harm done.
Then we find out that they took our vaccum cleaner. Yes, our vaccum cleaner. You think they could have at least used it to clean up the mud they tracked through the house first. Angry
I wasn't too affected until we checked and made sure the TV was still here (which, oddly enough, it was). I saw a couple of my NES games when it hit me. I checked all around the TV. No NES, and the box which had 26 NES games + instruction manuals... AND Zelda II and Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt... and my Zapper. Cry Now I've gotta re-buy it all. Meh. I hope the NES dies. Angry

Based on the sheer sloppyness of the crime itself, it seems like some kids acting out a spur-of-the-moment kind of crime. Also, who the heck takes a nearly busted piano and a vaccum cleaner, but leaves a perfectly good 29" TV? Huh
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »

Probably ran out of room.

It seems more like a asshole prank kinda thing than a "real" theft

That really sucks man :-/ but it could have been much much worse from the sounds of it.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 08:29:16 PM »

Make sure to check the closest flea market for the discount NES and 26 games. 

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 08:51:07 PM »

That really sucks man :-/ but it could have been much much worse from the sounds of it.
Could've been far worse, I'm sure; not sure what exactly they would have done, though. Beyond the TV, anything of any value is in the other house. Besides, you know, sentimental value.

I thought about that. But what would I do while there? "Say, you wouldn't happen to have a Roland piano would you? Or maybe a (insert brand) vaccum? What's that? 'Yes'? Guess what? THOSE ARE MINE PUNK." Tongue
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:09:20 AM »

Alternatively titled, "I'm the victim of theft".
Then we find out that they took our vaccum cleaner. Yes, our vaccum cleaner. You think they could have at least used it to clean up the mud they tracked through the house first. Angry

I guess they needed it to clean up there trail out of your house.  People who do this are the scum of the earth.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 10:43:48 AM »

If you find the people make sure to kill them.

When my apartment was robbed one of the thing they took was a 1/2 a bottle of vodka out of my freezer.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 04:29:25 AM »

Could've been far worse, I'm sure; not sure what exactly they would have done, though. Beyond the TV, anything of any value is in the other house. Besides, you know, sentimental value.

I thought about that. But what would I do while there? "Say, you wouldn't happen to have a Roland piano would you? Or maybe a (insert brand) vaccum? What's that? 'Yes'? Guess what? THOSE ARE MINE PUNK." Tongue

Find a cop.

Alternatively eat their souls.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »

Find a cop.

Alternatively eat their souls.
Let the soul-eating commence.

But yeah, the police apparently came here while I was out at around midnight (my mom handled it). They used fingerprint dust. Incredibly hard to remove fingerprint dust. It's not embedded or anything, it's just... It smears rather than comes off. And now it's all in the carpet.
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:31 PM »

they will get what's coming to them.....

either that, or i hope they get hit by a mac truck and die.....

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 12:17:34 AM »

Wait, so is the mack truck coming to get them or what?

When shall his new form be revealed?
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 06:19:25 AM »

Wait, so is the mack truck coming to get them or what?

hopefully

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length