RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:52:42 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Any Vectrex fans around? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Any Vectrex fans around?  (Read 3577 times)
MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 08:59:51 AM »

Since starting this thread, I've actually bought my second system.  Got it on Craigslist with a few games I needed.  Great little system with a small library, doesn't seem too hard to complete with the exception of Mr. Boston.  Nice to see you on these boards Dusk, didn't know you were posting here.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 10:36:51 AM »

Was Mr. Boston even a regular release? Wasn't that a promo game?

MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 03:44:46 PM »

Yeah, but it has ROMs in it, not Eproms, so many consider it a part of the set.  3 have been found, 1 complete if I am not mistaken.  Its basically just clean sweep with a Mr. Boston logo.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 04:12:09 PM »

To me it is a promo so I wouldn't count it. Thats my 2 cents.

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 07:02:59 PM »

This was/is a great system and very advanced, technology wise, for it's time.  I definitely recommend Fortress of Narzod - best game for the vectrex IMHO.

MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »

This was/is a great system and very advanced, technology wise, for it's time.  I definitely recommend Fortress of Narzod - best game for the vectrex IMHO.

Easily my favorite right now as well.  You play as a wizard on a hover craft, I mean, how do you top that?

EDIT:  For those of you who don't have a Vectrex but want to try out some of these games, download the ROMs.  This is the only system I know of where the company who owns the rights to the games have made them free public domain, meaning it is 100% perfectly legal to own the ROMs.  Pretty cool stuff.  I'm usually anti-emulation but I can support anything thats free AND legal.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:04:50 AM by MrMark0673 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length