RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:26:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Any Vectrex fans around? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Any Vectrex fans around?  (Read 3576 times)
MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« on: March 25, 2007, 10:32:35 AM »

I never played one until last night, and I have to say that I am very impressed with the machine.  I got a system with 2 controllers, Heads Up Soccer, Armor Attack and Star Trek for $100 and could not be happier.  I also just found out that the company behind Vectrex has made all of their ROMs public domain, so it is perfectly legal to download some games onto a flash cart for play with the system.  I was just wondering what the rest of you thought of the system, or if many of you own or have played one.
DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 05:54:45 PM »

I'd love to have one :-(
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:55:12 AM »

I have one and have played it a few times. It is a really fun little system.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »

I've still not found one. I know I could get one anytime I want from eBay but I don't want to deprive myself of the rush I'm going to get when I one day stumble on one on a dusty thrift store shelf.

Nice score by the way and a hell of a price too.

MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:10:11 PM »

I've still not found one. I know I could get one anytime I want from eBay but I don't want to deprive myself of the rush I'm going to get when I one day stumble on one on a dusty thrift store shelf.

Nice score by the way and a hell of a price too.

It was at a vintage video game store by me in Framingham, I used to live right down the street to it my senior year of college.  I always wanted to grab it and finally I asked about it this last week.  The guy said he just wanted to move it because most people didn't even know what it was let alone want to drop $150 on it, he said I could take the bundle for $100 even.  If you do happen to stumble across one, I really think you should grab it.  Lots of fun and really impressive graphics from a machine made in the early 80's.  I'll see if I can take some pics of the lot later tonight, it was covered with stickers that came right off with a little goo gone and elbow grease, looks very nice now.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 09:54:03 AM »

that is great. it never hurts to ask.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 11:46:37 AM »

I've been looking for one since Cinci Classic last year and I still haven't found one.  I've been looking on Ebay, but the shipping prices are a pain.  Hopefully Cinci Classic will happen again this year and I can pick one up there.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 01:23:48 PM »

Used to play one when I was younger, and I remember it being a blast. I'll pick one up one of these days.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »

Nice!!  I really want one so I can play the games I scored a year or so ago.  I picked up 7 CIB Vectrex games for like $3 each from a local thrift.  When I found them on the  shelf I made a couple of employee's check the back room to make sure the system wasn't siting there waiting to be brought out but no such luck.  Some day!!  I'm glad you are enjoying yours.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
MrMark0673
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 09:41:57 AM »

Its a lot of fun, I just need to grab a flash cart or buy some home brew stuff and I'll be set for a while.
Jubal
Tiger Gizmondo

United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 01:04:27 AM »

I got one in trade with 6 games and a wonky controller

I spent months looking for a controller, ebay etc... they just go for too much

just a couple of weeks ago I got up the gumption to use a hair dryer on the label of the controller to get at the screws to clean the contacts inside

the controller works perfect now, but the label shows signs of having been peeled, oh well heh

solar quest has me totally addicted

I will be getting a flash cart as my next vectrex purchase...

I keep telling myself I will make a lightpen after that, but I dont even own a soldering iron yet =)

so yea, I like the vectrex

-Jubal-
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 08:42:05 AM »

Nice work on fixing the controller.

bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 09:06:34 AM »

Let's see non-working controller with a good label or a working controller with a so-so label?  You made the right choice for sure!!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=bum-man[/img]
I need more room for all my $#!%
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 03:36:19 PM »

I have one, they are pretty awesome. It is always set up and everyone who comes over asks about it. I wanted one for a few years, one day I went into a  pawn shop and asked if they had any "old weird video game stuff" at first the guys said "no" but then remembered  he had something in the back...

I have pictures up in my collection.
Dusk2600
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 10:51:54 PM »

killer system, 1 of my favorites, very obsecure and cool, great conversation starter Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length