RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:26:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Should I keep or should I sell 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Should I keep or should I sell  (Read 1052 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: September 13, 2004, 10:12:50 PM »

Last week I came across a couple of boxes in the basement that had a bunch of games for the Apple IIe.  Most of them are complete.  I also found a complete Apple IIe computer (with a disk drive and printer and all that).  I was kind of wondering if you guys think I should keep them or try to sell them off.  I don't have too much intrest in Apple games, yet I feel like getting rid of them would be a bad idea.  Any comments are appreciated.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 12:00:08 AM »

I'd sell them and buy games you ARE interested in. Unless you've got an unlimited budget, it's silly to keep games like that.  

Besides, if they aren't valuable now, they probably never will be. So waiting to sell won't make you richer and richer.
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 12:36:52 AM »

If you have a soft spot for it or are attached to it in any way don't sell. You'll just regret it and kick yourself in the ass later.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2004, 06:38:41 PM »

I personally would not sell them, no matter if I would ever play them or not.  Silly?  Yes.  That's why I'm a video game collector, though.  I just get really, really attached to my games.  For me, there's something about finding games out in "the wild" that most people didn't.  Sure, you can sell them on eBay, but I doubt you'll get much for them.  I'd end up seeing that money go away in a few days anyway, so what's the point?  I'm so broke that the money wouldn't go back to games, so I'd just feel like I flushed them down the toilet.  That's just me though.  Mark's point is a good one if you're not a freak like me.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length