RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:49:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Silent Hill 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Silent Hill 4  (Read 2071 times)
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« on: September 15, 2004, 12:17:39 PM »

OK, so last night I finally broke down at midnight and went and bought this game.  One of my friends called me up to tell me how sweet the game was and that did it for me.

I was up until 6 in the morning last night playing it, and I have to say that so far I am pretty disappointed.  I haven't come across a single puzzle yet, the game is much to easy, and there really aren't as many jump out of your seat moments as in games past.

That being said, it is still a damn fine game.  It doesn't measure up to previous games in the series, but it definatley is worthy of a play thru.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2004, 06:41:19 PM »

I still have yet to play ANY of the Silent Hill games.  Would it be a mistake for me to start in the middle of the series?  Any suggestions on the best one?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 05:45:25 AM »

I've played 1 and 2. They both were pretty cool, but not worth the 60 euros they ask for it. I might check out part 4 if it's for sale for 20 bucks.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 09:17:45 AM »

I think 1 and 2 only go for like $10-$20 here, but I could be wrong.  I may pick one or both of them up one of these days.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 07:48:25 AM »

You should definatley start at the begining of the series.  The only games that have connecting story lines is 1 and 3, but you will have a better appreciation of the series if you start from the begining.  That and part 2 is one of my favorite games of all time.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 11:49:12 AM »

The October issue of Tips and Tricks has a walkthru for Silent Hill 4 and it looks and sounds awesome. I am definately going to pick up a copy when is the only question.

Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 07:42:13 AM »

Well, I'm near the end of the game now and God Damn did they jump up the difficulty.  Not only that, but since it is harder, it has gotten scarier too.  It looks like it may surpass the rating of 8 I initially gave it.
retrogamerGeoff
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 11:57:45 AM »

I've been playing Silent Hill 4 myself and the one thing I've found which is annoying is the unkillable bad guys. The ones that come out of the walls.

Also there isn't really any need to play the Silent Hill games in any order. As long as you remember when you play Silent Hill 3 that it's set after Silent Hill 1 (well duh!).

Geoff

Geoff
Reliving my days of owning a Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore Amiga. Also enjoying my PC, XBox and Playstation 2.
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 12:25:23 PM »

I've been playing Silent Hill 4 myself and the one thing I've found which is annoying is the unkillable bad guys. The ones that come out of the walls.

Yeah, that is annoying as all fuck.  I don't know how far you arwe, but just wait until you have three or four of them in one tiny ass area.  
retrogamerGeoff
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 02:03:54 AM »

Yeah, that is annoying as all fuck.  I don't know how far you arwe, but just wait until you have three or four of them in one tiny ass area.  

Been there, done that. T-shirt on order. I'll admit I'm not very far into the game though. (SPOILER WARNING..... game details mentioned.) I'm at the cult building trying to find a way in - it's got something to do with the graveyard. Although there are a few things I've found which at the moment have no resolution.

I got a temptation door plate and found a train looking for a lever. Also I see an alcove beyond the train with no apparent way to get through (although I do think the last two are connected). I'm not going to start looking for walkthroughs though until I'm ready to throw the controller through a window. All I want to know really is should I have already gone there?

Geoff
Reliving my days of owning a Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore Amiga. Also enjoying my PC, XBox and Playstation 2.
Sauza12
DB Contributor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 07:34:27 AM »

No, your right on track so far.  I spent a little time with the train too before I finally gave up.  Eventually you will find the train lever and everything will work out for you.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length