RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:52:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | The "Show Us You Love RF Generation Contest" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: The "Show Us You Love RF Generation Contest"  (Read 19003 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: April 27, 2007, 05:50:20 PM »

The Show Us You Love RF Generation Contest!

WIN COOL PRIZES!  BE THE ENVY OF YOUR FRIENDS!  USE YOUR CREATIVE GENIUS!  HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!*

A third birthday, and with that another contest where you, our members, can win some nice swag! That's right, it is the "Show Us You Love RF Generation Contest". You may be wondering where the heck the Photoshop contest is. Well if you are, the answer is not everyone can do photoshop, so here is a slightly different contest. Last year's finalists  can be viewed here and the first contest's finalists are seen here.

Starting today, April 28, 2007, the third contest at RF Generation is officially open.  Should you win, you will be the lucky recipient of a magazine subscription** and a game of your choice.***

The theme of this contest is "Show Us You Love RF Generation". The objective is to submit something that shows how much you love RF Generation.  This submission can be pretty much anything, but needs to be safe for work. As to what it is, that is for you to decide. Songs, Photoshops, Stories, Posters, Clothing Designs, etc... what ever you think will get you the win is acceptable. Just shoot to win, and you won't have to worry about what you should submit.

Your entry can be funny, serious, heartbreaking, or if you are as monotone as myself, you could make it black and white.  Just be creative and have FUN.  Besides, there's FREE STUFF.

Final entries should be e-mailed as an attachment to dmurnan@rfgeneration.com by June 1, 2007, at 12:00 AM EASTERN DAYLIGHT (UTC-4).  That means the night of May 31th.  You'll have to do conversions to your time zone on your own.  Be sure to include your board username and a title for your entry in your e-mail. You may enter as many times as you like, however only one image from each member can be a finalist.  You may also post your entries AS ATTACHMENTS in this thread.  Again, post a title for each entry.  In order to be considered for the contest, your entry must be either A.) e-mailed to dmurnan@rfgeneration.com or B.) posted in this thread as an attachment.  Images hosted on other sites will not be considered.  Staff and user submissions are both acceptable, but staff members are not elligible to win unless less than 5 people make a submission.  It'll just be more fun if we get more entries.

On June 1st or 2nd, the staff will privately select five finalists.*****  We will then open a public poll on the boards containing each of the five finalist images, along with corresponding usernames and titles.  You, the members of the board, and us, the staff of RF Generation, will then vote on a winner.  After one week, the person who receives the most votes will be declared the winner and arrangements for the prize will be made.****

IT BEGINS NOW!

*Cake not supplied by RF Generation, though its staff and contributers will help you eat it.
**Subcription for one year only, not to exceed US$25. Subscription must be for a gaming magazine.
***This offer stands for U.S. and Canadian entries only.  Worldwide entries are welcome, and should a worldwide entry win, we will try in every way to get that person a fabulous and wonderful prize chosen especially for them. The price of the game is not to exceed $40 dollars.
****In the unlikely event of a tie, a runoff vote will occur. The entries involved in the tie will be voted on again, and hopefully after the second round of voting we will have a winner. If there still is not a winner, we will use a random number generator to determine the winner, after all, we are not the Vatican and we do not want the voting process to go on for months.
*****RF Generation reserves the right to not select any finalists if it is clear that a submission is made just to be a singlular entry, which would guarantee a win.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 11:44:08 AM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 08:43:01 AM »

: D

: D

Is this topic also the discussion topic or is it entries-only?
I gotta come up with something.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 07:52:57 PM »

It's both.

Hello World.
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 11:03:07 PM »

im not gonna brag but i think ive come up with the best submission possible. you will have to wait and see til i enter it. but i assure you it will be cool.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 12:43:16 PM »

If it is the one he told me it will indeed be awesome!

TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 12:46:38 PM »

oh yeah. its the one i told you.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 04:40:12 PM »

im not gonna brag but i think ive come up with the best submission possible.
Ah, but you don't know what MY submission idea is. Wink
I better get to work on it. :O
James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 04:42:43 PM »

No one knows what my idea is. Not even me.  ninja

A couple of years ago I could have easily whipped something up in photoshop but I've lost all my creativity recently.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »

No one knows what my idea is. Not even me.  ninja

A couple of years ago I could have easily whipped something up in photoshop but I've lost all my creativity recently.

Get working on it then man!

ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 08:21:59 PM »

does stuff count as a gaming magazine?
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 12:56:27 AM »

Here is my first entry.

* RF Generation by UNFORGIVINGPAIN.JPG (258.69 KB, 1822x579 - viewed 672 times.)
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 02:25:25 AM »

I like it! Great job. YOU'RE WINNER!

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:50 AM »

I like it! Great job. YOU'RE WINNER!
Thanks, but I need others to enter this contest too.

RF Generation reserves the right to not select any finalists if it is clear that a submission is made just to be a singular entry, which would guarantee a win.

So if you are reading this post you need to start working on your contest entry. You have until the night of May 31th. So go do that now.
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 11:29:20 AM »

You Don't Have to worry about that clause, that was intended in case someone at the end submitted a blank entry.

Hello World.
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 11:32:52 AM »

You Don't Have to worry about that clause, that was intended in case someone at the end submitted a blank entry.
Sweet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length