RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:03:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | My parents just don't listen... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My parents just don't listen...  (Read 1383 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: September 22, 2004, 05:16:24 PM »

My mom told me earlier today that she passed up a NES+games, N64+ games, Genesis+games and GameGear with approx. 20 games and carrying case.
Totaled it woulda cost her around 50 bucks. I have told her many times to pick me up anything she sees and i will reemburse(is that spelled right???) her.
Earlier this week my dad told me he passed up an NES with a bunch of games he saw getting ready to be thrown out when he was on a job site.
I thought i had done a good job of drilling into thier heads to pick me up ANYTHING they find, but i guess i was wrong.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 09:01:11 PM »

Your parents hate you. Join a suicide cult.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 11:00:39 PM »

I'd better be careful, parents have the tendency to buy the totally wrong things, even when instructed properly. You might end up with 10 copies of madden 99 for a 100 bucks.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 03:19:13 AM »

I told my mom that if i go try to buy all the stuff she described in the store than it would be 100+bucks then sowed her my colection and she realized i didnt have most of the stuff she said was there she said i will go back out tomorrow (today) and see if they still have it. If it is still there it wis going to cost my 20 bucks.

My mom knows not to buy sports games so thats not a problem. I dont know why but she has passed them up told me she did so and i praised her for it. So i know im not getting any sporst games unless they come heaped in this group.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 08:08:19 AM »

Yeah, I've enlisted my mom as well.  She goes to a lot of garage sales and flea markets and the like.  I have her buy any Genesis/NES/Whatever else that she recognizes that is on sale for under $5.  I have her call me if iot is either over $5 or if she thinks it looks like a video game.  So far she has done pretty good.  She's got about 10 genesis games and a system for around $10.

I also give her a 10% finders fee for anything she finds.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 12:42:10 PM »

Good news my mom took the 20 bucks i left. That means she went back out to grab it for me...if its there...
Man do i hope its thier i havent got any new gaming stuff since the 9th. I am starting to go into withdrawl
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 01:52:05 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 01:26:30 PM »

I just realized that there was a NES Advantage sitting on my bed. It had a 3 dollar price tag on it. So that means i am still out 17 bucks so i hope my mom got more and neclegted to bring it in the house and it is still with her in the car.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 07:51:53 AM »

heh, your mom jacked your cash.  I don't know why but that popped into my head and made me laugh.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 11:54:53 AM »

No i got my $$$ back this morning All ones though. I shoulda played some BlackJack at school. j/k they only play dice in school.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length