RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:52:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | New Commercial Dreamcast Game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Commercial Dreamcast Game  (Read 1276 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: September 24, 2004, 10:24:28 PM »

Apparently there will be a new commercial Dreamcast game released in Japan this December.  According to Consolevision, the title is Chaos Field, which is a port of an arcade game.  They also mentioned that it will be released on Gamecube in 2005.  Looks kinda cool, actually.  There are some videos here:

http://www.mile-stone.co..../product/chaos_movie.html

One thing that was kinda confusing to me was the second video shows what looks like a tutorial.  There is a joystick shown with an A, B, and C button.  I'm guessing that this is for the arcade cabinet, and the Dreamcast port will be slightly different....  but I can't read the page to confirm that.

Oh, and here's the quote from Consolevision:

It simply won't die - at the Tokyo Game Show 2004 a new shoot 'em up will be annouced for the Dreamcast. This time it's a port of the arcade 2D shooter "Chaos Field" which uses a Sega NAOMI system. The Japanese developers behind this title are Able and Milestone.

Chaos Field for Dreamcast will be available in December 2004, in February 2005 a GameCube port will follow as well.

You can find the official website, screenshots and videos here: http://www.mile-stone.co.jp/product/

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 07:48:17 AM »

i love it!
the dreamcast will out live the 'cube, ps2 and box.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 07:50:43 AM »

In japan at least. I wish Sega coulda supported DC longer.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 08:51:39 AM »

It truly was a great system.  I dunno if it'll outlast PS2, but in terms of homebrew software, I bet it will definitely have new releases for much longer than at least GameCube, and maaaaaybe X-Box.

Just this year, a bunch of new homebrew games came out for DC, not to mention the WonderSwan, Neo Geo, Neo Geo CD, C64, and other emulators that got releases in '04.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 08:52:31 AM by admin » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length