RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:50:05 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Do you exercise/workout? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Poll
Question: Do you exercise/workout?
Yes, weight training only.
Yes, cardio only.
Yes, weight training and cardio.
No, I have better things to do with my time.
No, but I should.
Other, something not listed above.

Author Topic: Do you exercise/workout?  (Read 35471 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2009, 12:21:09 AM »

I have lost 10 pounds in the in the last couple weeks and 4 of those since last Wednesday. I skated (roller blades) for the first time in forever today. Went 2.5 miles then I rode a bike for 2.5 miles.

atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2009, 05:09:44 AM »

I have lost 10 pounds in the in the last couple weeks and 4 of those since last Wednesday. I skated (roller blades) for the first time in forever today. Went 2.5 miles then I rode a bike for 2.5 miles.

Way to go man! It feels good doesn't it. What is your goal? I know I want to lose another 5 pounds.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2009, 11:42:21 AM »

I really wasnt trying. I have just been so busy. I would like to be around 220.

I roller bladed 2.5 miles last night then rode a bike for 2.5 miles. I love doing both of those.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »

Hey now!

Whatever exercise I'm able to get in usually involves walking, slow jogging, or hiking.

I've considered getting back to my free weights, but a portion of my work involves lifting and carrying fairly heavy crates, and the soreness from that is enough to dissuade me from lifting weights in a recreational manner.
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »

I'm a powerlifter.. My best raw lifts are a 610 squat, 455 bench, and 610 deadlift.  I recently bought gear to move into multi-ply powerlifting.. Try to chase my pro-card.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2013, 09:56:39 PM »

Have you ever played with the grippers from the company Ironmind?
(http://www.ironmind.com/i...Main/captainsofcrush.html)

Just wondering, I have some, I've been trying to be able to close that #3. It's hard.
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2013, 05:45:16 AM »

Yes.. I've closed the 2.5.. Closing the 3 is a serious strength feat!! Good luck! Make sure to video that!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2013, 08:04:54 AM »

Wow. Good job. I try a make people close them all the time, the best I've seen was someone closed my #2. That guy is a pretty big dude.

I can also close the #2.5 repeatedly, I can make it click shut for sets of 5 or 6. That #3 is tough. Within an 1/8th of an inch is the best I've gotten.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »

We bought  a stationary recumbent bike, and I've been riding it for six miles a day, five days a week, for about a year and a half so far.  I only miss due to absence or illness. 

It's also my daily gaming time; pretty much every game I've completed since then has been while biking.  I intend on cranking up the tension at least once a year, and its sat on six of ten for the last year or so. 

I've lost quite a bit of weight, gained muscle tone, and played through more games than any time since high school.  Win Win!

Now I'm intending on adding an additional exercise to the routine every year, starting with some upper-body.

Keelah se'lai
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »

We bought  a stationary recumbent bike, and I've been riding it for six miles a day, five days a week, for about a year and a half so far.  I only miss due to absence or illness. 

It's also my daily gaming time; pretty much every game I've completed since then has been while biking.  I intend on cranking up the tension at least once a year, and its sat on six of ten for the last year or so. 

I've lost quite a bit of weight, gained muscle tone, and played through more games than any time since high school.  Win Win!

Now I'm intending on adding an additional exercise to the routine every year, starting with some upper-body.

This is actually something I intend on doing recently since you mentioned it. I also typically do push-ups/sit-ups/crunches during matchmaking or downtime between matches in Multiplayer games, though since my roommates moved in I've not been doing it (due to having 4-5 people in a room at a time).

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »

I can't recommend it enough.  I tried everything from martial arts to a 24 hour gym, and this is the only routine I've stuck with for more than a year (not counting college PE classes.)  Its also the first workout I've looked forward to daily, because its time I can justifiably carve out to game.  That incentive has been crucial for me to keep with it even on those days I just don't want to work out.  Now my body aches a bit over the weekend when I'm not physically active, and I haven't felt that since weight training in college.

I had to radically change my diet too, due to unsafe cholesterol levels.  Lots of fasting, fresh fruit, and water.  Wouldn't have imagined such changes only a few years ago.

Keelah se'lai
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2013, 01:44:19 PM »

I can't recommend it enough.  I tried everything from martial arts to a 24 hour gym, and this is the only routine I've stuck with for more than a year (not counting college PE classes.)  Its also the first workout I've looked forward to daily, because its time I can justifiably carve out to game.  That incentive has been crucial for me to keep with it even on those days I just don't want to work out.  Now my body aches a bit over the weekend when I'm not physically active, and I haven't felt that since weight training in college.

I had to radically change my diet too, due to unsafe cholesterol levels.  Lots of fasting, fresh fruit, and water.  Wouldn't have imagined such changes only a few years ago.

So you just pedal with a controller in hand?

When shall his new form be revealed?
smith45885
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »

Wow. Good job. I try a make people close them all the time, the best I've seen was someone closed my #2. That guy is a pretty big dude.

I can also close the #2.5 repeatedly, I can make it click shut for sets of 5 or 6. That #3 is tough. Within an 1/8th of an inch is the best I've gotten.
One of the guys at our gym is certified CoC#3.. He's also completed the "Crushed to Dust" challenge.  He was invited out to Cali for a grip competition competed well.  We mess around with grip stuff on occasion.  It's fun and breaks up the stale stuff.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:59 AM »

Yeah, that's the beauty of a recumbent bike.  I can sit slightly reclined, holding a controller while pedaling.  Of course it isn't as good of a workout as, say, an elliptical.  But then it's the only daily routine I've actually wanted to keep doing after the first year, and its certainly gotten results in weight loss and building muscle. 

Incidentally,  I just cranked the tension up to 7/10 yesterday.  Didn't feel the ache until a few hours later, unless it was there and I was just really into Dead Space 2. Cheesy

Keelah se'lai
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »

Yeah, that's the beauty of a recumbent bike.  I can sit slightly reclined, holding a controller while pedaling.  Of course it isn't as good of a workout as, say, an elliptical.  But then it's the only daily routine I've actually wanted to keep doing after the first year, and its certainly gotten results in weight loss and building muscle. 

Incidentally,  I just cranked the tension up to 7/10 yesterday.  Didn't feel the ache until a few hours later, unless it was there and I was just really into Dead Space 2. Cheesy

That's awesome. I used to do push ups and sit ups while waiting on wipes while raiding in WoW, but that's taking it to an amazing level.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length