RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:22:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Game spin offs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Game spin offs  (Read 1188 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: September 26, 2004, 01:26:11 PM »

Izret's topic got me thinking, what would be a cool game spin off? It seems quite popular with tv shows, so why not with games? I can think of a few good spin offs, like legacy of kain: Soul Reaver and Knuckles chaotix. But what spin offs would you like to see?

I'd love to see a fighting game based on Shenmue. It would be awesome to beat lan di's ass over and over again, or that old bastard in the garden that makes you punch trees.
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 02:04:28 PM »

I would love to see a spin-off of Metal Gear Solid 2 in which you get to play as Snake through the entire game. It would be the same story, but you get to see it all from Snake's perspective. Snake has all of the fun in MGS2 (he kills a few of the bosses) and you just get to watch, because you're Raiden. Raiden still pisses me off. He's a fairy.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »

I agree with Leon here, Raiden sucks, I wanted more Snake in MGS2.

Its not really a spinoff, but i would like to see a Metroid game in 2d for gamecube. 2d games on newer consoles rock because of their great special effects and excellent sound. No polygons allowed.
"Super Metroid Cubed", complete with new areas and plot points.

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 07:32:02 PM »

I would love to see this done with fighters like Mortal Kombat...o wait that happened with the MK Deceptions LE versions.
I dont know how good this would be but i want to see a spin off of F Zero. One where Captain Falcon is actually being a bounty hunter.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 07:32:32 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2004, 04:54:11 PM »

I think it would be interesting if they took the Halo games and tried making a set of side story games.
This could turn out badly(Mortal Kombat Mythologies) or it could turn out to be pretty cool.
Like if you could choose sides and play as eith the Covenant or Earth Forces (Not just Master Chief).
It could add a whole new depth to the series. Or it could be the bane of Halo's existance.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 04:54:32 PM by IZRET101 » Logged

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 12:52:52 AM »

I'd like to see a Namco Tales fighting game. The Linear Motion battle system is fucking sweet and so are the characters and their techs.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length