RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:26:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War  (Read 1393 times)
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« on: September 27, 2004, 06:26:47 PM »

This game is awesome. I was just playing the demo and I'm really tempted to go out and buy the game now. It's like a cross between Warcraft 3 and Starcraft, but at a much faster pace than both of them. It concentrates much more on the actual combat and very little on collecting resources and building units. You can amass a huge army very quickly, and from then on it's all about positioning. You have to take high ground and take cover and use vehicles to support your infantry. This game is all about real battlefield strategy instead of just being a race to see who can build more soldiers faster. It's also absolutely gorgeous. The graphics are far superior to Warcraft 3. If you guys want to check it out, download the demo here:
http://www.3dgamers.com/games/wh40kdawnwar/ You had better have broadband.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 06:43:15 PM »

Sounds sweet.  That's one thing that I always wanted out of a game was something that you really have to use strategy without micromanaging every aspect of the battle (see Warcraft).  I might have to pick this up.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004, 07:13:27 PM »

It does look really good. I would say i will pick up a copy but i almost never do when i say that.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 12:22:37 PM »

Well, Mr. John Kerry Fan here made me play this game last night, and it is definitely sweet.  I got my ass handed to me by the computer, but hey, I would expect that in a game like this on the first try.  The way the environment actually positively or negatively affects your troops is pretty cool.  I also liked how morale can go up and down depending on how you play and what weapons your enemy is using.  Great graphics were icing on the cake.  I think I'll have to play this a little more in the future.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 12:57:57 PM »

Wow sounds pretty cool. Its sounds like a more indepth Command & Conquer.

Note
I love John Kerry's last name was The_Evil_Leon hence John Kerry is Evil.

Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 03:17:24 PM »

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=off;action=display;num=1086697910]This Thread[/link] by Nepenthean.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 03:34:46 PM by admin » Logged

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length