RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:28:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 7/15/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Who had the best showing at E3?
Sony   -3 (27.3%)
Microsoft   -4 (36.4%)
Nintendo   -4 (36.4%)
Total Voters: 10

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 7/15/07  (Read 2669 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:19:02 AM »

Which of the big 3 had the best showing at E3?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »

I didn't see Sony's. I watched almost all of Microsoft's and that was good. Nintendo's was putting me to sleep.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 11:44:21 PM »

Sony and Microsoft were about even.

Nintendo really didn't give much in the way of new games for the hardcore gamer. I saw the interview with Reggie and he's restating what we already know...Metroid 3, SSBB, etc. are for more hardcore gamers, but said nothing about any new IPs.

Sony at least has some games coming this year in Killzone 2, Drake's Fortune, and Heavenly Sword. And Microsoft has Bioshock, Halo 3, and Mass Effect. Both consoles are getting Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, GTA 4, and Mercenaries 2. I only give MS the slight edge because their games are of more interest to me and Sony is still in "catch up" mode, but they did do better than Nintendo, and the price drop to $499 did help their cause at E3.

Nintendo needs some new IPs. Granted, they're getting a new "blob"-type game that looks pretty creative, which is a step in the right direction. However, they need more if they're going to expect to sustain the momemtum that they have built up.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »

Nintendo needs some new IPs. Granted, they're getting a new "blob"-type game that looks pretty creative, which is a step in the right direction. However, they need more if they're going to expect to sustain the momemtum that they have built up.
Actually, The Blob is an indie game that was made by some students in the Netherlands for a school project. The game has won some awards in the indie gaming scene, and was eventually bought by THQ and is being ported to Wii, most likely with some new levels.

The original project is available for download here: http://www.gamedev.net/co...orum_id=6&gforum_id=0

My award for best E3 show goes to Sony, mainly because we got to see a new MGS4 trailer.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 08:44:32 AM by Tondog » Logged

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 02:26:50 PM »

I am shocked Phoenix went with Microsoft and Tondog went with Sony.  laugh laugh laugh laugh

It is good that you guys did because if Phoenix went with Sony and Tondog went with Microsoft I think the world would of blown up.  Tongue

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »

^ That would be one of the signs of the Apocalypse for sure... Cool

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »

That would have been hilarious though.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length