RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:16:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | RFGen fantasy football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print
Author Topic: RFGen fantasy football  (Read 28724 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2004, 10:22:54 AM »

Vanderjagt was definitely just as important for his team this week, but that would have definitely sucked as far as a fantasy team goes.  Both are great kickers, though.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2004, 08:24:59 AM »

does that christy girl even check who she is starting?  4 players this week arent playing on her team and thats cause 3 of them have a bye.  but thanks to her i'm not in last place. Wink
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2004, 09:12:30 AM »

It seems to depend on the week.  Last week she did a bunch of research and changed her lineup around a lot.  She actually did pretty well last week.  But, this week (and some others too), she just forgets to check.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2004, 07:00:38 PM »

Ouch.  I had Farve and Bettis on my bench this week.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2004, 04:30:48 AM »

6-0! I hung on for a 5 point win this week. woo hoo!

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2004, 08:58:15 AM »

Damn you.  |D
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2004, 06:46:20 AM »

I think my streak ends this week. Nep's lineup looks pretty imposing.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2004, 08:03:04 AM »

Shit.  I'm up against you?  Agh.  Question for everyone except Den:  Do I put Roethlisberger (up against the all-star Bengals crew.  HA.) or Farve (against Houston) in alongside Manning?  Farve has been scoring more per week than Roethlisberger the last few games, but this week Ben is up against the Bengals.  I'm leaning towards Farve, but I think Ben might have the biggest game of his short NFL career this Sunday.  Decisions, decisions.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2004, 05:27:20 AM »

seriously?  you have to ask?  Favre... houston is aweful.  the bengals lead the league in takeways.  i score just as many points off the bengals defense as you do with the ravens defense.  

if you start manning and favre i expect Den's streak to be broken.  

plus Ben only throws an average of like 20 times a game.  from what i've been reading lately the steelers are looking a little banged up right now.  tory james leads the NFL with interceptions too.  start favre.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2004, 07:38:20 AM »

Yeah, good point.  In spite of how awful the Bengals are at a little thing called tackling, they do have a LOT of interceptions, namely from James and O'Neil.  If Ben throws nine touchdowns, though, Rick, I blame you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 07:46:38 AM by admin » Logged

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2004, 07:44:19 AM »

lol
you can blame me and i will try to get your points back.  i just want to see Den go down.  
and you have the best shot at it, i think.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #116 on: November 23, 2004, 01:56:16 PM »

i just want to see Den go down.

pervert!

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2004, 11:39:42 PM »

How do you lose a fantasy game when your QB throws for six touchdowns in a single game?  Your opponent has two of said QB's receivers.

P.S.  What is the purpose of players that can't be dropped?  Jamal Lewis has done jack crap for my team all year.  First he had a bye, then he was suspended for being a moron, then he got injured.  I just want to get rid of him but Yahoo won't let me.  Anyone know what the logic in this rule is?

Two of my receivers (Horn and Jackson) are injured but playing, and with Staley probably coming back this week, I won't be getting as many points (if any) from Bettis.  So, that spot on the roster is a big one.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 11:46:25 PM by admin » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2004, 07:36:55 AM »

the purpose of the "can't cut" list is so teams with poor records can't just dump their star players allowing teams still in contention to load up. most leagues have a trade review as well so a Priest Holmes for Artose Pinner trade can't happen.

the logic behind who's on the "can't cut" list is sometimes baffling though. in this case Jamal Lewis is consistently ranked as a top 10 fantasy running back but the circumstances of this season should drop his value and allow him to be cut. but apparently that's not the case.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2004, 03:47:13 PM »

Got ya.  The logic makes a lot more sense now though.  I guess they just haven't gotten it perfect yet.  Thanks for the explanation.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length