RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:46:37 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | MK Deception 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: MK Deception  (Read 10847 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004, 09:32:12 PM »

Right now i am folding it up and searching for Deception stuff. I hope VGC has some because i havent seen anything really besides posters with the release date on it.(The old release date the 6th)

Which reminds me MK DECEPTION has been available for 30 minutes exactly!!!

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2004, 09:34:33 PM »

MK rocks.  Of course Deception will be awesome.  Hasn't been a good MK since 2.  I'm eager.

OD

What about Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero?  That game rocked.

Oh, and IceBlade - the Oroku Saki comment had me laughing pretty hard.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2004, 09:35:53 PM »

not really they just ship today if im not mistaken, the stores wont stock them right away usually.

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2004, 09:35:53 PM »

Are you trying to insult the greatness of SubZero's special game?
I cant tell because there was no obvious sarcasm and tons of people say it sucked. I do not on the other hand.

danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2004, 09:37:15 PM »

sub-zero is... cool....

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2004, 10:12:19 PM »

I do aim to please.

Sorry, Iz, Just picking.
I do however agree with the comment about 2 being the last good one. MK3 had a friggin run button for christsake.
Even if they are just trying to make him look more the part of whatever the crap he is, he still looks exactly and utterly like an already well established character in nerd culture, which seems like a big deal but you dont see any of the gaming magazines mentioning it for some reason.
Though, if Krang shows up for the party, I'll buy two copies.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2004, 10:30:08 PM »

If Krang shows up, I'll buy ten copies, just because he would have to come all the way from Dimension X.

I too agree that MK2 was the last good Mortal Kombat.  Part of it is simply that way back then, Mortal Kombat was a viable fighting game.  After II, other fighting games started getting this thing called "depth," but the MK series fell way behind.  The last one was a big improvement over MK3 and Trilogy, but even that one was kind of lacking compared to VF4 and Tekken Tag.  Much better than Tekken 4, but that's for another thread.

IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2004, 10:32:29 PM »

My biggest thing about MK2 was that it just had a cool feel, I think. The music and the dark but goofy tone was all right there.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2004, 10:40:15 PM »

MK2 had a very cool feel, I agree.  Mk3 felt kind of cheap (yes, the run button kinda ruined it), and some of the 3D games of today, well.... it's just not the same.  Especially Soul Caliber - the circling and rotating of everything... just about makes me vomit.  Great game though.  I'm hoping Deception is good, even though it's 3D.  I haven't been to Blockbuster yet to pick it up as I've been pretty damn sick for the past week.  Hopefully this weekend.  Is Liu Kang present?

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2004, 03:49:14 PM »

I havent gotten my copy of it yet. I am beggining to get pretty mad :angry:. But i guess its ok because i wouldnt have time to play it now anyways.
I will double check on Lui Kang for you OD I remembered rumors but i dont recall any thing solid on Lui Kang coming back.
What i remember is Rayden got him pardoned for Heavan basically to come back and help fight, it isn't temporary though. I guess it is along the same lines of Johnny Cage coming back.
I think he is coming back again too... (for the 3rd time if he does)

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2004, 03:55:55 PM »

did cage keep on getting killed off or something?
this game does look sweet btw... the last one was pretty good.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2004, 04:19:43 PM »

@Shady Kage was killed then Kahn entered Earth Realm bouncing his sould back to earth during the shift in power. He got killed again later, came back to help Raiden went back to Heaven at the end because he had fulfilled his duty to help Earth.

@ OD I found no info on either Lui Kang or Cage coming back on the official site. So i think them coming back was just fan fiction. But they still might make some random apearance in a CGI or someones bios.

Alot of my other old favorites are back though. Noob Saibot, Smoke(reprogrammed again and after Sub Zero), Kabal(brouht back from the brink of death again this time by an unknown person) and Ermac(human now).
If someone wants to know more specific info or plot lines start another thread and i will answer it there. Plots from the older MK games are coming back again now.

Some of the walpapers for the cooler people.
I already have a Sub-Zero one up else where
http://mortalkombatdecept...oads/MKD_wp10_800x600.jpg Ermac
http://mortalkombatdecept...oads/MKD_wp24_800x600.jpg Noob Saibot & Smoke
http://mortalkombatdecept...oads/MKD_wp21_800x600.jpg Kabal
http://mortalkombatdecept...loads/MKD_wp4_800x600.jpg Scorpion

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2004, 05:43:37 PM »

you forgot Reptile.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2004, 06:03:03 PM »

Is he in this one? I don't remember seeing anything about him in the game. In the RPG style part i saw a screen shot of the old style Reptile (still Ninja)
I dont remember what caused him to deevolve but if he continued to deevolve then he should be almost completely reptilian now.
I think that he was digressing because he had not been in contact with other members of his race and it was making him lose his civilizedness or something like that.

Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2004, 07:26:38 PM »

He is, in the last one he became the Dragon King in Deadly Alliance. I don't remember what caused him to go to his lizard stage, I think that it was just his species that does it as they age but I don't know if that's right or not.  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length