RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:53:58 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | European championship football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: European championship football  (Read 22665 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 08, 2004, 06:42:43 AM »

I know this is a longshot, but is anybody here going to follow the European championship? I'm not that much into football (or soccer, for you yankees), but I will cheer for the Netherlands and even watch the matches. Tuesday the 15th we'll have our first match against our nemesis, Germany.  We'll win with 1-0 Cool
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 08:48:54 AM »

I'll be honest and say that I had no idea this was even going on.  I do hope that the Netherlands wins as well, but only because they are cooler than Germany.  And because Beetlejuice is on the Netherlands' team.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 08:51:27 AM »

I wish soccer (or football for all you silly europeans) was covered more here.  I always liked the sport, but it is never in the spotlight over here.  Only football, basketball and baseball, sometimes hockey.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:54:46 AM »

Even hockey hardly gets any coverage in cities like Cincy.  But, I totally agree.  More coverage of soccer would be a great thing, and it seems to make sense, since it is played by more kids than any other sport in this country.

thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 10:33:38 AM »

One and only time I will mention this.

FFUK

Football Forums UK

www.footballforumuk.com

We are following this, we have a predictio forum, and are having a meet up on July 3rd/4th at my house. You are all welcome. Co-incides with a free 2 day outdoor festival in my home town, Bedford England, the main stage and the beer tent is just yards from my house, and the final match will be live on telly on the afternoon of the 4th Smiley

anyway, my first and last spam at this board.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 10:35:11 AM by thx1138 » Logged

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 10:35:31 AM »

Ha, england. I laugh at you.  The Netherlands will get way further in the tournament than you.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 10:39:53 AM »

Even hockey hardly gets any coverage in cities like Cincy.  

And that is strange considering we have 2 hockey teams here.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 11:47:58 AM »

Soccer/football is a sport that I always liked playing more than watching.  Of course I like to play every sport known to man so......
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 06:42:43 AM »

Ha, england. I laugh at you.  The Netherlands will get way further in the tournament than you.

Well, i'd like you to get through the opening stages, but in my predictions I've placed you third.

I think you will lose to Germany, draw with Czech Republic and beat Latvia. I hope you beat Germany, but I don't think you will.

I predict that England will finish 2nd in our group, losing to France. I don't think that Englad will make it past the semi's (of course every part of me wills them to make the finals!) but I think that France will win the competition.

20 GOTO 10

RUN
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 06:59:23 AM »

I don't think we'll lose from Germany. We haven't been playing well recently, but germany played even worse. Czech Republic is pretty good indeed. I'll be happy if we get into the second round though. I don't really care how we get there.

And France will probably win indeed. Again....
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 07:16:24 AM »

It's funny. As an England fan, it sometimes is more important to beat Germany or for Germany to lose, rather than win a competition.

For instance, I will always support whichever team is playing Germany. The same applies for Argentina. Every fibre of me, wants Argentina to lose every match they play.

20 GOTO 10

RUN
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 07:32:16 AM »

That's not weird at all.  As an Ohio State football fan (American football, now), there is a certain team in Ann Arbor that I don't even say the name of, and no matter who is playing them, I root for that team.  This Ann Arbor team must lose every game, no matter what - even if it means Ohio State ends up having a lower ranking because of it.

So, I can completely understand.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 08:55:44 AM »

there is a certain team in Ann Arbor that I don't even say the name of

Hail to the conquering heroes.....
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2004, 08:57:19 AM »

Just out of curiosity, how would M losing give OSU a lower ranking?

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 09:04:07 AM »

Hey you people, this is about football, if you want to talk about other sports, start your own thread! thieves!

And I love to see both France and Germany fail. In fact, I might even find it more important that france and germany lose, than that the Netherlands win.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length