RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:19:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The Buckeyes are going to beat Michigan tomorrow. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: The Buckeyes are going to beat Michigan tomorrow.  (Read 13187 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 10:50:26 PM »

Purdue may have lost today, but I was still right about the Buckeyes.  That game was an embarrassment to the team, to the coaches, to fans, to the Big Ten, and to everything that is football.  Lydell Ross, the lead running back had 0 yards on 10 carries.  Iowa's fifth-string walk-on had more than that in a single carry.  I could list off about fifty other reasons this team and staff are a disgrace to the Ohio State name, but I don't have the energy to.  You disgust me, Jim Tressel.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004, 10:52:21 PM by admin » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 10:31:39 AM »

Thank goodness they didn't lose to Indiana.  I know it's Indiana we're talking about here, but I  was still happy to finally see the Buckeyes play as if they were a team.  I think it's too early to tell if Smith is going to be any better than Zwick, but he had a heck of a game.  And then there was Antonio Pittman, who I have been asking for all year.  He's just a darn good running back, and a lot better than the senior back, Ross, who had 0 yards on 10 carries last week.  (Yes, really.)

If what the Columbus Dispatch is reporting regarding Ross's suspension is true, he may be off the team for the whole year.  I'm fine with that.  One thing I like about the Ohio State team and coaches (namely Tressel) is that they don't tolerate breaking the rules.  If you break the rules, you take the punishment for it at OSU, unlice a certain University of Cincinnati (and so many other schools).  Supposedly Ross was using fake currency at an adult entertainment club last weekend sometime after the Iowa game.  STUPID.  As a Buckeye fan, I'm glad they suspended him if that's true.  Besides, it gave the freshman Pittman the start, and he's pretty darn good.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 11:25:19 AM »

My reply is GO BLUE!!!!

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 02:21:47 PM »

Oh where oh where has Purdue gone?
There are people who claim to be football players out on the field, but I'm not convinced that they have ever seen a football before.  This has to be the most complete team turn around in history.  We were absolutly dominating in the first 5 games, and then the last three we were absolutely horrible.  The loss to Wisconsin wasn't too bad, they did, afterall, have the #1 defense in the nation.  But then the loss to MIchigan and then Northwestern?!?!?!  How did we lose to Northwestern?  They are the joke of the Big 10!!  They are the smart ones, not the athletic ones.  And we are going to lose to Iowa and possibly OSU too.  We just damn well better beat indiana.  And yes, I no longer put the big 'I' infront of indiana.  I do not like this state.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 08:25:50 PM »

My reply is GO BLUE!!!!

You are a bad man, Tynstar.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2004, 06:42:54 AM »

LOL     |D

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2004, 08:21:46 PM »

You are a bad man, Tynstar.

With a good choice in teams Smiley

Hail to the victors !  Sorry to say , but we are going to win out this season. (and that means beating you guys)  Wink

(I respect Ohio state and expect them to be good real soon) (but I hate you guys)  redvsblue

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2004, 08:31:40 AM »

I'm curious who you were rooting for yesterday then.  Thankfully, the good guys prevailed.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 04:25:25 AM »

I'm curious who you were rooting for yesterday then.  Thankfully, the good guys prevailed.

Thats an easy question. I really didnt root for either team. But if somebody tied me down and told me too. I would have been against you guys. I think when its Ohio state  , we are under contract to root against you Wink

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2004, 05:20:41 AM »

The biggest rivalry game in college football is taking place. Michigan is a better team this year , but Ohio State always plays us tough. Last year I bet one of my P.E. coaches (who is a buckeye fan) that whoever lost had to display a banner in their office for the remainder of the school year. God it felt good to see my huge Wolverines banner hanging in his office king

But seriously though I know the Buckeyes will give us a tough game and possibly even spoil our season. Thats what we always do to each other. :cussing:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 05:21:17 AM by captain_nintendo » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 07:58:15 AM »

All year, I've been very pessimistic about the team, but I think tomorrow they'll get it done.  Being at the Horseshoe and with all of this Maurice Clarett bullshit, and with some guys who played on the Championship team still here (and pissed off after a lousy season), I think they'll win.  It won't be pretty, no matter what happens, but I have confidence in them.  Of course, if they lose, I'll just close this thread to avoid ridicule.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 08:19:09 AM »

"The Buckeyes are going to lose tomorrow.  "

Yes they are!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 08:19:52 AM by tynstar » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004, 08:55:19 AM »

Of course, if they lose, I'll just close this thread to avoid ridicule.

Thats ok , I would just open a "Maze and Blue" thread anyhow Wink

On a side note , our fight song is better than yours  *poke*

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 10:37:04 AM »

"The Buckeyes are going to lose tomorrow.  "

Yes they are!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

If you noticed, I changed the title of this thread before you posted that.  I would've opened a new topic about The Game, but captain nintendo started talking about it in here before I had the chance.

As for the fight song....  Nah, sorry.  And, you really can't deny that our band is the best damn band in the land.  If I remember right, you guys play the horrible Imperial March about ninety thousand times per game along with every other horrible band in the country: Purdue, Wisconsin, etc.  At least at Ohio State, if our football team doesn't produce, we know that we have the best band tradition in the country, second to none.

P.S.  My next door neighbor's husband was band director at Ohio State back in the 60's.  He was responsible for the first alumni band meeting.

Dr. Charles Spohn

http://tbdbitl.osu.edu/history/spohn.htm
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 10:53:04 AM by admin » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 10:57:56 AM »

I didnt say who's band was better. I said our fight song was better. Best in the nation IMO (and alot of people think Michigans fight song rules.

redvsblue

Red vs Blue  ^_^

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length