RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:17:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The Buckeyes are going to beat Michigan tomorrow. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The Buckeyes are going to beat Michigan tomorrow.  (Read 13098 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: October 08, 2004, 02:55:42 PM »

I just want to state, for the record, that I told you so.  I don't want this to happen, but Jim Tressel's coaching style (and Zwick's passing to the other team style) just aren't going to work with this year's OSU team.  Sure, in '02 and even '03, these things would have been okay, because the defense absolutely rocked the pants off of every NCAA offense around.  Not so anymore, Jimmy boy.  If Northwestern can beat you (after not losing to them once in over THIRTY years), you know you've got problems in Buckeye Country.  Right now, I'm not looking for a winning season for this team, but if we can still beat that team from up north, this season will be a success.  Lose to them, though, and there will be big problems.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 07:55:32 AM by admin » Logged

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 04:05:45 PM »

Football in this state is horrible.  The officials in the OSU game were AWFUL.  Ohio State probably would have lost regardless, but the officials made countless bad calls.  Two times OSU recovered fumbles (both were VERY obviously picked up by OSU) and two times the officials gave the ball back to Wisconsin.  There was also a bad call on pass interference against OSU.  Blatantly wrong when you watch the replay.

Like I said, though, OSU probably would have lost anyway.  Justin Zwick is more inaccurate than David Klingler.  The defense played well until the last drive when they gave up, but the numbers look worse because the offense spent so little time on the field.  When the D has to play 75% of the game, there are going to be games lost.  Oh, and what's worse than losing to Northwestern for the first time since 1971?  Watching Northwestern almost lose to INDIANA the following week.

Okay, so Ohio State sucks.  Surely there are other good football programs in this state.  No.  UC lost to ARMY today.  Army was going on a NINETEEN game losing streak.  What the hell is wrong with Ohio football teams?!?!?!!!!

Miami won today, but they played Kent State, so that doesn't count.  They have still sucked ever since Roethlisburger left.

I don't think I even need to mention Ohio's two wonderful NFL teams.  Pshhhh.

Where is Paul Brown when you need him?

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 04:20:50 PM »

Did I mention that Justin Zwick is as inaccurate as David Klingler?

J. Zwick (OSU) 15-31, 119, 0 TD

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 05:10:43 PM »

I'm only replying in this thread, because nobody else will. Which makes me feel sorry for you.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 09:00:51 PM »

Thanks, Mark.  You're a pal.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 05:14:24 AM »

think that tressel will get sacked after this year mike?
2 losses in a row suck for The Ohio State University.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 08:20:03 AM »

If he loses to Michigan and loses his bowl game (he had better get into one), he'll have to start considering alternative job opportunities.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 12:37:44 PM »

I dont want to jinx OSU, but it appears that the Michigan game will be a loss.  Although, I dont know where it is, so I can't comment on the crowd factor.  (If it is up in Michigan, then I would have to say OSU will lose.  If it is in Ohio Stadium, then they have a shot.)  

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 04:27:28 PM »

It's at OSU.  If they can just get the offense in sync with each other, OSU could win every game on their schedule the rest of the year.  If not, they could lose every game on their schedule the rest of the year.

Back to the NFL - Palmer still has time to develop and I think he could be decent, but Roethlisberger has been in the leage for one year less than Palmer, was forced to start early because of injury on the team, and the guy looks like he's a five-year veteran already.  Does anybody see now why I think the Bengals should have gone after him rather than Chris I-like-injuries Perry?

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 04:44:23 PM »

Did I mention that Roethlisberger is better than Palmer?  Because I should have.

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...d=20041010023&prov=ap

Mark my words: Roethlisberger is going to be up there with Joe Namath, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, and John Elway.  Everyone will know his name.  As a Cincinnati fan, I'm supposed to hate the Steelers, but Ben is very quickly making me a fan.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2004, 05:21:01 PM »

he sure did look good today.  
sometimes i wonder if the bengals should have started palmer last year.
i cant believe that we had the first pick in the draft sitting back there all year and kitna was the only QB in the league to play every snap.

these to QB's are going to have a great rivalary in the years to come.  and its possible for each of them to lead their teams to the superbowl in the future.
its going to be fun to watch these 2 throughout their careers.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2004, 06:09:20 PM »

Roethlisberger could do it this year, though.  Palmer has a long way to go if he expects to have a permanent job with the Bengals.  And, he'll never be as good as Ben.  Ever.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2004, 01:50:51 PM »

i'm just going to ignore that claim.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 11:03:33 PM »

They're going to lose to Iowa too.  Don't say I didn't tell you so.  Purdue is going to win the Big Ten, and Orton is going to get the Heisman.  And Roethlisberger is still way better than Palmer.

shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 05:55:03 AM »

i do believe that purdue will win the big ten.  
OSU will win today and they will beat michigan.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length