RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:39:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | 3D0 General inquiries 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 3D0 General inquiries  (Read 2023 times)
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« on: October 22, 2007, 01:51:37 PM »

Sorry if this seems newb as hell, but I have some questions about the 3D0. Basically, I have an opportunity to buy one from a local shop. It is FZ-1 R.E.A.L., with controller, hookups, and 4 games, FIFA International Soccer, Slam & Jam 95, the Star Wars game (not chess) and one other i can't recall right now. IT's marked at $50. Is it worth it? Should I offer to buy for lower? What are the must have games on the 3D0, how hard are they to find, etc any info on this. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, or if there is another thread about this, i searched and couldn't find anything. Thanks a lot!!

Running out of games to buy.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »

I think you'll be disappointed in what you get for your $50. That seems high to me. I did a quick browse of eBay and saw a few (not counting all the defective ones currently listed) that were under $40.

Offer them $30. If they bite then you've got a decent deal.

As for must have games... I don't think there were any. Any of the better titles were also available on other systems. The 3DO library is littered with edutainment and infotainment titles as well as a few movies/cartoons. That said a few that I have and thought were pretty decent are Gridders, the 2 Shockwave games and Strahl.

Tan
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »

3DO had some good titles like the original Need for Speed, Gex, Star Control II, Road Rash, Crash 'n Burn and a few others. I'm also a fan of it's Samurai Shodown port as well.

$50 is a bit much though. If it was CIB with better games it'd be a good deal, especially the shipping from eBay that you'd be saving.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »

Also, you should know that games are VERY tough to find in the wild, at least they are around here.  I've only seen a handful in my few years of garage saling and flea marketing.  Plus, to the untrained eye, they look like a PC game or music CD and often get lumped in with them for sales, so it makes them that much harder to spot. 

Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »

thanks a lot guys, this really helps. I know some of the Gamers stores around here have a stack of games for 3D0, I think i'll check those out, see what looks good, and then offer them $30. It's been in the shop for months, so I think they will do it. Thanks a lot!!

Running out of games to buy.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 09:07:43 AM »

hmmm, if it's been there for months maybe you should offer less first and work your way up to $30. you may get lucky.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 02:37:27 PM »

Man, I thought $50 was a pretty good deal.  I guess I don't know much about it.  I think I got my 3DO with something like 10-12 games for $35 - $50, though.  Like Den said, though, if it has been there a long time offer $20 and work your way up.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 11:35:48 AM »

I probably would buy it for $50, but I tend to overpay for the less than common systems when I find them in the wild.  If you think you can talk them down, then fire away.  It can't hurt to try.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length