RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:21:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 400 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 6  (Read 781914 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5655 on: July 09, 2014, 01:41:31 AM »

[img width=332 height=550]http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m232/Scott_Breaze/WP_20140706_020_zps21084c1d.jpg?t=1404886665[/img]

Back from vacation camping in the Big Horn mountains of northern Wyoming. There is something about leaving stuff like cell phone reception behind, jumping on the four wheeler, and taking off into the wilderness to reflect and find some cool places in the process.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5656 on: July 10, 2014, 12:19:43 AM »

Broke my phone BAD today...
[img width=700 height=933]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q677/izret102/WP_000166_zpsedcc548a.jpg[/img]

Someone suggested replacing the screen myself. It appears that is all that was actually damaged.
Before looking to repair anything i am going to see if i can use a screen protector to cover all the jagged bits since touch functionality is still fully functional.

EDIT
Also it doesn't show as well in the picture, mostly because of flash, but the cracks look like an exploding volcano.
Totally.

Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #5657 on: July 11, 2014, 05:03:20 PM »

i  cracked the glass on my s3 putting some headphones in. just out a screen protector on it and still works all ok

Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5658 on: July 11, 2014, 06:12:23 PM »

Broke my phone BAD today...
[img width=700 height=933]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q677/izret102/WP_000166_zpsedcc548a.jpg[/img]

Someone suggested replacing the screen myself. It appears that is all that was actually damaged.
Before looking to repair anything i am going to see if i can use a screen protector to cover all the jagged bits since touch functionality is still fully functional.

EDIT
Also it doesn't show as well in the picture, mostly because of flash, but the cracks look like an exploding volcano.
Totally.

I knew I shouldn't have sent you that hammer...
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5659 on: July 11, 2014, 06:34:03 PM »

You can totally tell it looks like a volcano. Even with the flash. Pretty cool...at least given the circumstances. I didn't know Nokia did windows phones, how will you continue to whore achievements on the phone now? I remember when my WP7 finally died on me, so many uncompleted games...

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5660 on: July 12, 2014, 12:51:23 AM »

You can totally tell it looks like a volcano. Even with the flash. Pretty cool...at least given the circumstances. I didn't know Nokia did windows phones, how will you continue to whore achievements on the phone now? I remember when my WP7 finally died on me, so many uncompleted games...

Screen protectors.
[img width=700 height=933]http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q677/izret102/WP_000167_zps1a174603.jpg[/img]

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5661 on: July 12, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »

Nice. My son actually bit his Kindle Fire and cracked the top part of the screen. Same idea, just threw a screen protector on there and still plays.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5662 on: July 13, 2014, 11:29:10 AM »

Cataloging my Xbox 360 games finally, and realizing my old roommate took off with some of my games on accident. His fiancee thought it would be a good idea to combine our collections, and now I'm seeing games that we both owned taken or swapped. He has my Borderlands 2 LE (I have his standard), and he has my copies of Army of Two and Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel. Let's find out what else is missing...

EDIT: Missing Dragon Age Origins - Awakening, but fairly certain I sold that to someone here...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 03:19:32 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5663 on: July 17, 2014, 07:37:46 AM »

Does anyone know how to make a BIN actually a BIN on eBay?
I have seen it done on auctions i have bought where you are forced to pay before it registers as purchased.

After getting paid in the final hours of a non paying bidder dispute for a BIN i want to make sure it doesn't take someone 7 days and 22 hours to pay my after BINing an auction if at all possible.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5664 on: July 17, 2014, 09:47:08 AM »

Does anyone know how to make a BIN actually a BIN on eBay?
I have seen it done on auctions i have bought where you are forced to pay before it registers as purchased.

After getting paid in the final hours of a non paying bidder dispute for a BIN i want to make sure it doesn't take someone 7 days and 22 hours to pay my after BINing an auction if at all possible.

On the part of the form where it asks you to put in a starting price, there should be a tab marked "Auction" and "Fixed Price".  If you click on the "Fixed Price" tab, it should only be a BIN, and there should be a checkbox where you can require immediate payment.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #5665 on: July 17, 2014, 11:02:27 AM »

He's talking about a way to get people to pay after clicking "Buy-It-Now" but before the listing officially ends. I wonder if that's an option for sellers above a certain feedback score? Anyway, with the regular method there's nothing stopping anybody from clicking the BIN button and not paying. Its happened to me recently, over $6. Somebody decided to hit BIN, and not pay the $6.

Anyway, I just played around with it and the immediate payment option is in the advanced listing tool and not the basic one. Looks like I'll be switching tools even though I don't list much.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5666 on: July 17, 2014, 11:28:39 AM »

Random, but was looking at GTA: Vice City Stories and noticed the Rating Descriptors weren't filled out for the North American version. It had a rating descriptor I've never seen for ESRB - Sexual Language. I think Rockstar tried to hit every "Sex" rating descriptor they could for Vice City Stories, but failed to get one for Europe. Wink

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5667 on: July 17, 2014, 11:49:25 AM »

He's talking about a way to get people to pay after clicking "Buy-It-Now" but before the listing officially ends. I wonder if that's an option for sellers above a certain feedback score? Anyway, with the regular method there's nothing stopping anybody from clicking the BIN button and not paying. Its happened to me recently, over $6. Somebody decided to hit BIN, and not pay the $6.

Anyway, I just played around with it and the immediate payment option is in the advanced listing tool and not the basic one. Looks like I'll be switching tools even though I don't list much.

The immediate payment option does just that; it won't end the listing until the item is paid for.  If someone clicks the BIN, they have to complete the transaction immediately through paypal because the listing is still active until the buyer completes payment through paypal.  If someone is faster during paypal's checkout, they can buy the listing out from underneath the "first" buyer.  I'm pretty sure that's what you guys are talking about.  But yeah, the advanced listing tool is much more helpful than the basic one.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5668 on: July 17, 2014, 03:20:21 PM »

The immediate payment option does just that; it won't end the listing until the item is paid for.  If someone clicks the BIN, they have to complete the transaction immediately through paypal because the listing is still active until the buyer completes payment through paypal.  If someone is faster during paypal's checkout, they can buy the listing out from underneath the "first" buyer.  I'm pretty sure that's what you guys are talking about.  But yeah, the advanced listing tool is much more helpful than the basic one.

I have all my items listed as BIN only (except for one DS game i accidently listed as an auction)
Psycho hit the nail on the head. Guess i need to swap to "advanced".

I wish it would just let me pick default settings and use the same stuff all the time.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5669 on: July 18, 2014, 03:02:05 PM »

I have all my items listed as BIN only (except for one DS game i accidently listed as an auction)
Psycho hit the nail on the head. Guess i need to swap to "advanced".

I wish it would just let me pick default settings and use the same stuff all the time.

i don't use ebay much but i thought there was some way to "save" a listing so that you can relist the same thing again and edit it as needed without filling out every form twice.
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 400 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length