RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:35:16 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collecting the Sega 32X: How hard is it, really? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Collecting the Sega 32X: How hard is it, really?  (Read 7440 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 06:07:43 PM »

Didn't see Pitfall ever becoming hard to find. I have come across that CIB a few times, from what I remember. I will have to make sure to pick it up next time.

Same with Blackthorne, actually. I have passed on tha,.t CIB at least once, and for a very reasonable price ( < $10).

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 06:16:56 PM »

When I was looking Blackthorne, T-Mek and Knuckles where the most expensive ones outside of Spider-Man.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »

I got about 20 of the 36 games, 18 are CIB. I got lucky and was able to get Blackthorne and T-Mek for ~$10 each.

Hopefully I get lucky with World Series Baseball and Pitfall as well so I only have to worry about Spiderman.

I actually got lucky with WSB.  I got it from Goodwill or Value Village for only $2 or $3.  It came with the box or manual.  I can't remember

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 11:04:25 PM »

3 bucks for WSB!! Are you fo serious??!?!? speechless

Tell me about your variants...
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2008, 01:08:17 AM »

I got mine for 8 bucks loose and I forget for the CIB one. I know it was cheap though.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2008, 04:24:54 PM »

Ah shit, I just remembered that I don't have World Series Baseball either  grrr

God I don't want to spend $40 for that game.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2008, 08:53:12 PM »

Kolibri was another one of the semi price ones too at least when i was kinda interested in going after 32x...

I end up researching more than actually completing collections...

gorez
N-Gage
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2008, 08:31:29 PM »

i got a spiderman loose.  paid too much for it.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2008, 11:01:43 AM »

Kolibri was another one of the semi price ones too at least when i was kinda interested in going after 32x...

Really? Hell I opened my sealed one so I could get info for the site. When I was collecting sealed ones where all over teh place.

m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »

I know I don't post much on this site, but I just wanted to add that I got World Series Baseball CIB for $1.25 at a flea market. I really think that the majority of the 32x collection could be had for cheap...just as long as you have the patience to find deals.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2008, 10:22:46 PM »

Really? Hell I opened my sealed one so I could get info for the site. When I was collecting sealed ones where all over teh place.

I believe it was upwards of 30-40$s when i was looking.

Pricey for me.

cyberfluxor
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 11:06:44 AM »

No Spider-Man but there is an auction for Blackthorne.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-...ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Blackthrone is a great game, never played it on the 32X though. Certainly a game worth owning and playing. It's like having the early Prince of Persia games. But just look around and you'll find games over time and a lot cheaper than eBay or auction sites. Patience pays off in this hobby and if loose is alright with you then it's even easier. I actually found a loose copy of Spider-man the other month for $1 at a pawn shop, wasn't even expecting it but knowing of the title and rarity sure helped.

Collecting CIB 5200 Atari and Sega Saturn games.
Check out my domain
I will purge your base for resources.
Dev1anc3
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »

The 32X wouldn't be too bad to collect for just carts only. The thing I've noticed about trying to collect CIB for the 32X, is that it's a pain in the ass. Nobody seemed to keep the boxes and manuals. Also the first batch of launch titles came in hard black cases with colored manuals for a very brief time, like the original Genesis carts, and they are almost impossible to come across. I've got Wrestlemania Arcade in the hard case, but that's the only one so far. I don't know how many other games came in hard cases before Sega started cheaping out, but it's pretty much a given that all of the launch titles came in hard cases in the begining.

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 10:10:41 PM »

I know for sure that NBA Jam TE is available in the hard case, but not sure of any others.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 10:34:47 PM »

I do and I know Tholly does as well.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-055-S-00240-A

A bunch of people have it. Click the Who Owns this link.

I actually don't have Spider-man.

I have everything CIB except for Spider-man and Pitfall.  Those are the only 2 that I am missing.  My only complete set is the Magnavox Odyssey 2.  I really need to get those last 2 for a complete 32x set.

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length