RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:17:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Does your child play sports? (or younger relative) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Does your child play sports? (or younger relative)  (Read 24650 times)
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: January 28, 2008, 09:35:51 AM »

Do you have a child or children that play sports?

My son started learning to play hockey when he was 2. (he is almost 7 now)
He stopped when he was 5 because I wanted him to concentrate on school. Tongue
Well, me and my ex-wife decided to let him try Tee-Ball. He had a blast playing it.

The Tee-Ball league he played in was a "city league", and the games all ended as "ties".
Each game would go 3 full innings, where each team got to bat aroun the line-up. Everybody scored, and everybody had fun.

Now, he is playing in the 6-7 year old (age bracket) basketball league (also a city league).
It's a bit more competetive as far as winning goes due to the fact that every game is either won or lost.
I try to stress to my son that having fun is the main thing, but deep down I of course want to see his team win.

The first game, my son's team won 20-18, and my son had 10 points. The second game they lost 24-18, and my son had zero points. Yes, he had like 9 rebounds, 4 blocked shots and 2 assist. (yes, I keep track :embarassed:) The third game, the team won 22-20. My son had 4 points (the last 4 points the team scored) 8-10 rebounds and 5 or 6 assist.

I really enjoy watching my son play sports, and maybe one day I will coach a sport that he does.... I used to coach club level roller hockey, but I got sick of all the parents. Parents argue about the lamest things. Roll Eyes

I really try to keep that in mind as I watch my son grow and play sports. I know that I don't want to be one of those parents who yell and scream at coaches and officials.

What about you? Story about a child or younger relative who plays sports?

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.c..._nintendo&folder=Coll
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39:38 PM »

With three boys (11, 8, & 6) I feel like I we have done just about every sport there is.  My wife and I like to give them a say in what they do so of course they all choose to do something different.  Here's a list of the different things they have done:

Soccer
Indoor Soccer
Karate
Gymnastics
Tee-Ball
Baseball
Bowling
Tennis
Swimming
Basketball

This past summer my two little ones played baseball in a league that played right around the corner from us.  We all had a great time every week.  We would all ride our bikes over and they would play.  The younger one's did the everyone gets to bat and score thing but the older one was a step up where they played three outs and kept score.

My older one just started playing basketball in a school league.  They have played two games now and have won both so he's happy.  He's got a couple of kids on his team that are pretty good so that helps.  It's great excersize for him because they are having touble getting the kids to show up, the first game they only had 5 kids show (so he played the whole game) and this week they had only 7.

It is great to watch them, even when they are not doing as well as you would like.  The only part I don't like is how some parents get a bit carried away and at times.

I don't know if my kids will make it that far but my niece is a freshman at University of Rochester and playing Basketball for them (she is 6'2").  They are currently the 12th ranked division III teams in the country.  I get to listen to her games live on the internet, that's really cool hearing them talk about her when she's playing.

I need more room for all my $#!%
welchracing33
N-Gage
United States

Stats

Champion of

More>>
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 02:29:08 AM »

Yea, our oldest daughter does gymnastics.

Our oldest boy plays in 5th grade basketball.

And our other daughter races 4 wheelers. The last 2 years she has raced the 50cc class and will be stepping up to the 90cc class this season. So far she has always placed 1st or 2nd place except for one 4th place finish. And EVERY AMA race she has entered she has got 1st place. Just something about a little girl whipping all the boys on the racetrack that makes dad proud.  slick

Then I have a 4 year old that will start racing dirtbikes this season.

And a 2 year old that will be starting practicing this season. I hope to have him on the track by next season.

Mostly just all racing for us, but Im sure that will change when they get older, probably have some baseball, and football in there as well.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 07:26:59 AM »

Cool!

Good stuff guys.

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 12:47:38 AM »

my boy plays football  been trying to help him with weightlifting. hes 15 and 6,2 265 pounds.  maybe he can go pro and support his old dad

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »

Nice...

That's around the same exact size I was at 15.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 06:52:23 PM »

That frightens me.

When shall his new form be revealed?
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »

LOL

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 12:16:38 PM »

my boy plays football  been trying to help him with weightlifting. hes 15 and 6,2 265 pounds.  maybe he can go pro and support his old dad
Wow, that's heavy for a 15 year old. But if he's weightlifting and building muscle...that's another thing though.

I see your username here is Worldstrongestman....is that your secret ambition for your son to be? Smiley
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »

My son is only 2 and a half months old right now but we went to see his uncle play in a baseball tournament yesterday evening. Its was a provincial youth tournament and even though my brothers team has no chance of winning they played quite well during the game we got to see. I can wait till my little guy is running around playing games and stuff.

Im not a sports fan by any means at all, In fact I dislike a lot of sports, but I still cant wait to see my child playing them (certain ones more than others) with his friends and through school and stuff.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Sega2099
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »

Help a brother out! lol I'm only 13. I play middle school football!

Moriya Hanzo
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 01:10:03 PM »

I have 2 nephews (14 and 16) that i pretty much raised that play football. I remember when we went to the school to get them enrolled last year. The football coaches beg me to let them play. Of course that sat out the year because of time constraints with my work schedule. They hit the weights everyday and now they have moved to Minn. with there dad they both play. 15 is 6'0 250 and plays OT/OG/DT. His older brother is 6'1 265 and plays LB/DT/DE. The older one has been playing football off and on since he was 8. There pops played back in they day, he was a DT at 303 i believe. Sad i am there uncle and they are taller and bigger than me...

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 10:32:18 AM »

Wow, that's heavy for a 15 year old. But if he's weightlifting and building muscle...that's another thing though.

I see your username here is Worldstrongestman....is that your secret ambition for your son to be? Smiley

That might be heavy for a 15 year old but not for someone at that height.

Our son is too young for sports but he has been running around with one of my old "toy" baseball bats. Its hollow and plastic and his height. lol

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »

Our son is too young for sports but he has been running around with one of my old "toy" baseball bats. Its hollow and plastic and his height. lol

Our son is going to be 3 in March. We got him out last summer and started showing him how to swing a plastic bat. He also loves kicking around a ball outside like soccer. I want to get him into football, but I think my wife is preferring baseball. She played softball in college.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 02:16:23 PM »

My son played T-ball last year.  He did pretty good and we never missed a game.  I was made assistant coach and had a great time.  This year my daughter will be joining in on the fun.  He also won a 100 dollars from selling the most raffle tickets.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length