RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:18:00 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 2/19/08 - The death of HD-DVD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Now that Toshiba has thrown in the towel in the format war, do you want a Blu-Ray add-on for your Xbox 360?
Of course not, it's a game machine dammit!   -10 (43.5%)
Definately not   -2 (8.7%)
I don't care either way   -8 (34.8%)
Maybe, depends on the price   -2 (8.7%)
Yes I'd like one soon   -1 (4.3%)
Yes but I want it to be an internal drive   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 2/19/08 - The death of HD-DVD  (Read 4988 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 01:05:01 PM »

Consoles are for gaming.

I agree, If I want to watch a movie i will go buy a movie player.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 09:12:14 AM »

Blu-Ray on a 360 will never happen, Sony wouldn't want to give away their only advantage the PS3 has left to Microsoft.

Last couple of weeks, I've seen some TV adds for the PS3, but it's mostly Singstare and other lame stuff. It'd be in Sony's best interest if they'd push the PS3 more as the most affordable Blu-Ray player on the market that can ALSO play the latest generation of games. That's a strong selling point (same as the PS2 with DVD's) and I don't understand why Sony isn't exploiting that more.

Like someone else said, I wouldn't want a 360 for watching movies because it is too loud. Same reason why I don't use the PS2 anymore for watching DVD's.
When I'll get a new TV, I think I'll get myself one of those fairly cheap (€130 or something) DVD player with HDMI support. Then your DVD's can get upscaled to 1080p, which seems like a nice feature to me.

As for as Blu-Ray goes, I'm not really longing for it just yet, For me, watching DVD's hooked up with an RGB Scart is good enough Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length