RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:32:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Wii...6 months after purchase question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The Wii...6 months after purchase question  (Read 8058 times)
jcalder8
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 08:41:16 PM »

It didn't even last that long for me. After about a month I was bored with it. I bought SMG in Nov and started playing it a couple weeks ago. I bought SSBM and I put in some time with that but it's not really my cup of tea. Let's hope that Mario Kart Wii will finally get me interested in the system, or I might be selling it off
djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 07:29:23 AM »

It didn't even last that long for me. After about a month I was bored with it. I bought SMG in Nov and started playing it a couple weeks ago. I bought SSBM and I put in some time with that but it's not really my cup of tea. Let's hope that Mario Kart Wii will finally get me interested in the system, or I might be selling it off

Again, I need to stress this (don't just but the first party titles). No More Heroes and Zack & Wiki are 2 must haves and they get over looked quite often but they are probably the best original offerings for the console yet.
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »

Picked up Mario Kart for the Wii today.  Hopefully that will renew my interest in the system.  I've always liked racing games, and played the hell out of Mario Kart 64, so it has a very good shot at doing it.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
UNFORGIVINGPAIN
Donor
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 06:16:33 PM »

Picked up Mario Kart for the Wii today.  Hopefully that will renew my interest in the system.  I've always liked racing games, and played the hell out of Mario Kart 64, so it has a very good shot at doing it.
I also picked up Mario Kart. My five year old son loves it, but I wasn't impressed. I don't like the steering wheel at all, so it's a good thing I can use the classic controller.
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 01:03:34 AM »

Smash Bros. Brawl stole me away from Halo 3 for nearly two weeks, but once again I've slid back into the ritual of that prey'n'spray FPS game.

it's thinking
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »

I have had my Wii since release day and after that initial novelty phase i hardly ever play it
i think it comes down to being lazy, I like the Wii and i have some good games but you have to move!!
what i mean is when you want to just sit there you have to wiggle the pad, its not just a matter of sitting there and getting into it..(at least i think thats what i mean), like if call of duty 4 involved tons of wiggling the pad to play i don't think i would have played it as much

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »

I've also had mine since launch and its been hooked up to our living room tv the entire time (thats not where we generally game, but its a good thing). I got bored pretty quick with some titles such as Rayman, Excite Truck, Mario Galaxy and Brawl but i've still put a lot of hours into other titles like Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem (best game on the system in my opinion), Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam, Wii Sports (still gets played every once and a while), Guitar Hero III and tons of Gamecube favorites.

I have yet to play Zack & Wiki or No More Heroes (both are high on my priority list) because of my gaming budget but will likely get to them later this year. So to answer your question, the 6 month novelty still hasnt worn off after a year and 6 months.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 03:07:51 PM by Crabmaster2000 » Logged

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 04:08:43 PM »

Okami has my undivided attention right now.

Hello World.
SparkB
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 10:09:14 PM »

I also got it on  release, unfortunately it didnt last long, i got the ps3 soon after, and that  took over, the only reason i dont sell the wii,  is because  i collect consoles lol. so i keep it, as a part of history. Undecided
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2008, 06:27:02 AM »

Of the three current gen consoles, I do play the Wii the least. I just have the fewest games for it right now. Swinging and shaking a controller just isn't my style, I prefer a normal controller in my hands.

That said, I have enjoyed all the Wii games I own that I have played so far.

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 08:58:23 AM »

I should have mentioned also that I purchased 2 PS3s at launch aswell. I sold the first one to pay for the second one (I know, I know, but I'm really cheap) and bought Resistance and Tony Hawk's Project 8 and an HDMI cable with some of the extra cash.

After finishing both of those games I sold my other PS3 pretty shortly after. I cant stand online gaming so Resistance had no replay value for me after I beat it on Super-human mode. I've checked new releases for the system every couple months and have yet to regret my decision of selling it. My friends all give me a hard time but I just enjoy a lot more games released for the Wii.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2008, 10:37:42 AM »

I recieved a Wii back in August, and really it doesn't get as much play time as I thought that it would.  My PS2 still gets the majority of my gaming time.  I have some decent games for it (LOZ: Twilight Princess, Zak & Wiki, Red Steel, and a handful of others), but I just can't seem to devote any long term time into the games.  There are a handful of A-list titles that I want to pick up, but never seem to get around to actually buying them.  As a matter of fact, since my game room is in the upstairs bedroom, and there isn't a computer nearby, I use the Wii more for looking up FAQS when I'm stuck on a PS2 game than actually playing any games on it. 

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
Reps911
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 01:10:59 PM »

Bought my Wii at launch and played it non-stop up untill christmas 07' (thats when I got MY PS3) iv'e maybe toutched the Wii two times between christmas 07' and today. There are just not that many games that I "must have" for the Wii and The PS3 consumes what little Game Time I have during my week.  So I guess for me I Got about 1 full year before I got tired of it
nester
Sega 32X

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2008, 02:02:42 AM »

I've had the Wii since day 1 and I'd say I still play it often enough. It's in my regular rotation of systems I play. It's tough to spend that much time on any one system when you've got about 20 to chose from. I still always have a good time with it though.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 12:40:19 PM »

Okami has my undivided attention right now.

it has mine too.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length