RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:40:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Wii...6 months after purchase question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The Wii...6 months after purchase question  (Read 8053 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: April 24, 2008, 06:30:51 AM »

A general question for Wii owners...

I've been reading here and there that usually within 6 months after the purchase of the console, many Wii owners are not playing it anymore due to waning interest. Many have reverted back to playing other consoles.

As a non-Wii owner, how true is this? Do you Wii owners still play the console more than others, 6 months after your original purchase, or have you had your fill of it and have chosen to go back to playing other consoles?

DefaultGen
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:40:34 AM »

Wii: Zelda TP - Long wait - SMG - Long wait

I'm not interested in SSBB.  Most of the games on Wii are crappy, shallow games not worth the price of admission.  There are a few good games like Zack and Wiki and I guess Excitetruck but not enough to really keep me interested right now.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 06:42:55 AM »

When I first purchased the system I played it quite a bit.  Now my wife and son mainly play it.  A few good compilation sets are due this fall for the Wii.  That might make me play it more.  Mainly I'm talking about Neo World Order, and King Of Fighters Orochi Saga.  I due enjoy playing my 360 whenever I get a chance too.  I like the idea of not having to swing my arm all over the place when I want to sit down and play a game.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:44:29 AM by Ghost Soldier » Logged

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 02:54:22 PM »

Fark covered this topic yesterday:

http://forums.fark.com/cg...omments.pl?IDLink=3559211

Seems a lot of people have given up on it.  I know I haven't played it in about two months.  And haven't really played it for a lot longer.  It really is a party console, and it seems like I'm doing things other than playing video games with friends.  I thought this might change with SSBB, but no one has expressed interest in playing it yet. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »

I constantly play it.  Every day.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
djbeatmongrel
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 03:39:49 PM »

mark me in the play it often category, its been about a year and 4 months and i have played this shit out of mine. it really depends on the type of gamer you are and if you are willing to step outside of the first party titles a bit.

I thought i'd add that i've beaten 12 of the 30 games i own for it now and played through metroid prime 3 corruption twice. I'd say i've gotten a good fill of play out of it so far.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:51:08 PM by djbeatmongrel » Logged
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »

I play it when I feel like playing it.  These days it's GH III and that's it.  I've hardly touched any of my other systems in spite of having picked up some killer saturn and ps1 games.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:43 PM »

I don't care if in 6 months i get bored of it... I WANT ONE NOW!!! laugh laugh

Soon enough, soon enough.

Tell me about your variants...
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 05:59:05 PM »

I constantly play every day. i switch between GH3, SSBB, and SMG, but im still playing it every day. And when friends are over, Mario Party and Wii Sports are go.

Running out of games to buy.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 06:59:32 PM »

I don't know if it's I am losing interest in gaming, or it's the Wii, but I just don't play it as much as I thought I would.

Hello World.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »

Brawl owns my life whenever I'm not schooling or working, and once I get everything in that game I have to go back to Galaxy and finish that. So yeah, in other words I haven;t lost interest in my Wii.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 09:29:29 PM »

The Wii is gaii, always has been always will be.

Nintendo is fail, they make their money but have nothing to give to the advancement of the next gen, which I know many don't care about...BUT I WANT TOTAL IMMERSION NAO

When shall his new form be revealed?
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 09:52:10 PM »

The Wii is gaii, always has been always will be.

Nintendo is fail, they make their money but have nothing to give to the advancement of the next gen, which I know many don't care about...BUT I WANT TOTAL IMMERSION NAO
I can't wait for our new temporary toy to go live on Monday.

Hello World.
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 01:45:18 PM »

I've hardly played my Wii since about a month after I bought it.  for some games the motion controls work really well.  But most not so much, and after spending fifty dollars on a game I don't fell spending an additional twenty dollars to buy an attachment so I can play without the motion controls. 

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »

I bought Okami today, we'll see how that goes.

The brief instants where I do play the Wii I am absolutely enthralled, and then that's it.

Hello World.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length