RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:17:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Any programers here able to help? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any programers here able to help?  (Read 1012 times)
wickerwolf
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:15:12 PM »

Hi all, just joined here on a recommendation from some friends, been collecting games since way back Smiley starting with a ZX spectrum.

Anyhow onto my 1st post,

Is there any coders willing to help make a small piece of software for the game collecting community?

Im not a coder and have no experience, i downloaded the visual studio 2008 trial and have being trying my best, but its going very slow.

What I'm trying to make is A little front end for all the collectors of PS2 games *God bless ebay*  (All though this could also be used for sega CD, Sega saturn, PSX, PSP collectors etc, any system were each game has its own unique ID tag)

So heres the basics:

Has 3 master lists and a custom list, the master lists are the sonyindex lists (Pal, US Asia) and the custom 1 is the users collection.

There are tabs at the top which change the game list view to:
-All Games - all games from the 4 lists
-Asia - All jap/korean games
-Pal - All Pal games
-USA - All US games
-Available - All the games in the custom list (users collection)

When in the "all games" view the green and red boxes at the bottom right are visible, green means you have that game red means you don't.

Boxes for media (Cd or DVD) Box I-1 (how many discs the game comes on 1 or 2) and a custom info box as well.

Thats just the basics, heres a picture for a better understanding of it:
[img width=700 height=453]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/wickerwolf/NewBitmapImage.jpg[/img]

In the software root folder would be the snap,snap2 & box folders in which would be the box art named for example SLUS_00043, then in the snap and snap2 folders would be screenshots with the same name. So the software displays the images from those 3 folders in the 3 boxes when the user is on the game in the list that has the code SLUS_00043, in the ID tag box.

Heres my progress so far:

[img width=700 height=525]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/wickerwolf/oioi.jpg[/img]

Not much but its a start, i still have to figure out how to get the text box to display contents of a .txt file or .xls file located in the programs root folder and alot of other stuff etc etc..
I have loads of snap shots and box art shots, which i have been naming ready etc, just no coding experience. I don't think from a coders point of view this would be to hard to do, but since I'm not a coder and have no help at the moment I'm finding it difficult.

So if anybody has just a little bit of coding knowledge and is able to help build this app please post here.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:47:23 PM »

We're only server side scripters here. Perhaps there are other people more knowledgeable on VB.

Hello World.
St0rmTK421
The Black Perl
Director

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »

It looks like you're off to a promising start.  Unfortunately, I hardly know anything about visual basic or windows programming in general, so I can't be of any help.  All I can say is the web contains all.  I've learned several programming languages just seaching with google.  Some people prefer books, which is probably the more comprehensive way.  Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll be able figure it out.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
We will always keep it on channel 3!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length