RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:13:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Let's Talk About Grand Theft Auto 4!!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Let's Talk About Grand Theft Auto 4!!!  (Read 1623 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: May 05, 2008, 02:14:37 PM »

Any interesting stuff to share about your experiences with the game, either in single or multi-player? Anyone going for 100% completion?

I was on a mission the other day where I had to chase and gun down a guy that ripped off an Exotic Sports Car "dealer" named Brucie. I used the Police Car that I was "required" to steal in order to find the guy's location. After a high speed chase and driving/shooting out the window, I finally wasted the guy. But right at the end of doing so, the cop car was on fire so I got out just before it exploded. What a perfect ending to finishing a mission! Cool

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 02:16:37 PM »

I was driving along and saw a glowing red pigeon on a wall. I thought, being red, it was a weapon of some sort. I couldn't pick it up so I shot it and got a message saying "Rats with wings. 99 to go".
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 04:20:45 PM »

Any interesting stuff to share about your experiences with the game, either in single or multi-player? Anyone going for 100% completion?

I was on a mission the other day where I had to chase and gun down a guy that ripped off an Exotic Sports Car "dealer" named Brucie. I used the Police Car that I was "required" to steal in order to find the guy's location. After a high speed chase and driving/shooting out the window, I finally wasted the guy. But right at the end of doing so, the cop car was on fire so I got out just before it exploded. What a perfect ending to finishing a mission! Cool

Brucie sucks Smiley I've done a few missions for him now.

I haven't played a mission in probably 2 days now. Lots and lots of multiplayer for me. It's fun because, unlike Halo, I'm actually pretty good at this game Smiley

I'll have to look for those pigeons. I haven't noticed one yet. How much stuff is there to get? So far, the only "* out of 50 or 100" target that I have found are the jumps... The pigeons make 2. Are there more?

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
SparkB
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 09:06:38 PM »

Yea this game is pretty sweet, its been  almost all multiplayer for me, i still cant figure out why i have so much fun  on just free mode lol,  its good though, i  just got a mic, so that makes it better to. I always get a kick when  someone online gets hit by  another vehicle lol, cops and crooks is a good mode to play to.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 02:21:37 PM »

Had a lot of unexpected trouble getting through a warehouse shootout with Little Jacob on my way to getting past the "Roman's Sorrow" part of the story. Either I kept dying or LJ kept dying.

I'm sure there will be more difficult stuff to come, but man was that frustrating! Tongue

The only complaint I have right now is that you can't save "anywhere". Because if I was able to, I could forego the need to reload my previous save, leave the safehouse to get to the ammo store, wait for LJ's phone call, go back to the warehouse, and only then get to ATTEMPT to pass the mission.

That being said, the shootouts are still pretty sweet! Cool Excellent AI.

If I had the time and less responsibility, I'd be playing this game constantly... insomnia

« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 02:23:22 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:28:22 PM »

I got it just yesterday after hearing far too many positive comments about the game not only here, but on other forums and sites I visit.

The only things I've done with the game besides the 15 minute update/install process are watch the first few cutscenes, play the first couple of missions, and just screw around in the city. Based on my two or three hours with the game, I must say that I am genuinely impressed. Yeah, it's the same old GTA formula that made 3, Vice City, and San Andreas so popular, but it's refined in such a way that it feels fresh and much simpler.

I can't say much else right now since since I've done so little with it, but I am enjoying it so far which is quite surprising since I pretty much lost interest in GTA after 3. However, I'll be sure to write more thoughts sometime in the future.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »

Well i have played it in about 4 days so gave it a go for 2 hours earlier, got past Romans sorrow then got very very board and had to turn it off...by that i mean yo move house o the small island and everything, like shops and bars, are on the other island so its like, across the bridge again, dont pay, get chased, do mission, back across bridge, repeat.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 01:15:58 PM »

I was looking through the Xbox 360 achievements for it and the description for one of them is:

"Unlock the special ability of helicopter."

I think that sounds funny. Cheesy "I grant you the power of helicopter!"
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »

Here's a little FAQ on GTA 4 for all you older folks out there:

http://www.236.com/news/2...to_iv_faq_for_ol_6180.php

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 08:26:05 PM »

What is it?  Grand Theft Auto?  Never heard of it.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »

A couple of weeks ago, I managed to unlock the 2nd island by finishing Playboy X's 1st mission, and messed around with dating "SoboHoe" 1x and capturing a "Most Wanted" from the cop computer.

Unfortunately, I haven't played the game since. Not enough time. Tongue

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »

Look at the amazing video I posted on the front page:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...and-Theft-Auto-IV-604.php

Follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length