RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:32:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What Books have you purchased recently? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print
Author Topic: What Books have you purchased recently?  (Read 117854 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2016, 10:56:26 PM »

That's pretty cool. Better than my Jack London anthology find the other day.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #241 on: April 13, 2016, 08:00:51 PM »

Took a road trip today for an interview. I took the chance to visit a couple of my favorite stops and struck some gold at the book store house. Time to make Shadow jealous by saying these were all $.85 each. I didn't have enough time to dig too deep and these were pretty much in the open.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #242 on: April 13, 2016, 10:39:59 PM »

I've never seen that Mystara book... I'm not sure which Greyhawk novels I have, though I DO see a Gary Gygax Greyhawk, which is pretty cool. I have 3 copies of Knight of the Black Rose - for some reason, I've come across it often.

Hell, for $0.85 per book, I'd have picked those all up in a heartbeat, even if I did own them. Nice find.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #243 on: April 13, 2016, 11:04:30 PM »

I'm guessing Greyhawk Adventures 1 is another Gygax book. This is 2-6 that I found today. I still need to lookup where The Eyes Have It fits.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #244 on: April 13, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »

It's another Adventures book, the last one I believe. Rose Estes took over for Gygax after he left TSR and continued the series. I don't think I own ANY of the Adventures series though, as they were meant as companions for D&D 1st and 2nd Edition (my neighbor had the set for AD&D 1.5).

Saga of Old City
Artifact of Evil
Master Wolf
The Price of Power
The Demon Hand
The Name of the Game
The Eyes Have It

...think I have The Price of Power around here somewhere. Let me go dig and see what I have.
EDIT: Nope. Just some of the novelizations. However, I have a bunch of duplicate Ravenloft books if you want/need them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:24:51 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #245 on: April 14, 2016, 12:15:57 AM »

I have been interested in Ravenloft lately. Don't have any of the sourcebooks right now. Also if anybody finds any of the like... three Planescape novels I'm the guy to send them to!

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #246 on: April 14, 2016, 08:13:01 AM »

I owe you some books anyways. I'll let you know which I have. They're just sitting in my duplicate book pile.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2016, 11:23:25 PM »

Ravenloft is a fun setting. Pretty deadly though. Characters commonly die or at least whenever I played it. But the gothic horror stuff is really cool.

Reading the new Marvel Star Wars comic, it is a pretty fun read so far.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:25:26 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2016, 09:03:44 PM »

Surprised to find these today.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2016, 10:09:18 AM »

Sweet. I've been picking up one-offs lately. Grabbed a couple more Forgotten Realms that I didn't own. I think last count put me over 120 unique novels.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #251 on: December 13, 2016, 12:06:14 AM »

Do boxes of books and maps count?

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #252 on: January 09, 2017, 12:21:11 PM »

Book wave is still going.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #253 on: January 09, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »

Up for a trade? Pile of duplicates is starting to get unwieldly, and I have some things to send you anyways so I figure I can just fill the rest of the box.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #254 on: January 09, 2017, 06:44:48 PM »

Sure, there's a bunch of books I can shift around since finding those anthologies, but I don't think I have too much that you don't already that I would part with before reading. A small handful, but we can work that out.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length