RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:46:46 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What Books have you purchased recently? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: What Books have you purchased recently?  (Read 119338 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »

Just finished the last in Koji Suzuki's Rings novels, The Loop.  Very entertaining. 

I don't know if I want to go for literary or non-literary next.  I think I'll let the books at the Salvation Army near my work decide for me, eh?  If not, I'll probably get a Nathanael West book or something.  Or Niven.  I don't know.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2013, 08:15:48 PM »

Picked this box set up today thinking about selling it or trading it for something on here. 

* IMG_20130319_133056~1.jpg (157.56 KB, 900x675 - viewed 409 times.)

* IMG_20130319_133202~1.jpg (172.53 KB, 900x675 - viewed 393 times.)

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2013, 05:01:06 PM »

I picked up another Discworld book, Lords and Ladies. Since it was all I found and I had no cash I padded my purchase with a few classics, A Tale of Two Cities, Dracula, and Last of the Mohicans.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2013, 02:14:15 PM »

Another small book score. This one might bring out the inner jealousy of Shadow as I just keep stockpiling this author's books!

First off, Shadowrun. I picked up Who Hunts the Hunter, its brand new.

DISCWORLD! Yes, more Discworld. I got 3 books in this series today. Maskerade, Thud!, and The Fifth Ele...

[img width=400 height=300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm785uD7Me1qioq7uo1_400.jpg[/img]

No! NEVER! NEVER AGAIN!

The Fifth Elephant.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2013, 06:26:00 PM »

picked up
 - Snopes trilogy - William Faulkner (hardcover box set)
 - Greek Myths - Robert Graves (hardcover box set)
 - The Road - Cormac Mccarthy (paperback)
 - A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini (paperback)
 - Lord Jim - Joseph Conrad (paperback)

[img width=700 height=812]http://i.imgur.com/s5nYYTs.jpg[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2013, 06:29:55 PM »

tech, since you asked, I picked up Candide, Tom Sawyer, Scarlet Letter, and Count of Monte Cristo for you.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2013, 06:45:04 PM »

tech, since you asked, I picked up Candide, Tom Sawyer, Scarlet Letter, and Count of Monte Cristo for you.

oh good no overlaps with what i bought today, i was worried i might grab something you had already found. those all sound good, i hadn't heard of candide or scarlet letter but looked them up and they sound good. the other 2 i had been wanting to pick up sometime. thanks!
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2013, 07:07:12 PM »

Ah yes The Count of Monte Cristo, one of the most noted revenge epics in Western literature. I picked up an unabridged edition-- about 1100 pages-- a few years back, and got about halfway through before I gave up because I had a hell of a time following every little detail.

I think I'll take another crack at it one day. But first, I'll pick up a Cliffs Notes guide so I can better keep up with all the subplots and exposition.

Myself, I recently picked up...

[img width=282 height=400]http://images.betterworldbooks.com/160/Take-Your-Eye-Off-the-Ball-With-DVD-Kirwan-Pat-9781600786174.jpg[/img]

Though it's not the playbook edition with DVD pictured here.

After leafing through it at a local goodwill, I found it interesting enough to buy and read. So far I've learned a whole lot about the ol' gridiron than I ever knew before.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

I had a nerd moment and ordered this for $10...

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2013, 08:44:55 PM »

The Fall of Arthur - J.R.R. Tolkien
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2013, 06:42:45 PM »

Found a bunch of R.L Stine books at one sale, among other things:

[img width=700]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1064488_682282221788980_385912405_o.jpg[/img]

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »

^I sold my Goosebumps collection just last year and I'm already starting to regret it. I friggin love RL Stine but they were just sitting there in the closet so I decided to get some funds out of them. I did the same with my Series of Unfortunate Events collection I found for 50 cents each. Great profit but I kind of wanted to read them eventually. There's always PDF files if I'm really itching for em I guess.

I had a nerd moment and ordered this for $10...
What's the inside like? Don't tell me it's just for show...

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »

^I sold my Goosebumps collection just last year and I'm already starting to regret it. I friggin love RL Stine but they were just sitting there in the closet so I decided to get some funds out of them. I did the same with my Series of Unfortunate Events collection I found for 50 cents each. Great profit but I kind of wanted to read them eventually. There's always PDF files if I'm really itching for em I guess.

I still have a bunch of them laying around.

What's the inside like? Don't tell me it's just for show...

It's one of those complete guides to the show, it has character bios, artwork, plot summaries, song lyrics, forwards by Lauren Faust and two of the writers, and little facts and bits of commentary from the staff. There's a map in there to. I really need to get around to reading it in detail. I'm happy with I saw flicking though it a little though.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2013, 12:45:24 PM »

Picked this up when I went to to the Phoenix Art Museum  to see The Art of Video Games.

http://www.amazon.com/All...our+base+are+belong+to+us

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2013, 12:49:10 PM »

My roommate was drooling over your book, shoboni. Think I know what I need to get her (and her brother) for their birthdays...

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length