RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:32:13 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Rarest find (In the wild) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Rarest find (In the wild)  (Read 102789 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2013, 10:29:58 AM »

Malagai & Gauntlet won at a Auction for $25.00 a piece

How the hell did you win those for that price?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2013, 11:35:47 AM »

Aero Fighters for $5 at the flea market. Sold it this year after my local store got in Sonic Wings for the S-Fami, which I got for $15.

Also found a Loaner Atari 2600 Gremlins prototype cart at the local Value Village for $1.36.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2013, 01:12:27 PM »

Malagai & Gauntlet won at a Auction for $25.00 a piece

How the hell did you win those for that price?

My brother won them at an auction that his work was having and he pretty much was the only one that bid on them.

Oh and to note my brother lost the bid on Eli's ladder on Atari and bmx airmaster to his boss who already has gauntlet and malagai and 7 prototypes and yah he's rich.

Also my brother won aero fighters on SNES a while back for $30 on eBay I believe maybe chase the chuckwagon aka game gavel.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:16:22 PM by GamerNick » Logged

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2013, 05:45:18 PM »

I hate your brother. Oh and you since you are related to him.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #124 on: December 26, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »

I picked up Radical Rex for the SNES, loose(DP R6) for like $4 the other day. I also got Biker Mice From Mars(R5) for $2.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2014, 02:11:32 AM »

It was either a Sega Master System CIB, that I found at the thrift store for pretty cheap, i think I paid around 15.00 for it  or Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen LE for PS1 that i picked up for about .50 cents

DJ_D
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2014, 07:27:51 AM »

I found a Watermelon Red Nintendo 64 system with few 3 cart only games, 9 Cart + manual games and 1 CIB game..
The CIB one was Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards
All PAL. Got them for €25 (about 35 USD)
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2014, 10:34:12 PM »

Last 7 days I picked up a Saturn for 5.00 and a 3DO for $20.00 both need help with getting the discs to spin but should be quick fixes and for the price who could pass on them.

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2014, 06:11:56 PM »

I wouldn't call it rare, but I got a GBA/GB lot that both Pokemon Yellow and Fire Red in it for $8 today.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »

I picked up a CIB copy of Speed Racer for the PS1(disc has some wear, but it should work) from Goodwill and Digital Press calls it an R7.

That officially makes it the rarest thing I own unless you count my Atari Jaguar as more rare. 

AtariTexas
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2014, 01:07:01 PM »

About 9 years ago, I found Music Machine for the Atari 2600 for 25 cents at a Barn Sale of all places. Just that game with a Pac Man game along with some old farming equipment for sale. Just goes to show you can find stuff anywhere if your at the right place at the right time.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:08:50 PM by AtariTexas » Logged
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »

I really don't want to use the term "rare" to describe some of my finds, they're mostly just valuable:

Castlevania Dracula X & Tales of Destiny in a huge lot from a small yard sale I got for super cheap.
Conker's Bad Fur Day for 3 bucks from my local pawn shop.
Faria on NES for a mere 2 (or 3?) bucks from the Flea Market.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »

I spotted a N64 cart in a box of crap and it when I pulled it out it was Castlevania: LOD. I ended up paying like $2 for it because it was a junk shop and my friend that tagged along was jealous.

Similar thing happend in a pawnshop that usually only has crap in the SNES games, there was a copy of Super Mario RPG in there for $3.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2014, 06:58:29 PM »

I spotted a N64 cart in a box of crap and it when I pulled it out it was Castlevania: LOD. I ended up paying like $2 for it because it was a junk shop and my friend that tagged along was jealous.

Similar thing happend in a pawnshop that usually only has crap in the SNES games, there was a copy of Super Mario RPG in there for $3.

Welcome to the < $5 SMRPG club! We'll print you up a jacket. Wink

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2014, 08:07:00 PM »

For me, it wouldn't be a rare or pricey find in terms of value...but rather the method I obtained them that made it a "rare" find. During one summer in high school, I worked for a local petting zoo. They wanted to refurbish the attic of the building leading outside to display more indoor animals, so they took me away from my normal duties for a few days to clear out all the storage that had been up there from the previous owners. Most of it was shelving and old furniture from whatever business was there before the petting zoo bought the building, but way in the back of the attic hall, I found a pseudo "Break room" and there was a small TV connected to a SNES with the game Home Improvement inside it. The owner told me I could keep them, so I was happy to snag another SNES for my bedroom growing up...but man...Home Improvement was a terrible platformer...ha ha

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length