RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:11:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | Rarest find (In the wild) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: Rarest find (In the wild)  (Read 102554 times)
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #135 on: July 26, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »

A guy came into my store needing gas money and sold me complete in box copies of Chrono Trigger and Lufia 2 for $5 a piece. I never had that kind of luck randomly again.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2014, 11:50:21 AM »

A guy came into my store needing gas money and sold me complete in box copies of Chrono Trigger and Lufia 2 for $5 a piece. I never had that kind of luck randomly again.

wow, calistarwind wins
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2014, 11:56:27 AM »

That certainly trumps even my little brother's luck. He found Super Mario RPG and Mega Man Soccer in a grocery store parking lot when we were in middle school. I ended up with them, so I won in the end, but I still wish it was me that found them.

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: July 26, 2014, 04:19:58 PM »

Rarest find in the wild is either E.V.O for SNES or Maxi-15 for NES.  I suspect Maxi-15 is the rarer one.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:39:39 PM by Slowman » Logged

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
Weapon X
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2014, 06:37:02 AM »

Found a PlayStation 2 copy of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis in mint condition for $3.

When I picked it up I thought the price was a mistake I said to myself why are you out here and FFX is in the glass case?

If it was a mom and pop store I would told them how much it's going for but the store is like a larger version of Gamestop so yeah, score one for me  Smiley
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2014, 06:47:16 AM »

Nice weapon x!  My brother and I found jurassic park og for ps2 and xbox and the strat guide each under $10...so yours is totally an awesome rare find! 

I have more to add to the rarest finds pile I have on here but for now I'll just put my second copy of sega 32x World Series baseball I found for $5 while the local store priced it as the genesis World Series baseball. Then I sold it.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2014, 06:48:23 AM »

Rarest find in the wild is either E.V.O for SNES or Maxi-15 for NES.  I suspect Maxi-15 is the rarer one.

Jealous of both Slowman...I'm hoping to find an Evo someday.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
naisu_boato
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2014, 09:06:54 PM »

a ways back i found Serial experiments lain for ps. was one of the hardest buys for rare games on my end of things...

I am the queen potato.
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »

That certainly trumps even my little brother's luck. He found Super Mario RPG and Mega Man Soccer in a grocery store parking lot when we were in middle school. I ended up with them, so I won in the end, but I still wish it was me that found them.

Oh! I found Mega-Man Socker for $2.39 a while back in Goodwill a while back as well.

For me, it wouldn't be a rare or pricey find in terms of value...but rather the method I obtained them that made it a "rare" find. During one summer in high school, I worked for a local petting zoo. They wanted to refurbish the attic of the building leading outside to display more indoor animals, so they took me away from my normal duties for a few days to clear out all the storage that had been up there from the previous owners. Most of it was shelving and old furniture from whatever business was there before the petting zoo bought the building, but way in the back of the attic hall, I found a pseudo "Break room" and there was a small TV connected to a SNES with the game Home Improvement inside it. The owner told me I could keep them, so I was happy to snag another SNES for my bedroom growing up...but man...Home Improvement was a terrible platformer...ha ha

Sounds like the time I found a Genesis with a copy of Ms. Pac-Man in it lying in a tote on the curb.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:50:09 PM by shoboni » Logged

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2014, 10:00:05 PM »

I found a minty copy of Einhander in the dumpster.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #145 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:37 AM »

I found a minty copy of Einhander in the dumpster.

That might be the only time Minty and Dumpster have been used in the same sentence.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »

That might be the only time Minty and Dumpster have been used in the same sentence.
On here? Possibly, although the search doesn't find the 'norch's "Hey now"s, so it may have been done before. shrug
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2014, 09:09:21 AM »

On here? Possibly, although the search doesn't find the 'norch's "Hey now"s, so it may have been done before. shrug

I meant in the history of the world

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
naisu_boato
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »

does getting something mailed to you count as a find in the wild?

if so i had my japanese friend (who i adore greatly for doing this for me btw) get me a ticket for the fatal frame movie in japan and the clearfile for pre-ordering the ticket.

I am the queen potato.
YannBer18
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2014, 10:10:52 PM »

MegaMan V on Gameboy CIB for 5$
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length