RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:09:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Price Check Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55 Print
Author Topic: Price Check Thread  (Read 277311 times)
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 21, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »

Want to check on what an item is worth?  This is the place to ask your question.  Please submit your post in the following format to allow members to answer you quickly:

Hardware - (item name - specify if CIB or loose)

Game - (item name - specify if CIB or loose)

Thanks and let's utilize our collective experience to help each other make the best purchases/sales possible.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:58:48 PM by Marriott_Guy » Logged

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

Video Game Console Library  |  http://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com
jamespmt
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 03:35:10 AM »

game- caltron 6 in 1 nes  i always see different prices for it. how much is it really worth?

nes - licensed - 5 to go.

Flintstones: Surprise, Jimmy Connors Tennis,
L'Empereur, Little Samson, Stadium Events
modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »

Hardware -
PS1
PS2
NES
Genesis
SEGA CD
32x

I just need to know what my maximum should be for buying these and what my max should be for reselling them.
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 03:06:04 PM »

game- caltron 6 in 1 nes  i always see different prices for it. how much is it really worth?

Hello James.   I have seen these go for $250 and up for this Caltron cart.  It seems that timing (like everything) is paramount in trying to buy/sell this rarity.  Maybe some Nintendo experts could chime in and help out on this.

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 03:08:30 PM »

Hardware -
PS1, PS2, NES, Genesis, SEGA CD, 32x

I just need to know what my maximum should be for buying these and what my max should be for reselling them.

It all depends on if you want a good working loose model or a top of line MINT CIB system.  Can you explain your goals a bit more?  Thanks!

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »

All I am looking for is these consoles in complete working condition. 

(BTW: after checking out your collection it seems like I am asking the right person Smiley)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:25:58 PM by modest9797 » Logged
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 07:45:12 AM »

All I am looking for is these consoles in complete working condition. 

For working models with no games but have the controllers, power and AV cable, expect to pay around $15-$20 for a loose PS1, Sega Genesis (version 1 or 2), NES (version 1) or Sega CD (version 2 - version 1 is a bit more).  These are usually sold in bundled with games, so if you want to have a modest haul of games (10 or so), add on another $15 or so.  The Sega 32X is rarely sold only and is usually bundled with a Genesis.  The 32X is cheap on it's own - around $15 tops.  As for the PS2, these run around $45-$55 or so, sometimes a little cheaper.  Once again, start adding on the games/other accessories  and the price goes up a great deal.

Hope this helps you out.

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 12:12:59 PM »

How much would you expect to pay for a PS2 with all necessary hookups, the system, 4 controllers (2 of which are 3rd party), and 2 Memory cards?
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 12:56:33 PM »

How much would you expect to pay for a PS2 with all necessary hookups, the system, 4 controllers (2 of which are 3rd party), and 2 Memory cards?

Around $70 or so, assuming it is the slimline model and no-frills controllers and memory cards.

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

modest9797
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 01:11:56 PM »

It is the original model.  Is $60 a good deal? 

(Also a quick side question, are all PS1 games backwards compatible?)
Marriott_Guy
Console Librarian
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 01:55:18 PM »

The 1st model of PS2 is not as reliable as the slimline - take that into consideration when making your purchase.  Yes - all PS1 games are compatible with the PS2 (the PS2, both models, actually have a PS1 chip installed in them to do be able to be fully backwards compatible).

Terry  |  Marriott_Guy

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »

I'll second what Marriott_Guy said. I had to send in my original PS2 3 or 4 times to get it fixed. I eventually just replaced it with a slim because I was sick of the hassle. You'd be better off just holding off until you can find the slim. It shouldn't cost you much more than what you'd spend on this one.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tan
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 02:41:18 PM »

$60 is a decent deal, but considering that the older models haven't been sold since 2004, even the last of the original models will have a lot of mileage on them. Disc read errors are still frequent for these models, especially with the older blue bottomed CD-ROM games of which the PS2 library has a good couple hundred or so.

As far as compatibility, there are a few dozen titles incompatible with certain models and systems but not an overwhelming amount. For the most part the newer "slims" are better for PS1 play. Also as it's been 4 years for the older model, finding new accessories like the broadband adapter (built into the slim model), remote (IR receiver is already built into the slim) vertical stands etc may be harder to find new now.

I've had a slim in my game room for 3 1/2 years now. It gets a lot of usage between long marathon play sessions and PS1 games. It's never frozen on me, gave me any errors of any kind and I have nothing negative to say about it at all.

For between $99 and $129 or less brand new depending on where you buy it, it's worth the price to not have to think about reliability. First party controllers and memory cards are only $19.99 a piece new and the Katana officially licensed wireless controllers for $25 are much better than the Logitech ones or any other brand for that matter.
jamespmt
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »

tmnt tournament fighters nes and thanks for the help.

nes - licensed - 5 to go.

Flintstones: Surprise, Jimmy Connors Tennis,
L'Empereur, Little Samson, Stadium Events
bum-man
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 08:09:15 AM »

I have two of the original models, the first I got for free at a garage sale.  They guy said it wasn't working.  When I got it home it worked fine for most games and a tweak of the laser got it working for all.  The second came with cables, two controllers, one memory card and it was in the box for an original x-box?!  I got that lot for $25 at a local Goodwill.  So there are better deals if you have time to wait and look around.  I think $60 is a good deal compared to what a game store may change you but it may be much harder to take it back if you have issues.  Like the others said you may be better off with a slim unless you can fix it yourself.  Try checking Craigslist for your area, you can find some deals on there.  Good luck!

I need more room for all my $#!%
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length