RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:45:22 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Price Check Thread 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55 Print
Author Topic: Price Check Thread  (Read 279861 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #705 on: December 21, 2014, 01:45:11 PM »

Joe and Mac 2 SNES NTSC CIB, all inserts, minty

I see a BIN for $115, but it seems to go for $100-$200 - demand's all over the place for it.

gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #706 on: December 25, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »

Joe and Mac 2 SNES NTSC CIB, all inserts, minty

I see a BIN for $115, but it seems to go for $100-$200 - demand's all over the place for it.

the ones I saw only had the box and manual. they didn't have the poster or any of the other inserts. box didn't look to be in that great of shape

I paid a lot more than what those are going for but I'm pretty happy considering their condition and completeness. I saw an unopened one (I hate the term "new"- no video games that were made before 2013 are being sold as new today outside of re-issues) go for over $2k. Impossible to know if it was paid for or not but I didn't see a re-listing for it (indicator that it wasn't paid)

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #707 on: December 25, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »

new is just a description of condition when talking about collecting, not whether it's modern or retro...it's in the exact same condition it was when you could have picked it off the shelf of EB Games at launch day. sealed is a better term though.

do you know about the filter for "Sold Listings" on ebay? that will give you the true values people are willing to pay. current listings are never a good way to judge market value because a seller can price something at any price they want, but that's not neccesarily what it's worth.
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #708 on: December 25, 2014, 09:36:35 PM »

new is just a description of condition when talking about collecting, not whether it's modern or retro...it's in the exact same condition it was when you could have picked it off the shelf of EB Games at launch day. sealed is a better term though.

do you know about the filter for "Sold Listings" on ebay? that will give you the true values people are willing to pay. current listings are never a good way to judge market value because a seller can price something at any price they want, but that's not neccesarily what it's worth.

yes I do know about the sold listing filter- that's how I found out about the $2k Joe and Mac 2.

and even THAT'S not a good indicator. If you have a 70 year old woman make an ad for Stadium Events and puts it as a BIN for $20, and someone buys it at that, it doesn't mean that Stadium Events is worth $20. There's a company that uses a program that scans eBay listings hundreds of times a minute for BINs that are listed far below the going rate, and they automatically buy them from what I understand, so those sold listings shouldn't be taken into account either.

generally speaking, I think common minty CIB SNES games are worth about $50, and that number goes up by about 50 bucks for every rarity tier that it increases by. general public awareness of a game has a lot more to do with rarity. stadium events sells for a fortune now because of word of mouth- it's not necessarily the rarest game on the NES but as long as people keep saying it is, it'll keep commanding a high price

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #709 on: January 18, 2015, 08:37:10 PM »

local ad for this list of NES games (some CIB) for $800 CAD (about $670 USD). i'm not too interested in it for myself, especially the loose stuff, but thinking about flipping it or at least passing on any savings to people here who have holes to fill in their NES library. i very quickly skimmed price charting and it seems to be only about market value, but he's open to offers so what would you say is a fair price for these 49 games?

All Star Pro Basketball

Batman

Bionic Commando

Blades of Steel

California Games

Castlevania

Castlevania 2 Simons Quest

Castlevania 3 Dracula’s Curse rough box

Contra

Super C

Déjà vu

Double Dragon II

Double Dragon III

Faxanadu

Football

Golf

Golgo 13

Gumshoe

Heavy Barrel

Kirby’s Adventure

The Legend of Zelda Complete in Box

Zelda II Adventure of Link Complete in Box

Little Nemo Dream Master Complete in Box

Mega Man 2

Mega Man 3

Mega Man 4

Metal Gear

Metroid

Monster Party

Nes Open

P.O.W.

Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers

Rygar

Sesame Street

Star Tropics

Strider

Super Mario Bros triple cart

Super Mario Bros double cart

Super Mario Bros Complete in Box

Super Mario Bros 2 Complete in Box

Super Mario Bros 3 Complete in Box

Sweet Home Rare Translation Cartridge

TMNT Complete in Box

Tetris complete in box

Werewolf

Wizards and Warriors

Wizards and Warriors 2 Iron Sword

Galactic Crusader baby blue cartridge

Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy Complete in Box
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 08:44:51 PM by techwizard » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #710 on: January 18, 2015, 08:51:19 PM »

I've been out of NES pricing for quite sometime but that seems a hundred or two too high to me....

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #711 on: January 18, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »

I've been out of NES pricing for quite sometime but that seems a hundred or two too high to me....

that's what i was thinking too, but i'm not sure. i was considering offering $500 canadian (about $415 USD), see what he says. don't forget that 6 or 7 of the games are CIB which bumps up their value quite a bit from their loose carts.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #712 on: January 18, 2015, 09:06:43 PM »

Nothing rare there in that lot, so it wouldn't be a quick flip if you grabbed it. I'd walk with that starting price, but you might try to go low and see what happens.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #713 on: January 18, 2015, 09:10:52 PM »

Nothing rare there in that lot, so it wouldn't be a quick flip if you grabbed it. I'd walk with that starting price, but you might try to go low and see what happens.

that was the first thing i was looking for, any names that stood out as desirable but i didn't see any and was hoping someone else might spot something that i didn't realize was rare. maybe i'll just pass on it, i could see the big name titles (the castlevanias, megamans, zeldas, marios) going instantly but everything else dragging on forever with not much profit. it seems like a really good starter kit if the price were right, but not a good bundle for resale.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #714 on: January 19, 2015, 12:06:38 AM »

Comes out to almost 14 per game.  Definitely not worth the original asking price.  Even at your 415 offer, it's still a no go in my book.  If I'm going to buy in bulk the price per cart has got to at least be close to 5 per cart.  But that's just me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:09:06 AM by cverz2 » Logged
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #715 on: January 19, 2015, 12:33:54 AM »

Comes out to almost 14 per game.  Definitely not worth the original asking price.  Even at your 415 offer, it's still a no go in my book.  If I'm going to buy in bulk the price per cart has got to at least be close to 5 per cart.  But that's just me.

ya, that's what i was thinking. without me even saying anything the seller came back at 600, but now with no zelda 1 and 2. i think i'll pass.
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #716 on: January 19, 2015, 12:49:29 AM »

He likely wouldn't even be left with $400 if he sold them all on eBay individually, after shipping expenses and fees. I could see paying $250-300 for that, just based on the fact that you are doing him a favor by not having to d*ck around with eBay or getting ripped off at a pawn shop/game store. It's so easy to sell things on Craigslist that it's an insult to price anything at eBay/game store value on there.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:51:46 AM by gbpxl » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #717 on: January 23, 2015, 06:27:49 PM »

thinking about selling off a couple steelbooks that i picked up but don't really care about. one of them is for New Super Mario Bros. U, and i can only find 3 BINs on ebay, one sold for $7.40 (CAD) the other 2 were around $50 (CAD). does that sound about right? if it does i'll probably put mine up for $45 cad, maybe $35 or $40 USD.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #718 on: January 23, 2015, 07:57:29 PM »

I'd start just south of the high end. (45$)
BIN for 7 days.

If someone undercuts you then you can undercut them since your not looking to make a killing Wink

If it doesn't sell and there is no competition and you are in no hurry to sell just let it relist until gone and price cut to match or beat the competition if/when they arise.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #719 on: January 23, 2015, 08:25:33 PM »

Put it up with a Best Offer option. You can do online haggling with it.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 55 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length