RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:11:23 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Halo2 Multiplayer thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 Print
Author Topic: Halo2 Multiplayer thread  (Read 59141 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #675 on: August 12, 2005, 04:01:36 AM »

I'm playing Halo2 with some buds tonight. the mighty Phoenix will be in attendance. I must plan my strategy.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #676 on: August 12, 2005, 04:05:43 AM »

This thread won't die till i am good and ready for it too Tongue

Anyways here is what i wanted to share with Halophiles
Got this survey in my email from Microsoft a few days ago.
http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo2/survey/

Sensei_Fu
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #677 on: August 12, 2005, 04:17:43 AM »

Wouldn't it be nice if they actually had a survey about the Live experience and Halo 2 on live?  Of course, they don't really want to hear people bitch about their problems with it.  

Oh, and Izzy, stop being a chicken and come play with me.   |D
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #678 on: August 12, 2005, 06:58:05 AM »

I'm playing Halo2 with some buds tonight. the mighty Phoenix will be in attendance. I must plan my strategy.

As much as I like the sound of  "The Mighty Phoenix", you'll recall I was quite mortal when we were playing rocketball, king of the hill, and 2 vs. 2 team slayer last time.

You guys did a good job. That King game on Coagulation with the vehicle pileup was hilarious...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 09:57:57 AM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #679 on: August 12, 2005, 09:29:02 AM »

Oh, and Izzy, stop being a chicken and come play with me.   |D

Its your own fault!
If you wanna play against me set up a time or IM me or something man.

Almost everytime i sign in now i have to clean out my buddy list from letting my bro play and then noone is on or the people who are on are in full parties.

I lpayed a few matches with Golem the other night but he went to bed or something. It was around 11.
I didn't hear what he said.

Besides i am wicked rusty. I told you about the swords match i got 0 kills in.

So you would be good for practice Tongue

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #680 on: August 13, 2005, 03:21:56 PM »

had another multi-player blast friday night. Phoenix ruled Halo2 as was expected but I hung close and managed to win a couple myself. I think I'm improving a bit.

played a few other games as well. Serious Sam was pretty good. Kung Fu Chaos was very promising though we need to play singleplayer to get more stuff unlocked. Played a game variant in Test Drive Off Road Wide Open called King of the Hill. that was pretty good, again as with Kung Fu haos need to play single to unlock more trucks and tracks.

finished up with several rounds of MOH: European Assault. That game has some outstanding maps. I usually fare better in this game and actually domoinated a few rounds where the sniper rifle was my weapon of choice.

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #681 on: August 14, 2005, 07:33:24 PM »

Screw modders ! I hope they make an update that sends a spike back through the network that causes displeasure or death.  Angry

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #682 on: August 14, 2005, 07:43:42 PM »

had another multi-player blast friday night. Phoenix ruled Halo2 as was expected but I hung close and managed to win a couple myself. I think I'm improving a bit.

played a few other games as well. Serious Sam was pretty good. Kung Fu Chaos was very promising though we need to play singleplayer to get more stuff unlocked. Played a game variant in Test Drive Off Road Wide Open called King of the Hill. that was pretty good, again as with Kung Fu haos need to play single to unlock more trucks and tracks.

finished up with several rounds of MOH: European Assault. That game has some outstanding maps. I usually fare better in this game and actually domoinated a few rounds where the sniper rifle was my weapon of choice.

I hate it when you get in the sniper roost! And I hate myself for not reloading before trying to knock you out of it! Good games, though. And you're right about the multiplayer maps...excellent!

We're going to have to try the Ghost Recon 2 multiplayer next time.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 07:44:25 PM by phoenix1967 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #683 on: August 14, 2005, 11:35:52 PM »

Screw modders ! I hope they make an update that sends a spike back through the network that causes displeasure or death.  Angry

Heheheheheh the only thing that is going to stop modders is going to be a new form of cheating.

The only reason that standbying went away was because of modding.

If i had properly learned how to standby and the router was in my room i woulda done it everytime someone modded me i wouldn't care about the reprocussions from bungie/microsoft to be honest with you.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #684 on: August 15, 2005, 04:54:57 AM »

I hate it when you get in the sniper roost! And I hate myself for not reloading before trying to knock you out of it! Good games, though. And you're right about the multiplayer maps...excellent!

We're going to have to try the Ghost Recon 2 multiplayer next time.

I picked up a budget title called Combat: Task Force 121. it's got 4 player splitscreen and deathmatch training with AI bots. I played through all the maps once. some are a bit repetitive but it could be a good Halo night game. I'm not sure if multi plays the same as training but if so, you can only change weapons at respawn. there are only about 9 different weapons. you have your primary weapon and also a knife, pistol and grenades which you switch with the d-pad. you have to collect extra ammo off dead guys.

the control is good and basically the same as Halo and MOH with a few minor differences. It also supports system link and live.

XBOX Magazine rated it really low but it is a $19.99 budget title. Haven't tried campaign, that may suck.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 04:55:47 AM by den68 » Logged

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #685 on: August 16, 2005, 10:12:30 AM »

First off.... Ghost Recon 2 rocks !

Second :

People who boost suck ! I dont understand the pleasure involved in boosting  Huh So you screw other people's clans just to have a high rank next to your clan ? And then what ? A booster clan plays a legit clan of that rank and gets owned.

My clan was a level 22 in minor and 17 in major. Then a person got into our clan and used our stats to boost their own clan. They dropped us down to an 11 in minor  :pissed:

Sigh.... Thats the 3rd time this has happened to us. I formed a new clan and have the minor ranking up to a 14 in one day. Still sucks that this has happened though. >:-

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #686 on: September 17, 2005, 06:18:12 AM »

I had a big crew over last night for some system link Halo2 and Halo action. We had 8 guys so it was a little crowded in my living room.

We played Slayer mostly with some Rocketball and Team Slayer thrown in. Sauza was the man to beat followed pretty closely by Phoenix. I finished 3rd or lower most of the night. Maybe a 2nd once or twice. I got my only win on Chiron in the original Halo.

It was the first time I'd played multi on the original Halo. I dug it. Some of the maps are less elaborate than Halo 2 but a few made for some real close quarters mayhem. There was blood, bodies and bullets flying everywhere.

Great games and some great grub whipped up by the lovely Centipede Hottie herself, my wife Carol. A great night all around.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #687 on: September 17, 2005, 10:37:13 AM »

I 2nd that! It was an excellent time! Thanks again to you and Carol for hosting. Props to Ray and Robbie for bringing the 2nd box, tv,and link cable. And for the sportsmanship of Jim, Paul, Sauza, and Brian.

We're going to have to do this again.

Den, do you have a copy of Unreal Championship 1? It has 4player splitscreen and system link and would probably be a lot of fun to play. Dirt cheap game, too (like 8 bucks used).

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #688 on: September 17, 2005, 03:25:29 PM »

I do not have that one but I'll keep a look out for it. Next time we play with a smaller group I've got a few I'd like to test out. Not all have system link though. Some like Shadow Ops Red Mercury do so they might be worth grabbing a second copy if they are any good.

too bad MOH: Euro Assault doesn't, that one would be sweet to play with 8.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #689 on: September 18, 2005, 07:46:24 AM »

Do any of the MOH games have system link?

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length