RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 12:35:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | letdowns 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: letdowns  (Read 963 times)
RyanHicks
N-Gage

Stats
« on: November 24, 2004, 02:54:17 PM »

With all the big releases lately there have been a lot of let downs in single player modes in games

Half Life 2 isn't what it was cracked up to be.

Halo 2 is a mediocre at best cliff hanger.

Fable was good but was shorter than, at least I, expected and had some things that didn't make sense (like the rapid player aging while everyone else remains the same. Is he Robin Williams in Jack? I don't get it).

Call of Duty: Finest Hour, in my opinion at least, is on the verge of sucking horribly.

Is it just that these games aren't living up to the hype so seem worse tha they are, or is it that they're just not that good?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 02:55:00 PM by RyanHicks » Logged

xXx-Till Death Do Us Part-xXx
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 03:07:54 PM »

Maybe they're just not your type of games. A lot of games get a lot of hype, sell great and are loved by seemingly everyone, but I just don't care for them. Zelda games for example. It was a bit of a let down when I first played ocarina of time and the wind waker, but I figured they're just not suitable for me.
RyanHicks
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 03:13:17 PM »

True. Although I did love the previous games like Half Life and Halo 1

xXx-Till Death Do Us Part-xXx
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 03:34:51 PM »

Alot of people have said that Halo2 was a huge let down in Campaign mode. I can't comment on that because i have only played it online.
Fable was WAY to short. Plus it definately didn't live up to it's massive free roaming levels that were talked about.
I didn't think Mario Golf was all that great. Not fun and much to realistic. I thought i was getting a fun golf game. Had the one of the funniest opening cinematics i have seen in awhile though.
Goblin Commander was good but short too.
Mortal Kombat Deception was pretty damn good because it surprised me in a few ways but i still haven't goten that much play out of it. (Mostly due to getting many games soon after it )
Frestyle Street Soccer was a spectacular buy for 6 bucks. Fun game play, good controls, and  i think 3 game modes. And approx 10 teams you can play thru the game with with 4 of which you start with.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length