RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 09:02:07 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | US Election Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: US Election Question  (Read 5695 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« on: September 09, 2008, 10:09:56 PM »

I am just wondering, how long does a US election go for exactly? I've been seeing this on the news for months now it seems.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 10:12:35 PM »

One day. November 4th this year. One day. And all this hype. Heh heh...  nod

Tell me about your variants...
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »

Yup, one day, but the pre game lasts forever.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:41:18 PM »

Yup, the pre game lasts an unbelievably long time. It's kind of stupid actually. Pretty much the media just trys to manipulate what the politicians stay instead of reporting the actual news. I honestly hate American news. I think I'd be better off watching the BBC if I wanted to learn something about McCain or Obama that wouldn't be obscurred.
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:16:52 PM »

The hoopla started, what, 12 months ago? 18? It's been going on FOREVER.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 11:17:33 PM »

Yup, the pre game lasts an unbelievably long time. It's kind of stupid actually. Pretty much the media just trys to manipulate what the politicians stay instead of reporting the actual news. I honestly hate American news. I think I'd be better off watching the BBC if I wanted to learn something about McCain or Obama that wouldn't be obscurred.

Concerning the media:

I lol'd

[img width=250 height=281]http://www.ibdeditorials.com/images/editimg/issues04072408.gif[/img]

When shall his new form be revealed?
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 11:29:30 PM »

Fox hasn't contributed ANY money to the Republicans? That seems awfully hard to believe...

Where did you find that?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:31:53 PM by Bad Enough Dude » Logged

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 11:43:38 PM »

Oh god, the way Hilary Clinton had already folded, I figured it was a really long election process. But it is all based on opinion polls at this point? Only one picture can sum up my opinion of so much hype.

swear

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 03:00:21 AM »

I have a question:

Why is everyone so sure Obama or Microchips is going to be president? What about the Republicans? Or do they have next to no chance this time?

Of course, I don't know much about American politics except Obama is black, McCain is old and Hillary Duff is a woman.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 03:01:09 AM »

Fox hasn't contributed ANY money to the Republicans? That seems awfully hard to believe...

Where did you find that?

http://www.ibdeditorials....s.aspx?id=301702713742569

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 03:01:40 AM »

I have a question:

Why is everyone so sure Obama or Microchips is going to be president? What about the Republicans? Or do they have next to no chance this time?

Of course, I don't know much about American politics except Obama is black, McCain is old and Hillary Duff is a woman.

lolz. lern to amerikkan politicks

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 04:44:30 AM »

It's lasting too long. One chance out of two when turning on CNN you'll get something about the elections. Why don't they just start campaigning later on and save those millions and millions that are used for them for the things that really matter.
Tan
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 07:37:11 AM »

It's lasting too long. One chance out of two when turning on CNN you'll get something about the elections. Why don't they just start campaigning later on and save those millions and millions that are used for them for the things that really matter.

I think they like the media circus that goes with it, or at least some of them do. It seems less about the policies and more about the people.

For contrast, let me explain ours (Canada). We have several 4-5 major parties. One in power, one the official opposition and the rest have seats in the legislature. We don't vote for the faces, we vote strictly for the policies. As it stands right now, the PM has dissolved the house of commons for an election in one month. Now before you say "well Canada has a small population", keep in mind that our house of commons appoints 308 members during each election.

The difference here I think is that media circus. Sure they campaign, sling mud, all that fun stuff as well, but they only have a month to bug the shit out of us with their media commercials and debates. Tongue
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 07:49:02 AM »

Sound about normal. Our elections are much more like your Canadian than the US ones. I also think there is a law here against TV networks sponsoring parties. Don't hold me to that though as I really am not sure.

BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 11:35:48 AM »

I think they like the media circus that goes with it, or at least some of them do. It seems less about the policies and more about the people.

For contrast, let me explain ours (Canada). We have several 4-5 major parties. One in power, one the official opposition and the rest have seats in the legislature. We don't vote for the faces, we vote strictly for the policies. As it stands right now, the PM has dissolved the house of commons for an election in one month. Now before you say "well Canada has a small population", keep in mind that our house of commons appoints 308 members during each election.

The difference here I think is that media circus. Sure they campaign, sling mud, all that fun stuff as well, but they only have a month to bug the shit out of us with their media commercials and debates. Tongue

That sounds... magical Smiley Of course, politicians in the US will argue that with only one month of commercials and debates that the public doesn't have ample time to "get to know the candidates." What they don't realize is that we don't know them any better than we did 2 years ago. They are still the same greedy, sleazy, talking heads who don't give a rip about any of us. Gotta love it.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length