RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:19:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Dead Xbox 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dead Xbox  (Read 978 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »

So just over after a year my Xbox 360 Elite has got the red ring of death, it had'nt been used for a month due to me being on holiday and it hadent been on that long only about and hour, so needless to say im a bit pissed off.

i have had the ring before when the HDMI cable hasent been in right but thid time is make a a strange noise then goes red, thing is as i bought it new when i send it back i dont want it replaced with a second hand one, nor do i want this to happen again in another year.

as i dont realy read other game sites has this problem with then now been permantley fixed or long term will we all have a pile of games and no systems to play then on

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

How many red lights come on? All 4 red lights is an AV problem, such as the HDMI cable not being plugged in properly as you found out. If it's a hardware problem, only three red lights come on.

From what I've heard, they repair people's Xboxes then send the same one back, although it doesn't always work out like that. If you do send it to be repaired, remember to keep your hard drive.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »

yeah its the normal 3 that have come on top right unlight, and the HDD has already been removed! Smiley

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:15:17 AM »

Sorry to hear about your 360.
Kimoosabi
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 11:09:31 AM »

I don't know if it's been permanently fixed, but the rate of the 3 red lights of doom occurring seems to be significantly reduced. Personally I am on my third Xbox 360, the first two died within 7 months of use, but the current one has been trucking along with no problems for over a year now.
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:09:48 AM »

Hopefully MS support isn't a pain in the ass to deal with.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length