RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:47:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Trophies From the Hunt | E-Bay winnings 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 138 Print
Author Topic: E-Bay winnings  (Read 441679 times)
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1395 on: October 06, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »

Been wanting to get into collecting Nintendo Power magazines, and I finally scored issue #1, 3, and 5 in a lot on ebay for $35. Condition is honestly at the absolute bare minimum of what I'd be willing to accept, but considering their age, I'm happy anyway. Front covers are worn and a little frayed all around, but not torn or anything, and the back cover is missing on issue 1 and torn on issue 2, and none of them have their posters. The actual pages are all intact though, which is the real important thing for me.

I might've been pickier if they were later issues, but issue 1 seems to be kinda hard to find for a good price in any condition, so I think getting a kinda beat up looking one for essentially $11-12ish isn't too bad.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1396 on: October 07, 2012, 10:28:14 AM »

Yeah it's gonna be difficult to find a nintendo power for sale with they posters still in them.  I've been thinking about getting a nintendo power collecting going recently.  I kinda feel like no nes collection is complete without them.  Not all nintendo powers are $10 reach, are they?

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1397 on: October 07, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »

Yeah it's gonna be difficult to find a nintendo power for sale with they posters still in them.  I've been thinking about getting a nintendo power collecting going recently.  I kinda feel like no nes collection is complete without them.  Not all nintendo powers are $10 reach, are they?

From my observation, the earliest few issues are by far the most expensive, but the price goes down the newer you get. It's also easier to find newer issues in better condition.  I've seen some issues as cheap as $2 in nice shape.

Don't quote me on this or anything, but my guess is that anything from 1990 onward or so you should have no problem finding for good prices. As with most collections, the most economical way to get them is almost always to simply buy in bulk lots.
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1398 on: October 21, 2012, 09:56:41 AM »

Been wanting to get into collecting Nintendo Power magazines, and I finally scored issue #1, 3, and 5 in a lot on ebay for $35. Condition is honestly at the absolute bare minimum of what I'd be willing to accept, but considering their age, I'm happy anyway. Front covers are worn and a little frayed all around, but not torn or anything, and the back cover is missing on issue 1 and torn on issue 2, and none of them have their posters. The actual pages are all intact though, which is the real important thing for me.

I might've been pickier if they were later issues, but issue 1 seems to be kinda hard to find for a good price in any condition, so I think getting a kinda beat up looking one for essentially $11-12ish isn't too bad.

Nice score for $35.00

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
Phillyman
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1399 on: November 01, 2012, 06:52:03 PM »

I am a bit of an expert with regards to Nintendo Power Smiley Its crazy how inflated the prices of Nintendo Power Magazines are right now. The first issue WAS around $20 for the last 7 years that I have run Retromags. Now its just a magic number that seems to get pulled from the air. I think within the next few months they will go back down. People are just trying to capitalize on Nintendo Power shutting down. Now GamePro issue 1 usually ran $30, and EGM issue 1 brought around $200....which you would think was crazy......until you see that PSX Issue 1 and GameFan issue 1.....go for around $400 each!

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1400 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:10 AM »

I am a bit of an expert with regards to Nintendo Power Smiley Its crazy how inflated the prices of Nintendo Power Magazines are right now. The first issue WAS around $20 for the last 7 years that I have run Retromags. Now its just a magic number that seems to get pulled from the air. I think within the next few months they will go back down. People are just trying to capitalize on Nintendo Power shutting down. Now GamePro issue 1 usually ran $30, and EGM issue 1 brought around $200....which you would think was crazy......until you see that PSX Issue 1 and GameFan issue 1.....go for around $400 each!

Well from the sound of things I really did make off with an okay price. I've gotten a couple of more issues since then. They're a tad ratty too, but i'm not too concerned about condition, just so long as all the pages are intact and there aren't any nasty huge tears in the covers or anything. I'm just kinda checking them off focusing on one year at a time. I'm actually using Retromags as a handy way to check what I'm missing.

It'd be kinda cool if RFGen had stuff for magazines too, but I can understand if they don't want to go down that road.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1401 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »

Wow i didn't realize old NPs went for so much.
Wonder what my Nintendo power magazine rack is worth. It still has Issue 2 and an assembly manual chained to it.

Anyways i actually won something for the first time in a long time
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1..._trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1402 on: December 08, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »

I scored this one in early October. It was the last Zelda game I needed. Can't beat that for a boxed copy.

* Capture.PNG (246.99 KB, 1183x596 - viewed 341 times.)

Missionfailed
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #1403 on: December 13, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »

Finally got my hands on a JVC 'eye. It arrived today so my world is almost complete.
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1404 on: December 14, 2012, 04:20:42 AM »

I have been trying to collect Nintendo Power issues, and you are right, I find that issues 1-10 are usually the most expensive and after issue 15 or so, you can usually get them for a few bucks a piece.  Speaking of Nintendo Power, I just picked up two copies of the final issue. Sad

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1405 on: December 29, 2012, 10:21:02 AM »

Just sent a "Best Offer" which was $12 less than the asking price for a loose copy of Mega Man (1) and the seller accepted it, so I'm pretty happy about that.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1406 on: December 29, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »

I sent a best offer of $4 on an item with an asking price of $5.50 and my offer was rejected.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1407 on: December 29, 2012, 10:56:03 AM »

Just sent a "Best Offer" which was $12 less than the asking price for a loose copy of Mega Man (1) and the seller accepted it, so I'm pretty happy about that.

That is pretty good.

I sent a best offer of $4 on an item with an asking price of $5.50 and my offer was rejected.

That's weird, I wonder what they would have accepted? Anything over $5.47? I made an offer of $11.50 on a $14.50 item which had been relisted several times, over a few months and was rejected.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1408 on: December 30, 2012, 04:30:25 AM »

That is pretty good.

That's weird, I wonder what they would have accepted? Anything over $5.47? I made an offer of $11.50 on a $14.50 item which had been relisted several times, over a few months and was rejected.

I think that my offer was accepted 'cause it was a Canadian seller and they probably figured they'd save a bit on shipping. That being said, I expected it to be rejected ("buy it now"s for Mega Man 1 are pretty much all right around $50 right now, so to get the game for $36 without waiting for an auction is cool).

I'm not sure where sellers' tipping points would be. I suspect that on smaller items, it might be ~20% and on larger items, it might get closer to 10%. I.e., If I'm selling a game for $5, I'll probably take $4, but if I'm selling a game for $100, I'm probably not going to accept $80 for it. I will accept $90, though. At least that's where my head's at.
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1409 on: December 30, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »

I just won Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2 for $28 bucks. : ). I have always wanted to play the second installment, so I am excited to play it, soon.   

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 138 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length