RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:06:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | The Gym Diary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: The Gym Diary  (Read 217684 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »

Hey now!

Another 11.5 miles up in the local hills, in variable weather conditions.

Still have some pep in me, but I have a feeling I'll be fairly sore tomorrow.

Trying to get back into the free weights-- been going pretty slow on 'em so far.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 12:51:57 AM »

I haven't had much free time or daylight for hiking lately.

I'm still at 245, so at least I'm not gaining.

Thinking of hitting the local community center track every other day. But doing laps is so crashingly boring, even with my tunes playing.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 01:39:50 PM »

I'm down to 192, i was at 200 when the year began.  I need to get to 170 by August for my wedding.  I was at 170 when i first met my fiance.

moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 11:27:28 PM »

I'm down to 192, i was at 200 when the year began.  I need to get to 170 by August for my wedding.  I was at 170 when i first met my fiance.
l

Awesome progress!  I know you could get a 100 different health/workout ideas from 100 different people but I've found that 3 days of weight training and 2-3 days of cardio a week, combined with 5 or 6 smaller meals is the ticket to success.

Keep the weight training to 45 mins or so and do heavy weight/low reps and make sure the cardio is for at least 30 mins.  Make sure you get 20 or so grams of protein within 30 mins of working out.

You'll slim down and tone up!  Well, just food for thought.  No matter what route you take, keep it up and congrats on your wedding!

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2013, 10:10:44 PM »

I'm decreasing the portion size of my meals and running 45 minutes twice a week.  Im starting at a slower pace because i know if i try going balls out i won't do it at all.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 02:45:58 AM »

I started sticking to the Wii Fit lately. I'll do the 30 minute step program and change the TV input and play NHL 13 or something that doesn't require a lot of hand eye coordination. Doing that and cutting out soda, I've dropped 6 pounds in ~3 weeks.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 08:15:14 AM »

I'm gettin' back to keeping a calorie intake log, and hiking the hills twice a week on my days off. I'll likely increase the frequency of the hiking as the daylight increases. Until then, I'm doing more walking around the neighborhood.

I've also recently gotten back to the free weights. I can barbell bench-press 25 pounds for eight reps now... which I admit is pretty sad. But it is an upgrade from the 20 pounds I started with last month.

And as soon as I feel up to it, I'm gettin' back to doin' my balance ball exercises.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »

I started working out after I quit my job but haven't done anything since I got the flu last week. Really need to kick myself back into gear. Getting the flu is what knocked me off my routine last year.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 01:58:38 PM »

I cycled 130 km (80 miles) in 4,5 hours yesterday. On my new bike (bianchi). Not fast, but it was rather nice. I did the exact same trip last monday and this time I did much better. I should easily be able to do it in less than 4 hours in a few weeks/months.

I was planning to do 370 km (230 miles) in one day this summer. I'm hoping to be able to do that in 14 to 15 hours in total. Should be possible during the day time. I'm having some knee problems though, so I hope I'll manage to stay relatively healthy.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 04:31:49 PM »

Fucking knees, we need to evolve something better.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »

My ankle sprain has cut my free-weight routine down to what I can do on the bench. Better to do part of my routine than nothing at all, right?

Fortunately, it seems to be healing up pretty well; I plan to hit the trails again within the next two weeks. Most likely the Saturday after next.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »

My issue is I want to gain weight but I also like taking long walks. Long walks along with my usual frenetic constant moving self is making me not gain any weight...I have gotten a bit more toned than I was but yeesh. I've started eating a lot more and drinking protein shakes, see if that SHAKES things up.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 11:41:16 PM »

I have a problem gaining weight as well.  It seems that no matter how much muscle I build, I stay around 130-135.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2013, 08:59:34 PM »

Since the beginning of the year I've dropped 35 pounds down to ~185.  I haven't been able to go to the gym in the last three weeks due to my shitty gall bladder and I feel like garbage.  I've probably gained about 8 of that back.  This past week I've felt pretty good so I'm going to go back on Monday.  Wish me luck!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2013, 10:24:32 PM »

Since the beginning of the year I've dropped 35 pounds down to ~185.

That's pretty good going.

I dropped 125 pounds in one year, myself...

...and gained 50 of it back over the next two years.

Fortunately, I'm back on a downward trend again, thanks to (largely) a more positive attitude, and getting a more regular and consistent workout routine in.

I haven't been able to go to the gym in the last three weeks due to my shitty gall bladder and I feel like garbage.

Could be the tequila consumption.  Grin

But yeah, it sucks when you just plain don't feel like doing stuff, be it for physical reasons or otherwise.

I've probably gained about 8 of that back.

Hey, that's way better than gaining back all the weight you'd lost since the start of the year. Besides, as you get back into your routine, you should find yourself trending downward again. Just gotta stick with it is all.

This past week I've felt pretty good so I'm going to go back on Monday.  Wish me luck!

More power to you, fine sir.

As for myself: Over the past couple days, I've been doing a few sets of standing free-weight reps without much complaint from the ankle.

I even upped the weight a bit on my bent-over-rowing and dumbbell-bench-press workouts, and added a set of ab-wheel reps so I can really feel the burn.

Gonna throw some balance-ball exercises into the mix, as soon as I get me a new balance ball.

I can't wait to get back up to full hiking health, since that's where the majority of my cardio comes from. It's also the most enjoyable part of my routine. Just another week to go...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 10:29:14 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length